2024 Combine

Thought it might be worth a thread to concentrate news coming out of Indy these next few days.

As a starter, the Chiefs have reportedly interviewed:  TE, Theo Johnson, Penn State;  DL, Darius Robinson, Mizzou; TE, Sanders, TX          Johnson is a big dude that can move but hasn't racked up much yardage.  Sanders is probably the #2 TE in the draft.  Robinson has climbed most boards based on his Senior Bowl and can move all over the DL.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Thought it might be worth a thread to concentrate news coming out of Indy these next few days.

As a starter, the Chiefs have reportedly interviewed:  TE, Theo Johnson, Penn State;  DL, Darius Robinson, Mizzou; TE, Sanders, TX          Johnson is a big dude that can move but hasn't racked up much yardage.  Sanders is probably the #2 TE in the draft.  Robinson has climbed most boards based on his Senior Bowl and can move all over the DL.

Darius Robinson has interviewed with 18 teams.  Lots of interest.  Told y'all in the draft forum he's a Spags lineman even though OT called me a homer.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Darius Robinson has interviewed with 18 teams.  Lots of interest.  Told y'all in the draft forum he's a Spags lineman even though OT called me a homer.

He definitely checks all the boxes.  Wouldn't mind drafting a DL with our first to pair with CJ (I have faith a deal will get done).  Robinson would get a lot of snaps with Omenihu out.  I know we have other needs more important but the more interior versitile pass rush the better.

52 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He definitely checks all the boxes.  Wouldn't mind drafting a DL with our first to pair with CJ (I have faith a deal will get done).  Robinson would get a lot of snaps with Omenihu out.  I know we have other needs more important but the more interior versitile pass rush the better.

If the Chiefs pull in a FA WR and get a second or early third for Sneed, then getting a top DL would make sense.  They'd still need a drafted OT and WR, but the priorities would change.  

I would love a solid DT pick in rounds 1-3. To pair up a young stud with Jones, like the Rams did this last year with Donald, would instantly create a #1 overall Defense. Teams would be lucky to score 2 TDs with that kind of pressure constantly coming up the middle. 

His RAS score is insane and that is with a 2.45 in weight dragging it down.  RGR said he wasn't fluid and was just a bull rusher but I don't always know if RGR knows what they are talking about at times.  Would love to pair him with Jones for a couple years and with his clone out until mid season would be amazing to see that NASCAR package in the playoffs  Omenihu, Robinson, Jones, Karlaftis 😳

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

His RAS score is insane and that is with a 2.45 in weight dragging it down.  RGR said he wasn't fluid and was just a bull rusher but I don't always know if RGR knows what they are talking about at times.  Would love to pair him with Jones for a couple years and with his clone out until mid season would be amazing to see that NASCAR package in the playoffs  Omenihu, Robinson, Jones, Karlaftis 😳

agreed

30 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He flourished on the edge this year so no idea what they're saying.  He's a lot like Omenihu.

I had my eye on Fiske from FSU for a while, thinking he might last into the third round.  Yesterday, he blew up the combine and will probably be out of reach even in the second.  There's still a pretty good selection of DL but think the Chiefs have to take care of OT and WR first if available. 

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I had my eye on Fiske from FSU for a while, thinking he might last into the third round.  Yesterday, he blew up the combine and will probably be out of reach even in the second.  There's still a pretty good selection of DL but think the Chiefs have to take care of OT and WR first if available. 

Chiefs have Neil Farrell under contract for this upcoming year.  That is the only primary DT currently under contract.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Chiefs have Neil Farrell under contract for this upcoming year.  That is the only primary DT currently under contract.

Farrell played ok in limited snaps in the SB.  Don't know why the Chiefs didn't use him more.  I'm assuming they sign Jones and Wharton.  Buggs should replace Nnadi.  Not sure who else they might come up with but the hole at LT is gaping.  Anyway, it's all speculation until after FA.  Every time I play with a draft simulator it brings up the fact that we don't know the needs yet. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Farrell played ok in limited snaps in the SB.  Don't know why the Chiefs didn't use him more.  I'm assuming they sign Jones and Wharton.  Buggs should replace Nnadi.  Not sure who else they might come up with but the hole at LT is gaping.  Anyway, it's all speculation until after FA.  Every time I play with a draft simulator it brings up the fact that we don't know the needs yet. 

it's not wrong

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I used to watch Ryan and Dan pretty religiously.  Not much anymore.  

Seth is the only one on his channel that I never miss.  He is a rock star.  His written stuff is great.  6 bucks a year now, I think.  

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Seth is the only one on his channel that I never miss.  He is a rock star.  His written stuff is great.  6 bucks a year now, I think.  

12.  Still a bargain though.

Theo Johnson, one of the TEs that KC interviewed, flashed on the field at the combine.  One has to wonder why he wasn't more productive in college.  Was it the system or does he run poor routes or have stone hands?

6-8, 259#, 9.99 RAS at the combine.

15 hours ago, SEMO said:

To me Chris is the worst, not sure why Ryan has him on.   I listen to pass the time during the week, but they talk like they are legit evaluators but some of their takes I have serious doubts about.  

Seth, Josh and Nate have such good chemistry.  The KCSN guys (Kent, Craig, and Matt) and Arrowhead Addict guys are the other ones I enjoy listening to as well.