Free agent talk rumors

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

assuming  Veach wants a FA LT.  That is our infatuation it may not be Reid/Veach's and Morris just may be the guy until proven different.

I'm not seeing one available that makes me want to rush things.. they'll be around for awhile IMO

In Veach we trust.  🙂

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Gallup?

No. Not unless he's coming in for league minimum. We all know he got some guaranteed money from Dallas. If he wants to win a title for a change he can come here and play for a mill. 

52 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think we are in a good spot. If nobody wants to buck up for Sneed, let’s roll with him. Draft options are wide open now for round 1. WR, OT, DT. Whoever falls. I would love OT and WR in the first 2 rounds.

Me to.  Most draft rankings, which are usually wrong, have a lot of suitable WRs in the #30-45 range.  LTs will mostly be gone but it's possible one could fall to #32.  Morgan, Paul, and the guys from BYU and Yale probably won't last until #64.  That's why getting an early second for Sneed is so appealing.  Next best thing is to fill the LT role before the draft and grab the best fitting WR at #32. 

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think we are in a good spot. If nobody wants to buck up for Sneed, let’s roll with him. Draft options are wide open now for round 1. WR, OT, DT. Whoever falls. I would love OT and WR in the first 2 rounds.

He's a lockdown corner. Without him, we wouldn't have won the championship.  I think we will do just fine with him on the team on the tag.

18 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Yep. Wonder what we are going to do at LT. 

Morris seems to be the guy for now and I'm not mad about that he seemed to be decent enough and with a dedicated off season he may really be be solid

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/chiefs-wanya-morris-future-at-left-tackle-roster-plans-2024-nfl-draft/

The Kansas City Chiefs appear to have made a massive discovery that will surely help the team's long-term plans at one of the most important positions in football. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

Morris seems to be the guy for now and I'm not mad about that he seemed to be decent enough and with a dedicated off season he may really be be solid

Why a swing tackle would make sense. If we don't get a starter type in the draft, one who could go from day 1, then I would want a vet LT. If we have to trust Morris and he is not up to par plus our drafted LT needs time......bad combo. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I agree. But I’m not sold on him quite yet. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Learning to be an O-lineman, as you know, is one of the most difficult positions in all of sports.  It is so intricate and subtle.  It takes an O-lineman several years to reach a peak.  I don't know why I'm writing that.  You know it more that I do.  If Wanya has a good brain and is willing to learn, has good ooaches, attitude, and patience, he can be a great tackle.  Not many guys have all those things besides athleticism and size.  A lot of them are very immature. You and I know these guys are kids. When I was 22 or 23, I was smart, but I was still a kid.  If Wanya Morris or any of them can continue to grow up emotionally, they can be great. We talk about drafting and developing players, but much of development has to come from inside them.  That is the great unknown, even to themselves much of the time. Andy is so great because, besides football, he is a father to them, and a good one.

25 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Free agent LT left on market. 
Bakharti wouldn’t mind. Injury concerns though. 

IMG_5330.jpeg

Trent Brown has played both sides.  Maybe having the option of putting Taylor to left side and Brown to RT or Brown to LT and be that swing tackle type?

Just now, oldtimer said:

it's not as if Morris is just some late rnd pick to be poo poo'd away The Chiefs spent a 3rd rnd pick on him and he played for Oklahoma so there is a reason for that

True, but he was a RT primarily at OK? Still we don't see what the coaches see over the season and off season.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

True, but he was a RT primarily at OK? Still we don't see what the coaches see over the season and off season.

I dont remember but LT according to this

https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/wanya-morris-finally-at-oklahoma-impressing-coaches-by-asking-a-lot-of-questions

Morris is widely projected to start at left tackle in his first season with the Sooners — that’s what he did for two years at Tennessee, earning a spot on the Freshman All-SEC Team and the 247 Sports True Freshman All-America Team in 2019, and earning preseason All-SEC accolades in 2020.

scouting report

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10069066-wanya-morris-nfl-draft-2023-scouting-report-for-oklahoma-ot

— Originally committed to and played for Tennessee, starting 19 total games: 17 at left tackle and two as a blocking tight end in the team's jumbo package.

— 27 career starts spread out across left tackle (17), right tackle (eight) and extra tight end (two).

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/chiefs-wanya-morris-future-at-left-tackle-roster-plans-2024-nfl-draft/

The Kansas City Chiefs appear to have made a massive discovery that will surely help the team's long-term plans at one of the most important positions in football. 

That article was written Dec 12.  He got wrecked later that month.   He has potential but I do not think for a second they are trying to three-peat with no other option at LT.   Would be huge if he was the future LT, but I think he needs another year at least to win that job.  Maybe they bring back Donovan back for another run but I don't know about you but I'm tired of all penalties that guy racks up.  

Would you be upset if they moved up in the first to grab a LT like Amarius Mims?  I see the Bengals drafting him in a ton of mocks.  We would have to move up to pick 17.  That would cost us our first, 2nd and probably a 4th and mid round 2025.  Use both of our 3rds to move back into the 2nd for a wr.   Lot of draft capital for 2 guys especially with the way Veach has been drafting lately.   Getting a potential All Pro at LT for a decade might be worth it though.    So many scenarios.  

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Trent Brown has played both sides.  Maybe having the option of putting Taylor to left side and Brown to RT or Brown to LT and be that swing tackle type?

This is an intriguing options.  Hate to screw around with Taylor after last year though, but out of all our realistic options this would be nice.   Brown is a good RT.  Crazy to think we still haven't gotten the tackle situation figured out since Fisher and Schwartz.  

The playoffs went well for the o-Line as they seemed to get it together at the right time.

I think it would be great if we had "options" vs throwing Morris into the job.

That said, the Sneed trade, or lack thereof,  is causing a bit of a timing issue perhaps.

w

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

That article was written Dec 12.  He got wrecked later that month.   He has potential but I do not think for a second they are trying to three-peat with no other option at LT.   Would be huge if he was the future LT, but I think he needs another year at least to win that job.  Maybe they bring back Donovan back for another run but I don't know about you but I'm tired of all penalties that guy racks up.  

Would you be upset if they moved up in the first to grab a LT like Amarius Mims?  I see the Bengals drafting him in a ton of mocks.  We would have to move up to pick 17.  That would cost us our first, 2nd and probably a 4th and mid round 2025.  Use both of our 3rds to move back into the 2nd for a wr.   Lot of draft capital for 2 guys especially with the way Veach has been drafting lately.   Getting a potential All Pro at LT for a decade might be worth it though.    So many scenarios.  

Would I be upset?  I dont know enough about Mims to form an opinion but that sure is a lot of draft capital to move up for a player not a QB. 40 days from now I suppose we'll have our answer