Ownership and staff grades… ummm

Tried to embed it but it wouldn’t … you guys take a look. This may be why we don’t get guys on the cheap at times… if this is true, Clark needs to wake up. Training staff stuff doesn’t make sense either… I thought they all love Rick b and staff 

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-report-cards-despite-another-super-bowl-win-chiefs-again-ranked-among-worst-workplaces-by-players-171710739.html

FL report cards: Despite another Super Bowl win, Chiefs again ranked among worst workplaces by players

• The Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs were ranked 31st overall (after 29th last year) in a compilation of the weighted categories. The Chiefs scored a D+ or lower in a stunning seven aspects, including treatment of families (D+); Training Room and Team Travel (both Ds); Nutritionist/Dietician, Locker Room and Training Staff (all Fs); and a league-worst score in ownership (F-). The ownership score was based on a commitment to invest in facilities. According to the NFLPA, players criticized owner Clark Hunt for a failure to renovate the team’s locker room following the 2022 Super Bowl winning season

• The top five tranche of overall scores went to (in order of score) the Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles and Jacksonville Jaguars. The bottom five tranche, ranked from 28th to 32nd overall, were the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Chiefs and Washington Commanders

• While Andy Reid was ranked the top coach in his job performance category with an A+, former Las Vegas Raiders coach Josh McDaniels finished at the bottom of the league, ranked 32nd and with a score of F-

• The biggest jump in the rankings went to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who were infamously outed in last year’s survey as having a rat infestation in their previous practice facility. That rat problem played a part to tanking the Jaguars overall grade to 28th during the 2022 season. With a new practice facility opened and multiple other categories improving, the Jaguars soared up the overall rankings to 5th in the 2023 season

• One franchise that did not see any marked overall improvement despite new ownership in 2023? The Washington Commanders, who once again finished 32nd overall in the rankings and had a league-worst F- in three different categories, including locker room, training room and treatment of families

• Interestingly, the Arizona Cardinals did see a small bump in the rankings in what appeared to be a direct response to the NFPLA’s report card one year ago. During this year’s survey, players noted that the team began offering day care and a small family room, and halted their practice of charging players for dinner during the week. That earned Arizona a modest bump from 31st overall in the rankings to 27th

• Two interesting financial nuggets that stood out, given that they are tied to billion-dollar franchises: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who finished 24th overall, charged non-starting players with less than four years of experience a fee of $1,750 if they wanted to opt out of having a roommate in their hotel room prior to games. And the Chargers offered a discount on gameday daycare services: $75 for the first child and $50 for each additional child

One could infer that a lot of the problems stem from playing at an old facility like Arrowhead. Yet the Packers who play at Lambeau (opened in 1957) ranked third overall. It's a bad reflection on Chiefs' ownership... Yet since they're winning Super Bowls there is no urgency for change.

I think it is a bit too soon to put much weight into this.....Chiefs seem to be able to "overcome" these horrible scores so my guess is that the weighting of these scores must be much lower than:

1. Great HC

2. Great Assistant Coaches

3.Chance for a Ring

4.Playing on front of a Full House full of Crazy Devoted Fans

5. Great town to raise a family

w

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Y'all have seen pictures of the locker room.  Bitching that the locker room wasn't renovated... really?  This survey means jack shit imo.   

Oh no we don't have stools but instead have chairs. FFS I just wanted a roof over my head, a flushing toilet or a shower in some of the places I was at. Stupid fucking survey.

So some teams rank lower because they don't give free daycare to their millionaire players?  Wonder how many had parents that struggled to put a meal on the table, never mind free baby sitting.  It shows that no matter how good people have it, they'll always complain about not having more. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Y'all have seen pictures of the locker room.  Bitching that the locker room wasn't renovated... really?  This survey means jack shit imo.   

I think they are referring to the practice facility where they spend a majority of their time and were promised a renovation only to be told they played too long into offseason last year to get one.   

This team is on an all time heater and the owner can't make good on a promise to reward the team as a whole?   That isn't a good look.   It's been rumored he is a cheap owner, in that he doesn't utilize or infuse cash to help with cap issues but rather keeps the team on a strict cash budget.  I'm not here to say that isn't a good practice but when the team you field has raised the net worth of your franchise by 100's of millions if not a billion over the last couple years then you ask for the community to pay 500million of an 800 million renovation or you would be willing to move across state lines.......then the perception of being cheap starts to stick.   

Its a black eye on him as the owner, on his family, and this organization.   Doesn't help right before FA either.  All those things listed listed could be fixed for little to nothing in comparison to the profit he has made these last couple years.   I don't put a lot into these reports but being 2nd to last is not nothing either.  Hire more staff for Burkholder, make that practice facility look like a 5 star hotel, and take care of your team's families.  

The players gave him an F- on the owners willingness to invest in team facilities.  lol

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So some teams rank lower because they don't give free daycare to their millionaire players?  Wonder how many had parents that struggled to put a meal on the table, never mind free baby sitting.  It shows that no matter how good people have it, they'll always complain about not having more. 

You do know they're competing against other teams for players, not vs regular businesses right?  But also these are athletes.  You should want them to have good training and recovery facilities as that's what allows them to perform at their best.  Clark and his family won't be destitute if they build some nice facilities I assure you.

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-childr

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think they are referring to the practice facility where they spend a majority of their time and were promised a renovation only to be told they played too long into offseason last year to get one.   

