Free agent talk rumors

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hollywood Brown has indicated via social media that he wants to come to KC.  Don't know if the deal is close or he's just grabbing attention.  He won't be cheap so if he does have a handshake agreement, it might be delayed until Sneed is traded.  What is he worth for one year?  Two years?

Probably trying to scare other afc teams to over pay him in order to keep him out of KC.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hollywood Brown has indicated via social media that he wants to come to KC.  Don't know if the deal is close or he's just grabbing attention.  He won't be cheap so if he does have a handshake agreement, it might be delayed until Sneed is traded.  What is he worth for one year?  Two years?

Market Value

• 4 yrs, $59,530,956
  • Avg. Salary: $14,882,739
  • NFL Rank: 126
  • WR Rank: 23

per Spotrac

21 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm starting to think that "get the Ring" thing is wayyyy overblown. We are not seeing the type of aging stars playing for a Ring like the Pats did

Maybe Veach doesn't go after aging stars?

My buddy wants to forego signing a WR and give the money to Arik Armstead so the chiefs have one of the most dominant D tackle duos in league history. Its not crazy, bring snead back on the franchise tag and see if the other team can ever score.

Personally i am on the hollywood brown bandwagon. The dude has never played with a stud QB and might be excellent here.

ive also always been a curtis samuel fan.

tyler boyd has never really impressed me, but we could do much worse than him as well.

im not opposed to taking 2 or 3 WRs in the draft as well and using free agency money to bolster left tackle and d line.

plenty of options 

5 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Personally i am on the hollywood brown bandwagon. The dude has never played with a stud QB and might be excellent here.

Oh, come on!   I have it on good authority from all talking heads in the media that Lamar Jackson is an exceedingly better QB, like not even in the same galaxy, than Patty Mahomes.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Market Value

• 4 yrs, $59,530,956
  • Avg. Salary: $14,882,739
  • NFL Rank: 126
  • WR Rank: 23

per Spotrac

I personally would NOT pay Brown 14 mil per..Maaaaaybe 10 to 12?

However, MVS was making what? 11 Mil per, and Brown is much better than him so.....

7 minutes ago, artsy said:

I personally would pay Brown 14 mil per..Maaaaaybe 10 to 12?

However, MVS was making what? 11 Mil per, and Brown is much better than him so.....

yea it was 3 year $30M for MVS. but would Hollyweird play for $11-12M? not unless there where no better offers I'd say

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea it was 3 year $30M for MVS. but would Hollyweird play for $11-12M? not unless there where no better offers I'd say

Yea, I agree. I think we had a really good chance before the horrible Ridley contract...now? 

Probably not. If I'm Brown, I wait it out and try to get close to what Ridley got. He doesn't have the numbers Ridley has, but I think he's just as good.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I agree. I think we had a really good chance before the horrible Ridley contract...now? 

Probably not. If I'm Brown, I wait it out and try to get close to what Ridley got. He doesn't have the numbers Ridley has, but I think he's just as good.

And if you wait to long the cap space is all used up by teams and end up playing for a prove it 1 year deal. It is a balancing act for sure now in day 3 of FA.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

And if you wait to long the cap space is all used up by teams and end up playing for a prove it 1 year deal. It is a balancing act for sure now in day 3 of FA.

Would you do 3 for 40 with Brown?

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

Would you do 3 for 40 with Brown?

Not as long as other options were out there.  As Kuenn pointed out, the buyers tend to dry up as we get farther from the beginning of FA.  The first day is panic buying as GMs try to make a splash or fill an obvious need.  Veach grabbing Taylor last year is an example.  Sometimes it sets the market, but other times the early bird chokes on the worm's contract.  We will know more if/when Sneed is traded.  The amount of cap reliefs from Mahomes's contract had some purpose that only Veach knows. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not as long as other options were out there.  As Kuenn pointed out, the buyers tend to dry up as we get farther from the beginning of FA.  The first day is panic buying as GMs try to make a splash or fill an obvious need.  Veach grabbing Taylor last year is an example.  Sometimes it sets the market, but other times the early bird chokes on the worm's contract.  We will know more if/when Sneed is traded.  The amount of cap reliefs from Mahomes's contract had some purpose that only Veach knows. 

Well there will be other options obviously, but not at the Brown level. Brown is considered a Tier 2 WR (Possibly Mike Williams too). Once he's signed, we're on to the Tier 3s. (DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds, Tyler Boyd, etc.. ) I was "hoping" for a solid #2 that could pair with Rice until the #1 WR we draft is up to speed...

I'm sure Veech has a plan tho, so I'm really not that worried.

36 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well there will be other options obviously, but not at the Brown level. Brown is considered a Tier 2 WR (Possibly Mike Williams too). Once he's signed, we're on to the Tier 3s. (DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds, Tyler Boyd, etc.. ) I was "hoping" for a solid #2 that could pair with Rice until the #1 WR we draft is up to speed...

I'm sure Veech has a plan tho, so I'm really not that worried.

who's to say Rice is  not a #1? Time will tell I guess

Looks like we are keeping our defense together for the most part. Hell, our team together. Now to add to the offense weapons at WR and get the OT  I think we do add a 2 WR type and go into the draft for OT, WR and DT. Get the BPA and developmental guys for who we see may be hard to sign next year. Draft will be telling if we go LB for Bolton or G for Smith replacement possibilities. I do think we resign Creed.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Jones, Wharton, Pennel, Buggs.  Pennel will be on a snap count and Buggs has yet to play for the Chiefs.  Both are run pluggers.  Expect to see one more pass rushing DT unless the Chiefs resign Danna which I hope they do.