Free agent talk rumors

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Nazeeh was contending for a starting CB spot before tearing his ACL last fall.  It will be interesting to see if he can replace Williams or Watson.  Also want to see what Nic Jones can do this year.  There's a reason the Chiefs decided to save cap space at the DB position.  

34 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nazeeh was contending for a starting CB spot before tearing his ACL last fall.  It will be interesting to see if he can replace Williams or Watson.  Also want to see what Nic Jones can do this year.  There's a reason the Chiefs decided to save cap space at the DB position.  

High hopes for Nazeeh.

Lest we forget, Veach drafted 5 DBs in one draft and appears to have hit on all of them.  That's insane.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

No doubt! I hope both of these kids make the 53. Cook back and Conner. 

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I keep seeing Tyler Boyd to the Chiefs rumors.

last year he made $10.7M  he wont be playing for less altho Sports trac says his value is in the  $8.5-9 M range. Just my hunch but  we'll not be seeing any more FA signings until the Draft is over. No Wr's dropping to the Chiefs MIGHT  induce them to pony up  a $10-$12 M salary for TB...maybe if they could figure away to afford him

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

last year he made $10.7M  he wont be playing for less altho Sports trac says his value is in the  $8.5-9 M range. Just my hunch but  we'll not be seeing any more FA signings until the Draft is over. No Wr's dropping to the Chiefs MIGHT  induce them to pony up  a $10-$12 M salary for TB...maybe if they could figure away to afford him

You're right.  Probably no more FA signings until after the draft and after the comp period.  But I'm confident that there's plenty of WRs that will be available to the Chiefs in the draft, both at #32 and #64 plus some good ones later.  After the draft, the Chiefs can address another vet WR and LT.  

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

There will be a TE in there someplace.

Maybe day three.  Who going to replace Noah, Travis, or Irv this season?  Noah Johnson is interesting, but apparently he's labeled as not a great pass catcher in spite of the RAS and size.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Maybe day three.  Who going to replace Noah, Travis, or Irv this season?  Noah Johnson is interesting, but apparently he's labeled as not a great pass catcher in spite of the RAS and size.

How many Noah's can we have at tight end.? The TE rooom would be named "Noah's Arc."

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How many Noah's can we have at tight end.? The TE rooom would be named "Noah's Arc."

Actually, I had a brain cramp (again).  It's Theo Johnson, not Noah, but glad to give you the opportunity to flash your wit. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Actually, I had a brain cramp (again).  It's Theo Johnson, not Noah, but glad to give you the opportunity to flash your wit. 

Damn.  I was hoping for two Noah's.  You need to learn to keep your Noah's out of Theo's Johnson.

CEH numbers

According to the folks at Over The Cap, the 25-year-old running back received a one-year deal with a total value of $1.7 million in 2024. $1.325 million of the contract is fully guaranteed at signing. He’ll get a $200K prorated signing bonus, a $100K workout bonus, and $275K in per-game roster bonuses. During the 2024 NFL season, he’ll count just $1.667M against the salary cap. 

6 hours ago, xen said:

A little under 5.5m

Yikes. Not even sure I'm glad we resigned him for around the vet minimum but he is loved in the lockerroom and as a backup has a place.  Overall, just a horrible draft pick positional value wise.  Understood it at the time a little but just never panned out like they hoped and hopefully a lesson that Veach never repeats (I don't think he ever will).  

On 4/10/2024 at 11:45 PM, kkuenn said:

I thought at first we would use the free PS on him while he learned the game, but he will make the 53. Life long NFL fan so he knows the game. He seems super  sharp and he was disappointed at the 4.43 40 time. 😂 I think he sees a lot of snaps all be it mostly ST. If he can learn to block he good slide into Jets spot. 
I would love to see Prince step up again in camp. Pacheco, Prince, CEH, Zammit is a pretty exciting group to me. 

48 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I thought at first we would use the free PS on him while he learned the game, but he will make the 53. Life long NFL fan so he knows the game. He seems super  sharp and he was disappointed at the 4.43 40 time. 😂 I think he sees a lot of snaps all be it mostly ST. If he can learn to block he good slide into Jets spot. 
I would love to see Prince step up again in camp. Pacheco, Prince, CEH, Zammit is a pretty exciting group to me. 

It would be very surprising if Zammit makes the team.  The learning curve from never playing to the NFL is pretty steep.  Expect him to use his free spot on the PS and we'll see if his physical gifts allow him to learn the game at the highest level in the future.  Don't the Chiefs have another player in the same situation from last season as a PS or backup on the O-line?  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It would be very surprising if Zammit makes the team.  The learning curve from never playing to the NFL is pretty steep.  Expect him to use his free spot on the PS and we'll see if his physical gifts allow him to learn the game at the highest level in the future.  Don't the Chiefs have another player in the same situation from last season as a PS or backup on the O-line?  

All up to him now. You may be right. I thought Prince make the 53 last year and was wrong. 

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

All up to him now. You may be right. I thought Prince make the 53 last year and was wrong. 

I will add it’s a 3 year deal so I wonder if there was interest from others that might make PS difficult.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I will add it’s a 3 year deal so I wonder if there was interest from others that might make PS difficult.

Could be wrong, but I think the special treatment for players under his deal are not subject to poaching off the PS.