This team is on an all time heater and the owner can't make good on a promise to reward the team as a whole?   That isn't a good look.   It's been rumored he is a cheap owner, in that he doesn't utilize or infuse cash to help with cap issues but rather keeps the team on a strict cash budget.  I'm not here to say that isn't a good practice but when the team you field has raised the net worth of your franchise by 100's of millions if not a billion over the last couple years then you ask for the community to pay 500million of an 800 million renovation or you would be willing to move across state lines.......then the perception of being cheap starts to stick.   

Its a black eye on him as the owner, on his family, and this organization.   Doesn't help right before FA either.  All those things listed listed could be fixed for little to nothing in comparison to the profit he has made these last couple years.   I don't put a lot into these reports but being 2nd to last is not nothing either.  Hire more staff for Burkholder, make that practice facility look like a 5 star hotel, and take care of your team's families.  

The players gave him an F- on the owners willingness to invest in team facilities.  lol

Well I would wait too. Once they get a long term decision done, then invest. If they know they will be there for long haul they need to do it. If he does build new or moves then why waste the money?  Some things though could be done on the cheap by now too.

50 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The valuation of the franchise does him no good if he's not selling it.  The increasing valuation just means he's paying more taxes.  I'd rather have a smart fiscally sound businessman as the owner than a big spender that puts us in a hole, or a Jerry Jones who has his nose in everything.  

I do get what you're saying, but without attaching names to grades, I give it a big meh.  Anonymous bitching is pointless.  If Clark was really so cheap, he wouldn't have been able to lure Andy here.  He also wouldn't be on the verge of having him be the highest paid coach in the game.  The perception that Hunt is cheap is overblown. 

I have wondered if some of these ratings are from guys who went to big schools in the Power 5 that dump millions into locker rooms, training staff, weight rooms, etc in an effort to lure recruits and its just not "up to their standards"?  We've all seen pictures/videos of what Oregon, Georgia, Alabama, etc and honestly most of what those schools have is probably  better than most NFL teams.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well I would wait too. Once they get a long term decision done, then invest. If they know they will be there for long haul they need to do it. If he does build new or moves then why waste the money?  Some things though could be done on the cheap by now too.

If you gave your word as a billionaire owner then completing late into the season to pad your pocketbooks shouldn’t be an excuse to not make good on your word.  A few million to him is like a couple thousand to use.  If you were a boss and your employees earned you 100,000 profit you could easily spend 3-5 grand to make their life better.  That is literally the comparison money wise.  He needs to stop being cheap.  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  We won’t witness this again ever.  

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

The valuation of the franchise does him no good if he's not selling it.  The increasing valuation just means he's paying more taxes.  I'd rather have a smart fiscally sound businessman as the owner than a big spender that puts us in a hole, or a Jerry Jones who has his nose in everything.  

I do get what you're saying, but without attaching names to grades, I give it a big meh.  Anonymous bitching is pointless.  If Clark was really so cheap, he wouldn't have been able to lure Andy here.  He also wouldn't be on the verge of having him be the highest paid coach in the game.  The perception that Hunt is cheap is overblown. 

The players gave the owner an f- on willingness to improve the facility.   It doesn’t take many As and Bs to bring that up to a D.  It says across the board the players think he is cheap.  

Also being a good businessman doesn’t exclude him from infusing extra cash into a business that has exploded in profits over the last couple years.  You can literally be both a good owner and spend more as the team succeeds. What the owner makes for long playoff runs vs what little the players earn he should have made good on his word to upgrade that facility.  You are right that some of the other grades are pointless but that one in particular looks terrible for this team and should embarrass the heck out of Clark.   This is further shown in his desire to make the commmunity foot 500 out of an 800 million dollar reno.  
Its a great org and he is a good owner but he is cheap! 

The players' issue with quality of care is mostly centered around the training room. The players feel that the training room is significantly understaffed, with only 43% of the team responding that they get an adequate amount of one-on-one treatment time. Players feel that the staff is unwilling to provide the necessary treatment to support recovery and performance; for example, players are not allowed to get preventative treatment (soft tissue work, other care) for soreness and day-to-day issues, a regular offering across the NFL.

Listening to the radio all day, sounds like Clark made a bunch of promises last year and didn’t deliver. Like fresh locker rooms etc. 

used the not enough time to do it excuse because of winning the bowl. 

take it for what it’s worth.

none of this matters too much until you start losing 

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

They are bitching because he did not make good on his promises … according to the talking heads. 

Is it possible our guys have had to spend so much more time than other teams in the facilities due to 6 years of AFC championship games or more that they exaggerate the blandness? The dudes whose season ends in December every year get two months more vacation.

Honestly I don’t know some of this stuff but has Clark himself or a  rep of the Chiefs came out and said why they haven’t made good on those promises. 

ultimately this means very little but would like to know what questions were asked and what grading scale was used to define those answers.   Did find it funny that TB is charging a fee to opt out of having a roommate and probably close to triple what it costs to put a player up in a single room.  

12 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

I have wondered if some of these ratings are from guys who went to big schools in the Power 5 that dump millions into locker rooms, training staff, weight rooms, etc in an effort to lure recruits and its just not "up to their standards"?  We've all seen pictures/videos of what Oregon, Georgia, Alabama, etc and honestly most of what those schools have is probably  better than most NFL teams.

^^^^^ this