Ownership and staff grades… ummm

So which players are voting in these polls? Is it just Chief players or the entire NFL? If it's just Chiefs players, then I can see cause for concern. But if it's the entire NFL, who cares? Do you think Vegas, Denver, or LA players are going to give KC good grades? Yeah, me neither. 

On 2/28/2024 at 10:54 PM, Lamardirts said:

I think they are referring to the practice facility where they spend a majority of their time and were promised a renovation only to be told they played too long into offseason last year to get one.   

This team is on an all time heater and the owner can't make good on a promise to reward the team as a whole?   That isn't a good look.   It's been rumored he is a cheap owner, in that he doesn't utilize or infuse cash to help with cap issues but rather keeps the team on a strict cash budget.  I'm not here to say that isn't a good practice but when the team you field has raised the net worth of your franchise by 100's of millions if not a billion over the last couple years then you ask for the community to pay 500million of an 800 million renovation or you would be willing to move across state lines.......then the perception of being cheap starts to stick.   

Its a black eye on him as the owner, on his family, and this organization.   Doesn't help right before FA either.  All those things listed listed could be fixed for little to nothing in comparison to the profit he has made these last couple years.   I don't put a lot into these reports but being 2nd to last is not nothing either.  Hire more staff for Burkholder, make that practice facility look like a 5 star hotel, and take care of your team's families.  

The players gave him an F- on the owners willingness to invest in team facilities.  lol

THis is garbage therres a  cap on the amount of money you can spend,, as well as a salary cap... kc's been rright at the edge of this.. pretty much every year of his ownership. they have less than 2 months before people will be using the practice facility full time again. its hard to do a full  renovation in that time, i can see there point..  I can also see the players point.. they need to go have there stuff offsite, so they can do major work to the practice facilities.. and 500 million to keep the chiefs around is cheap.. really cheap. 

54 minutes ago, robgar said:

THis is garbage therres a  cap on the amount of money you can spend,, as well as a salary cap... kc's been rright at the edge of this.. pretty much every year of his ownership. they have less than 2 months before people will be using the practice facility full time again. its hard to do a full  renovation in that time, i can see there point..  I can also see the players point.. they need to go have there stuff offsite, so they can do major work to the practice facilities.. and 500 million to keep the chiefs around is cheap.. really cheap. 

Jags just spent 125 million on new practice facilities.  It can be done.

The Poll was established by the NFL Players Association and this is year two of polling.  I think >80% of the players submitted anonymous ratings this year, up substantially from last year.   In other words, the poll is not going away.

I think the ratings around dietician, trainers and facilities are being very poorly managed by Hunt.  Bringing on 2-3 dieticians could add maybe $100K to annual costs.  Getting better trainers should be a piece of cake as everyone wants to be part of the Chiefs' family.  The facilities are a capital investment that basically burns cash in the short term but can be depreciated over 15-20 years.  Smart business owners can use naming rights and advertising to bring a $100 mil facility down to $50mil of actual costs pretty easy.

Hunt is shortsighted or listening to the wrong advisors.

I am a bit biased as Mark Donovan kinda gives me the creeps every time he is up on the stage.....

w

38 minutes ago, West said:

The Poll was established by the NFL Players Association and this is year two of polling.  I think >80% of the players submitted anonymous ratings this year, up substantially from last year.   In other words, the poll is not going away.

I think the ratings around dietician, trainers and facilities are being very poorly managed by Hunt.  Bringing on 2-3 dieticians could add maybe $100K to annual costs.  Getting better trainers should be a piece of cake as everyone wants to be part of the Chiefs' family.  The facilities are a capital investment that basically burns cash in the short term but can be depreciated over 15-20 years.  Smart business owners can use naming rights and advertising to bring a $100 mil facility down to $50mil of actual costs pretty easy.

Hunt is shortsighted or listening to the wrong advisors.

I am a bit biased as Mark Donovan kinda gives me the creeps every time he is up on the stage.....

w

kinda like Jack Steadman did?

On 3/1/2024 at 12:44 AM, xen said:

Jags just spent 125 million on new practice facilities.  It can be done.

the jags had 2 more months to work with... .. thats the point here. 

Mitchell Schwartz had a nice response to this in the Star today.

He basically said that this is used by the NFLPA to "shame owners" into improving conditions for players.

He stated FA's rank the following as their top priorities to sign with a new team:

1. Money

2. Money

3. Winning Culture (Coaches...)