Free agent talk rumors

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sounds like a good plan, but a long-term high quality prospect at LT probably just as wise. We need an experienced jouneyman at backup QB.  I don't have any confidence in Gabbert at all. I'd love to see Nick Foles back. Isn't he a FA? And he knows our system.

Yea Foles is a FA and wasn’t picked up by anybody for the 23 season.   KC signed Gabbert before Foles was released by Indy so I wonder if he was available last year if they would have made the call.  Andy drafted him in Philly and he has already spent time here as a backup.  Wouldn’t be bad option.  

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Yea Foles is a FA and wasn’t picked up by anybody for the 23 season.   KC signed Gabbert before Foles was released by Indy so I wonder if he was available last year if they would have made the call.  Andy drafted him in Philly and he has already spent time here as a backup.  Wouldn’t be bad option.  

He sure played well here when he was called upon.   Very accurate passer.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sounds like a good plan, but a long-term high quality prospect at LT probably just as wise. We need an experienced jouneyman at backup QB.  I don't have any confidence in Gabbert at all. I'd love to see Nick Foles back. Isn't he a FA? And he knows our system.

I'm now on the bandwagon of lumping the Chiefs first round pick this year with a third from next year to get a quality OT in the first round.  Might be able to move up to the 23-27 range where there's only NFC teams drafting.  A lot of things have to go right for that to happen.  There has to e a willing trade partner.  There has to be a prospect that the Chiefs think can be a long term solution at LT and a much better choice than any they could get at #32.  The Chiefs have to agree that LT is the top priority.  But it COULD happen.  Would much prefer Foles, but wonder what he would cost.  Gabbert probably has no place else to go so would come in at minimum.  

59 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Looks like chiefs signed rugby player. 
possible RB/WR and kickoff. 
I like it. 
toughness is not the question.

with these new kick off rules, who knows what Reid is cooking. 

I'm interested in him.  There have been a number of rugby players who have been recruited into the NFL and been successful.  One pic from one angle showed Rees-Zammit to have amazingly strong looking legs. His abductors looked gigantic. He could be really good at RB it would seem, if he has the vision and burst. It would be hard to stop him if he hits the right gap. That video shows potential with his ball handling.

And if he screws up a play, fans could yell, "Dammit, Zammit!"

Seems to be a great athlete, but how likely is it that he can learn NFL level football in one summer?  And it's hard to imagine that Reid would go along with intentionally fumbling the ball, kicking it forward, and picking it up to run for a TD.  🙂

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Seems to be a great athlete, but how likely is it that he can learn NFL level football in one summer?  And it's hard to imagine that Reid would go along with intentionally fumbling the ball, kicking it forward, and picking it up to run for a TD.  🙂

Are kidding me? That is one of Reid's designed plays.  He will save it for the Super Bowl. Then he will spike the ball, and the fans will all yell, "Slam it, Zammit." Reid will name the play, "Woopsie Doopsie Dog."

Wouldn't that be something if he became our next Tyreek Hill?  How about him on kickoff returns under the new rule?  Seems like he can catch the ball well and run very fast with it, with elusiveness.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Wouldn't that be something if he became our next Tyreek Hill?  How about him on kickoff returns under the new rule?  Seems like he can catch the ball well and run very fast with it, with elusiveness.

And doesn't mind the hits too.

I like Clyde and think he wasn’t used right.  He is a good receiving back and when they started using that skill in the latter half of the season, he had success.

Should they have used a 1 on him?  No.  But that wasn’t his fault and  he is a decent compliment to Pop.  

If someone beats him out in camp, then good.  But, nothing wrong with a low risk signing to guard against no one making that step.

Gotta bring in a McKinnon replacement and draft a guy if CEH is coming back. Doesn’t bode well for his future if nobody snagged him but KC. I still place him in the Hardman, DAT, Niemann, Sorenson camp. He is just a dude who will frustrate me no matter how many good plays he may make. You know the bad play is coming.

44 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

CEH on a minimum deal to be a third back isn’t the end of the world, but if this is a single cent over the minimum im gonna lose my mind

So is CEH guaranteed?  He could be cut during TC if the Chiefs find an UDFA or use a late pick on a RB. 

4 hours ago, SEMO said:

I like Clyde and think he wasn’t used right.  He is a good receiving back and when they started using that skill in the latter half of the season, he had success.

Should they have used a 1 on him?  No.  But that wasn’t his fault and  he is a decent compliment to Pop.  

If someone beats him out in camp, then good.  But, nothing wrong with a low risk signing to guard against no one making that step.

I agree with that. I think he WAS misused, because he is worthless getting the ball way behind the LOS and then trying to run past big D linemen  He is lousy in short yardage situations against giant packed fronts. But with a head of steam and a decent gap and on short passes as a receiver he is more than adequate as a second option. Any team needs a RB like that.  The question to me is whether he can really pass block.  I have never  been a fan of his and think we can do fine without him, but we need an experienced backup RB and shouldn't waste a draft pick on one or on a FA of his same caliber but who doesn't know the system.