Free agent talk rumors

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Knows the system. Allows younger DT we bring in to learn for the year. Fills a hole and creates depth.

All good points but I feel his play has declined and the Chiefs now have six interior D-linemen.  Wharton can pass rush, Pennell played lights out in the SB, and the guy they got from LVS has two years left.  Buggs can supposedly do what Nnadi does.  Guess at least one will be cut in TC. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Veach is setting us up to go into the draft with hardly any needs. Seems he is trying but not offering the moon.

Thank god. Dillion is not the business 

32 minutes ago, jetlord said:

All good points but I feel his play has declined and the Chiefs now have six interior D-linemen.  Wharton can pass rush, Pennell played lights out in the SB, and the guy they got from LVS has two years left.  Buggs can supposedly do what Nnadi does.  Guess at least one will be cut in TC. 

Wouldn't count on a whole season of Pennell. Isn't he up there in age?

37 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wouldn't count on a whole season of Pennell. Isn't he up there in age?

Probably 200-300 snaps plus the playoffs, but Wharton and Ferrell will eat up some and I thought the Chiefs were counting on Buggs to be the fat body run stuffer.  Then there's the possibility that the Chiefs bring back Danna who rotates inside sometimes.  There will have to be some cuts, especially if a DT falls to the Chiefs in the draft.  

Veach's habit of having a team to field before the draft is coming into place.  DBs, check.  LBs, check. DTs, check. Edge, need Danna.  So the remaining work is filling the offense.  Backup QB, RB, OT are up in the air and maybe not all will be filled before the draft.  Some help may come with post draft cuts and I think a WR FA is still in the works.  CEH is still out there as is Gabbert.  So the only real pressure is to get a WR from FA.  That will happen when the Sneed deal is settled.  How it's settled will determine which WR the Chiefs can afford.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Veach's habit of having a team to field before the draft is coming into place.  DBs, check.  LBs, check. DTs, check. Edge, need Danna.  So the remaining work is filling the offense.  Backup QB, RB, OT are up in the air and maybe not all will be filled before the draft.  Some help may come with post draft cuts and I think a WR FA is still in the works.  CEH is still out there as is Gabbert.  So the only real pressure is to get a WR from FA.  That will happen when the Sneed deal is settled.  How it's settled will determine which WR the Chiefs can afford.  

It is absolutely stupid that danna is still on the street.  Can give a team quality snaps and versatility.  

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Herbert is no mahomes.  And they don't have a kelce.  Or a defense.  And our rookie wr > their rookie wr.

Qell yeah, that was insinuated. They did though have some fine WRs for him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39735346/chiefs-sign-hollywood-brown-one-year-deal-sources-say

Former Baltimore Ravens and Arizona Cardinals receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal worth up to $11 million with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Brown, who was traded to the Cardinals by the Ravens in 2022, did not get the long-term deal he was seeking leading into the 2023 campaign and was hampered by a heel injury last season.

Injuries have become a recent factor for Brown, who hasn't played a full season since 2020.

Brown, who turns 27 on June 4, finished 2023 with a career-low 574 yards in 14 games. He had 51 catches and four touchdowns on 101 targets, his third straight year with triple-digit targets. However, he set career lows with yards-per-target average (5.68) and yards after catch (164).

He entered the NFL as the 25th pick in the 2019 draft by the Ravens. He has 313 career receptions for 3,644 yards and 28 touchdowns. His lone 1,000-yard season came in 2021, when he caught 91 passes for 1,008 yards for Baltimore.

ESPN's Josh Weinfuss contributed to this report.

Well, I was wrong about needing to trade Sneed before signing Brown.  Maybe a Sneed deal is in the works or maybe he's going to sign an extension.  Now address the LT spot and then enter the draft going after the #1 WROTF and BPAs.  Rice, Brown, Watson, Moore, Toney, rookie.  Better start than last year.  Hopefully, the Chiefs can trade Toney for a cheeseburger and save a few dollars, or make him the punt returner. 

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

KC still has to have another vet WR on their mind.

Would be ideal, but with the need to address the LT position, the Chiefs may wait for the draft.  They are already far ahead of last season with the draft to go.  Kelce, Rice, and Brown take the pressure off each other and Watson, Moore, Gray, and the RB give good alternatives.  With Brown, I think the draft focus comes off Worthy and maybe settles on McConkey, Keon Johnson, or Polk/Legette later.  It all depends on finding an LT.  

17 hours ago, kkuenn said:

What worries me about Brown is his drops. He has had 23 in 5 years. Do we want to spend good money on a faster MVS? Good for 500 to 700 yards per season with one outlier if one 1k season. I mean if the Chiefs think he is it, great. I would not want to spend a ton of money to find out he is another MVS/Toney type though.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/marquise-brown-player-stats?category=receiving&seasonType=reg

Maybe he will win an Oscar.