3 Chicago Bears

$50,533,037
4 New England Patriots

$41,612,257
5 Cincinnati Bengals

$45,993,045
6 Seattle Seahawks

$45,821,146

These are the teams that would benefit the most if LA had to get trade off Mack or Bosa, even if they outright release Allen or Williams i cannot see KC being able to get one of them.

A lot of space left but those teams have seem to let a lot go by them too. Look at the commanders. They have had some solid signings but no big splashes. I would expect them to do so after teams get in compliance. I cant believe the Bengals have shit to spend now. Their bill will come due next year for sure. 

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

True but a few of those guys have made bank over their career and never won a ring.  None of those teams outside of Cincy and maybe Seattle are even remotely contenders.  

I'm starting to think that "get the Ring" thing is wayyyy overblown. We are not seeing the type of aging stars playing for a Ring like the Pats did

4 hours ago, xen said:

No one seems to be in a hurry to overpay this FA receiver class.  Nobody is signing them.  Draft is historically deep at receiver so I expect some 1 year deals on some of these guys available.

Exactly right.  Why would a team overpay for an aging vet when there's so many quality WRs in the draft.  It will be interesting to see the last minute releases today.  Somewhere in there should be at least one WR wanting one last rodeo.  The prices for the earlier signings in this FA class seem to be more panic hires than well negotiated deals.  Someone, probably Matt Derrick, described the phases of FA and likened this Friday and Saturday to the period after Christmas when the real bargains are out there.  Makes sense to me.  

Do we get a FA WR? If so who? 

Allen to us or Jets?

Brown to us or stays with AZ?

Might come down to Samuel to us then if no one else shakes out.

I don't want Renfrow. He seems to have peaked already but then again, I am not a pro evaluator as the Chiefs are.

34 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Do we get a FA WR? If so who? 

Allen to us or Jets?

Brown to us or stays with AZ?

Might come down to Samuel to us then if no one else shakes out.

I don't want Renfrow. He seems to have peaked already but then again, I am not a pro evaluator as the Chiefs are.

Maybe a vet on a short term deal.  No way do the Chiefs do a Ridley type contract.  The guy is nearly 30 and snagged a four year contract.  Brown is probably wanting too much.  Samuel or Mike Williams on a one or two year max is the best shot IMHO. 

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe a vet on a short term deal.  No way do the Chiefs do a Ridley type contract.  The guy is nearly 30 and snagged a four year contract.  Brown is probably wanting too much.  Samuel or Mike Williams on a one or two year max is the best shot IMHO. 

I think Brown would get a 2 or 3 year deal. Williams a prove it 1 year deal. Either way we will draft another WR. Another name that may be coming on the market is Gallup.

14 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I really am a bit shocked that some of these guys don't want to sign up to try to get a shot at a ring, they all just seem to want the bag now. guess cash is still King!

That's been brought up several times here and by the talking heads.  Going for a ring is more for the fans than the players.  Tranquill is the only one I can recall that specifically said he wanted a chance for a ring in KC.  As fans, the ring is everything.  As studs, money is what brings the things they want.  They seem to brag more about being highest paid than having the most rings.  Sadly, forty years after retirement, they won't know the difference whether they made $29 million or $31 million last year but they will remember that SB winning feeling, or lack of it. 

49 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I really am a bit shocked that some of these guys don't want to sign up to try to get a shot at a ring, they all just seem to want the bag now. guess cash is still King!

I can't blame them.  My career choices have been heavily influenced by how much I know I'm worth and how much someone is willing to pay for my skills.  If my career was as concentrated as theirs and carried a career-ending injury risk on a daily basis - you know darn well I'd take the bag.  

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I'm not shocked. Its a business. Cash is king in both directions, and players know that, especially players who have never experienced playing on a champion that has a special chemistry that is pretty unique in sports.  To them, all teams are the same, so you take the best money.

Kj Osborne is the guy I’d get on the cheap. The market is crazy. No  one is taking a discount to come here. 
brown probably about to get some crazy number too… 

run it back with Snead and draft a stud

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think Brown would get a 2 or 3 year deal. Williams a prove it 1 year deal. Either way we will draft another WR. Another name that may be coming on the market is Gallup.

Hollywood Brown has indicated via social media that he wants to come to KC.  Don't know if the deal is close or he's just grabbing attention.  He won't be cheap so if he does have a handshake agreement, it might be delayed until Sneed is traded.  What is he worth for one year?  Two years?

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Hollywood Brown has indicated via social media that he wants to come to KC.  Don't know if the deal is close or he's just grabbing attention.  He won't be cheap so if he does have a handshake agreement, it might be delayed until Sneed is traded.  What is he worth for one year?  Two years?

Probably too much. 

That WR deal for Cavlin Ridley is ridiculous.  Titans front office trying to destroy that team. Yikes! Also think this makes it that much harder to sign Hollywood.  I'm bracing myself for some crazy 4/80+million dollar deal for Brown, which I hope we don't do.