Free agent talk rumors

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If we are trading Sneed, we better get some good picks for him now. Hopefully the teams that need or want him don't spend all their cap.

Oh, there's still teams with plenty of cap left. I bet Dallas jumps in on the Sneed train soon..

What worries me about Brown is his drops. He has had 23 in 5 years. Do we want to spend good money on a faster MVS? Good for 500 to 700 yards per season with one outlier if one 1k season. I mean if the Chiefs think he is it, great. I would not want to spend a ton of money to find out he is another MVS/Toney type though.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/marquise-brown-player-stats?category=receiving&seasonType=reg

22 minutes ago, artsy said:

Shit! Samuel just went to Buffalo for cheap!

I wonder what Veech's plan is????

Former Washington Commanders wide receiver Curtis Samuel is signing a three-year, $24 million deal worth up to $30 million, including $15 million guaranteed, with the Buffalo Bills, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Thursday.

Man the market for Brown and Williams is dropping if they are holding out for a huge number.

Veach is going to wow us or wait to death for his guy.

Wow us.....getting Sneed traded and the other team needing to get his contract done. What team? Vikings. We get back Jefferson and have to do his contract too which is taking time.

We will need to throw in another pick or so and they are bickering about it. We then go into draft for OT and depth/development.

Waiting to death is because WR thinks they are worth a ton still on day 4 of FA and the guy we want will have to meet us in the middle some way or a good contract with 3 years and year 3 being voidable.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Veach is going to wow us or wait to death for his guy.

Wow us.....getting Sneed traded and the other team needing to get his contract done. What team? Vikings. We get back Jefferson and have to do his contract too which is taking time.

We will need to throw in another pick or so and they are bickering about it. We then go into draft for OT and depth/development.

Waiting to death is because WR thinks they are worth a ton still on day 4 of FA and the guy we want will have to meet us in the middle some way or a good contract with 3 years and year 3 being voidable.

Why would we trade prime Tyreek so we wouldnt have to pay him and then trade for Jefferson and pay him? We could have had the top 5 WR without having to trade anything.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why would we trade prime Tyreek so we wouldnt have to pay him and then trade for Jefferson and pay him? We could have had the top 5 WR without having to trade anything.

Well at the time we had other issues with cap etc. I think the haul for Hill and his asking price plus where we were at and who we would have to give up were to good for us to pass for the trade. 

It was more of a tongue in cheek post. Right now though we are set, can get the cap to work, have players signed with not many glaring holes and still have the draft too.

I think, if by a snowball chance in hell this were to happen, is because Jefferson is the all around WR1 everyone wants to have. Speed, deep threat, height, makes contested catches etc.