Free agent talk rumors

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

Free agent LT left on market. 
Bakharti wouldn’t mind. Injury concerns though. 

IMG_5330.jpeg

If this is the list I'm picking from, then I'd rather bring Smith back. He's a known quantity and he's spent a year in the offense. 

Everyone else on that list is older and would have to learn how PM expects his LT to work. Bring back Smith and let him duke it out with Morris. 

5 minutes ago, Boone said:

If this is the list I'm picking from, then I'd rather bring Smith back. He's a known quantity and he's spent a year in the offense. 

Everyone else on that list is older and would have to learn how PM expects his LT to work. Bring back Smith and let him duke it out with Morris. 

And the drafted LT

1 hour ago, West said:

The playoffs went well for the o-Line as they seemed to get it together at the right time.

I think it would be great if we had "options" vs throwing Morris into the job.

That said, the Sneed trade, or lack thereof,  is causing a bit of a timing issue perhaps.

w

Donovan Smith didn't play so well in the playoffs.  Well enough so that Mahomes could work his magic, but not well enough to rely on long term.  If all else fails, I suppose the Chiefs could bring him back to compete with Morris for the job.  Right now, the Chiefs most certainly will add to the LT position.  They also need a future IOL to replace Allegretti and maybe take over for when Thuney is gone or T. Smith gets expensive.  Apparently the plan for now is to pick up a LT off the scrap heap like they did Smith last year.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Donovan Smith didn't play so well in the playoffs.  Well enough so that Mahomes could work his magic, but not well enough to rely on long term.  If all else fails, I suppose the Chiefs could bring him back to compete with Morris for the job.  Right now, the Chiefs most certainly will add to the LT position.  They also need a future IOL to replace Allegretti and maybe take over for when Thuney is gone or T. Smith gets expensive.  Apparently the plan for now is to pick up a LT off the scrap heap like they did Smith last year.

Smith is the D. Nnadi of the oline. Bring him back only if you can't find ANYONE. That dude sucked azz.

I really think they're gonna give Morris a real shot at starting. They could move him to the right side and Taylor to the left with a late round draft pick and FA backing up.

Smith just played flat out lazy to me. And his run blocking was completely effortless. 

Go get Trent Brown who can be our flex tackle and a vet until either Morris or drafted LT is ready.

We also would have a 2nd brown on offense. The Brownies.

Trent Brown

Last season, Brown gave up three sacks and seventeen pressures on 579 snaps. Brown had a blocking grade of 80.2 from Pro Football Focus. He can play right or left tackle due to his flexibility.

The Chicago Bears are trading quarterback Justin Fields to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a conditional 2025 sixth-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

The pick can become a fourth rounder in 2025 based on Fields' playtime

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39747346/sources-bears-trading-qb-justin-fields-steelers

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

The Chicago Bears are trading quarterback Justin Fields to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a conditional 2025 sixth-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Saturday.

The pick can become a fourth rounder in 2025 based on Fields' playtime

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39747346/sources-bears-trading-qb-justin-fields-steelers

Wilson and Fields?  Guess the Steelers will be looking for a starting QB in the near future.  

Wow. All that talk after leaving us. We stuck by him, we got a great deal in the trade and he made money. This guy still doesn't learn. Blessing in disguise. He is not a FA but he sure is working his way there with all this shit.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Wow. All that talk after leaving us. We stuck by him, we got a great deal in the trade and he made money. This guy still doesn't learn. Blessing in disguise. He is not a FA but he sure is working his way there with all this shit.

meh BFD it was unlit

Afterwards, he said, "cigar." 

He was not taken into custody after the police learned that the cigar was not lit. He told them it could've been worse. Furthermore, he said, "I love my cigar, but I take it out of her cheek once in a while.