Free agent talk rumors

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It's possible that the Chiefs are holding off on signing FAs until after May 3 when they won't cancel comp picks.  Not sure how that works, but there's some reason to delay picking up FAs. 

At this point, why not wait until after the draft.  Price will be driven down and we don't need any major positions outside of LT, WR and some depth.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

At this point, why not wait until after the draft.  Price will be driven down and we don't need any major positions outside of LT, WR and some depth.  

Agree, except I wish they would sign Danna.  With Omenihu out, they are thin on DL. .  

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree, except I wish they would sign Danna.  With Omenihu out, they are thin on DL. .  

me as well but no one else has so his value just may not be there, I seen something a few days ago saying they are talking

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

i saw something a week or so ago that said Danna was signing with the Falcons, but nothing since then so i guess he is still out there.

43 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i saw something a week or so ago that said Danna was signing with the Falcons, but nothing since then so i guess he is still out there.

As posted earlier, I think the FA signings will pick up again after they no longer affect the comps which may be around May 3.  Probably lots of deals verbally agreed to but not official until that time. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Fwiw I saw something a week ago that said we were talking to him about signing.  Silly season

There are still plenty of good FA's on the market that could help this team.  None of which are must haves, not even Danna.  Don't get me wrong Danna would be extremely helpful but we can find similar production from a guy like Ogbah, Lawson, Green, Smoot.  Again not dogging Danna but he isn't some game changer.  The longer we wait the better deal we get and there are still options available so we can afford to wait.   This doesn't even count roster cuts and potential trade targets after the draft.  

Niners Wire

these are the teams to keep a close eye on as potential trade partners for San Francisco:

Jacksonville Jaguars

Pittsburgh Steelers

Buffalo Bills

Arizona Cardinals

New England Patriots

9rs are asking for a 1st rnd pick and he'll be an UFA next year.

So inconclusion NOT A CHANCE IN HELL

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Doubtful,but would we if we could?

Nope, too expensive.  Hollywood and maybe some vet on a cheap deal plus draft picks will be about all the Chiefs do this off season for the WR room.  Fans get all excited about a threepeat, but Veach is also responsible for the long term good of the team.

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nope, too expensive.  Hollywood and maybe some vet on a cheap deal plus draft picks will be about all the Chiefs do this off season for the WR room.  Fans get all excited about a threepeat, but Veach is also responsible for the long term good of the team.

Yeah, I think doubtful too as the best possibility. Funny to see all these other teams go all in while Veach continues to do the solid drafting and cap management keeping us a top team.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Niners Wire

these are the teams to keep a close eye on as potential trade partners for San Francisco:

Jacksonville Jaguars

Pittsburgh Steelers

Buffalo Bills

Arizona Cardinals

New England Patriots

9rs are asking for a 1st rnd pick and he'll be an UFA next year.

So inconclusion NOT A CHANCE IN HELL

I think buffalo makes the most sense.  They have the need, and he has one year left, so they can sweat out all that dead cap this year.  I don’t think he’ll get a first tho.  

11 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I think buffalo makes the most sense.  They have the need, and he has one year left, so they can sweat out all that dead cap this year.  I don’t think he’ll get a first tho.  

Right price and he would be a Chief. 9ers probably only want him gone out of the NFC. Notice the only team in the list is Arizona and they know that they are a mess. Even a divisional rival and they still don't care because they know AZ has some good picks.

I keep going back to the fact that we had a limit to what we were going to pay Tyreek Hill.   I can't see us paying anyone other than maybe JJ that kind of money especially considering we would have to cough up a first round pick.  Cost controlled draft picks are the life blood of this window we are currently in.  When you think of it like that trading a first and 20 plus million for a player like Aiyuk who is very good but not even remotely elite is bad business.   

There will be a solid vet for cheap that will elevate the wr room not counting who we draft.  Our O will be considerably better than last year.

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

No way the Bills take on another big contract.  They spent the whole off season shedding contracts.  Why go back for another bite of the apple only to have to release more starters again next year?  

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Everything that Veach is doing is made possible by the fact that Mahomes is our QB.

Mahomes isn't cheap.  Veach has made the dynasty possible because he was willing to let Hill go and draft well.  The Bill are an example of the opposite route.  To win with QBs on rookie contracts is easier as shone by Purdy and Stroud along with Burrow a couple of years ago.  The trick is to pay top dollar for an elite QB and still win over a six year period with no end in sight.  Mahomes makes the SB wins possible, but Veach makes keeping a team around him at a winning level.  

The Chiefs knew that Mahomes was potentially the best, so they moved up 17 spots to get him.  It shows that,when it comes to QB's, paying a dear price is worth every penny.  Reid was absoultely right to have started Alex Smith and let Mahomes learn the NFL game for a year. In part, I think that has contributed to Mahomes' success rather than just throwing him out there.  Plus, Smith is a great teacher. The Reid-Smith duo is responsible for this much dominance, but most here were screaming bloody murder about it,  Patrick got to learn in two offseasons and every practice session. Even then, they had trouble with him as a gunslinger.  It was nearly impossible to get him out of shotgun for three or four years. He is so much better now.

Props to Veach and Nagy on Mahomes.

Nagy was "sold" on Patrick by Veach and made sure Mahomes passed the Andy Reid examination.

That said, Jet is spot on.  It takes much effort and forward thinking to maintain excellence in the NFL.

1 hour ago, West said:

Props to Veach and Nagy on Mahomes.

Nagy was "sold" on Patrick by Veach and made sure Mahomes passed the Andy Reid examination.

That said, Jet is spot on.  It takes much effort and forward thinking to maintain excellence in the NFL.

Nagy was wanting Trubisky lol. Glad they didn't listen to that bs.

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

No way the Bills take on another big contract.  They spent the whole off season shedding contracts.  Why go back for another bite of the apple only to have to release more starters again next year?  

The contract wouldn’t be big until after this upcoming season, where they are shedding a bunch of dead money.  This year is transition for them. 

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Nagy was wanting Trubisky lol. Glad they didn't listen to that bs.

Who knows what might have happened if Trubisky had Reid for a head coach.  Not saying he was another elite QB, but the situation has a lot to do with who makes it and who doesn't.  

According to Mahomes, Nagy provided Patrick with the plays Coach Reid was going to quiz him on.

Patrick spent the evening before meeting with Coach Reid preparing.

Mahomes aced the "Reid Test" the next day and Andy gave Veach his endorsement to move up and get Mahomes.

w