All in Mock Offseason

Lamardirts

Resign Chris Jones 3/90 with 60 million guaranteed.   Pay him a 30m signing bonus and get his cap to 20 million this year, 30 and then 40 the final year with 10 million dead cap.

Resign Sneed 4/75 with 40 guaranteed.  (10,17.5,20,27.5)

Restructure Mahomes, restructure Reid, cut MVS.

Resign Drue Tranquill to a 2/10.

Resign Nick Allegretti 2/6m.

Antonio Gibson RB - 2/7 

Calais Campbell 1/3m

Donovan Smith 1/3m

Tyler Lockett 1/10

Mekhi Becton - 1/3m

Ogbah 1/4m

Draft

1. Byron Murphy II - DT Texas

2.  Ja'Tavion Sanders - TE Texas

3.  Jermaine Burton Wr Alabama

4.  LB/IOL/RB

5.  LB/IOL/RB

Mahomes, ?

Pacheco, Gibson, Rookie

Kelce, Sanders, Gray, Bell

Rice, Lockett, Burton, Moore, Watson,

(Toney, Remigio, Ross) fighting for last spot.

Smith, Thuney, Creed, Smith, Taylor (Morris, Allegretti, Becton, Caliendo/Rookie)

FAU, Jones, Murphy, Karlaftis

(Ogbah, Campbell, Buggs, Herring, Thompson)  IR Omenihu

Tranquill, Bolton, Chenal, Jones, Cochrane/Rookie

Mcduffie, Sneed, Williams, Watson, Johnson

Reid, Cook, Connor, Rookie

Winchester, Butker, Araiza

How far you trading up for Murphy and Sanders.  Slim pickings at the top of those 2 position groups so I'd expect both to go higher than our picks in rds 1 and 2.

Maybe go elsewhere than DT though if you're resigning CJ for 3 years.  OT and WR extremely deep in this draft, I hope we lean into that.

1 hour ago, xen said:

How far you trading up for Murphy and Sanders.  Slim pickings at the top of those 2 position groups so I'd expect both to go higher than our picks in rds 1 and 2.

Maybe go elsewhere than DT though if you're resigning CJ for 3 years.  OT and WR extremely deep in this draft, I hope we lean into that.

The mock draft simulators haven’t caught up to perception.  I agree those guys won’t be there more than likely but this draft is odd with so many WRs and potentially a few late rising qbs.  It’s possible a valuable player drops.  From what I’m seeing at OT in that range is a bunch of projects.  Paul is gonna be 24 soon which is old.  Kingsley S is an option with upside but do we use a high pick for a project while trying to three peat.  Don’t love LT being manned by Morris or a Rookie LT unless Heck feels good about it.

I also love the top end wrs but where we draft is full of talented but raw guys and Rice has too many thinking that we can do that every year.  It took an historic and utter meltdown at that position to get him lots of reps.  Have to assume that will get rectified and we won’t see as many reps for the new guy.  Super interested to see what Veach will do.

I wonder if he won’t tag and trade Sneed to sell high.   Should be a fun off-season.  

I'm with Xen.  First two picks should be OT and WR.  There's depth at both positions and with Jones back, DT isn't such a priority.  Never figured out thy Buggs wasn't activated late last season.  The Chiefs could trade down and maybe still get Worthy or Franklin for WR and even the eighth or ninth OT is projected starter quality for the future.  Release Bell.  Fortson is probably a lost cause, but this isn't the year to get a TE in the draft before day three.  Might keep Bush around if Edwards is too expensive.  The guy makes plays when he's in as a backup.  Would the savings from releasing MVS pay for Tranquill and Danna?

Don't get me wrong I like Murphy just think him and Newton will go higher.  Also neither has the length Spags prefers. The top 2 tight ends as well are much smaller than you normally see in the top guys.  Both are terrific players though.  I do keep seeing Bowers go at 5 to the Chargers which is ridiculous.

I do still think Darius Robinson will be on Veach's radar at 32.  That's said if he blows up the combine he may be gone too but he's much more a Spags type of lineman.  Long, versatile, pass rush and run stopping, lots of experience inside and outside.  Reminds me a lot of Omenihu.

There's a ton of guys that should have first round grades this year, as opposed to last year so will be interesting.

52 minutes ago, xen said:

Don't get me wrong I like Murphy just think him and Newton will go higher.  Also neither has the length Spags prefers. The top 2 tight ends as well are much smaller than you normally see in the top guys.  Both are terrific players though.  I do keep seeing Bowers go at 5 to the Chargers which is ridiculous.

I do still think Darius Robinson will be on Veach's radar at 32.  That's said if he blows up the combine he may be gone too but he's much more a Spags type of lineman.  Long, versatile, pass rush and run stopping, lots of experience inside and outside.  Reminds me a lot of Omenihu.

There's a ton of guys that should have first round grades this year, as opposed to last year so will be interesting.

A lot of QB, WR and T positions that some will go for letting talent drop down too.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Robinson was discussed on RGR yesterday and both Ryan and Dan Harms didn't think he was worth first round grades.  Too stiff to corner around pro OTs and strictly a 3 gap rusher IIRC.  Doubt they know anything that's not obvious, but it raised question about Robinson to me. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Robinson was discussed on RGR yesterday and both Ryan and Dan Harms didn't think he was worth first round grades.  Too stiff to corner around pro OTs and strictly a 3 gap rusher IIRC.  Doubt they know anything that's not obvious, but it raised question about Robinson to me. 

He was a 3 tech until they asked him to move to DE this year and that was cause they really needed it.  They still moved him up and down the line and he really started to put it together.  Yeah he's never going to be a bender but if there's anything we should have learned by now it's that Spags loves long, versatile power rushers.  He got 8.5 sacks doing that in the SEC.  He was straight up clowning guys in the senior bowl practices as well.  I'd put him as a 1-2 guy.  Late first to mid 2nd.  He won't be for everyone is why I think he may drop.  Same reason why a great prospect like Newton may drop.  He's not for everyone and teams that value length won't prioritize Newton.

1 hour ago, xen said:

He was a 3 tech until they asked him to move to DE this year and that was cause they really needed it.  They still moved him up and down the line and he really started to put it together.  Yeah he's never going to be a bender but if there's anything we should have learned by now it's that Spags loves long, versatile power rushers.  He got 8.5 sacks doing that in the SEC.  He was straight up clowning guys in the senior bowl practices as well.  I'd put him as a 1-2 guy.  Late first to mid 2nd.  He won't be for everyone is why I think he may drop.  Same reason why a great prospect like Newton may drop.  He's not for everyone and teams that value length won't prioritize Newton.

We heard Big George wasn't a bender too,  I believe? If we like him and he is there, Chiefs won't care what others say.

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

We heard Big George wasn't a bender too,  I believe? If we like him and he is there, Chiefs won't care what others say.

I thought about Karlaftis as well.  Wonder how much of his success comes from Jones on the same line and the top notch O-line coaching.  Didn't Tamba work extensively with him?   Might help with Robinson as well but after two years of Edge in the first round, I think the Chiefs go a different direction.  

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

just saw a Touchdown Wire mock  of the Chiefs taking McConkey at 32 and a OT from Houston at 64

That OT, Patrick Paul, is a good pass blocking guy. He may have trouble setting feet in speed rushers though as stated in his weaknesses.

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

This mock has Paul going in the 1st to us. If he is there, who knows but with his combine and such I can't see him lasting to end of 2nd round. Maybe that Sneed trade, if it happens,  gets us a higher 2nd rounder too though.

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/chiefs-7-round-2024-mock-draft-after-nfl-scouting-combine/

There's no way Paul is a #32 pick.  There's plenty of second tier OTs ahead of him.  Maybe if the Chiefs traded down far enough, they would grab him but it's also possible he could last to #64.  

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

That OT, Patrick Paul, is a good pass blocking guy. He may have trouble setting feet in speed rushers though as stated in his weaknesses.

I think he is 24 too, which is pretty old for rookies.  Now that Tyron Smith is available I'd rather go after him for a stop gap and give Morris one more year to see what we have.