It’s total bullshit and shows how shitty the jets are as an organization. I’m no Hardman fan, but if he really was sharing game plans there’s no freaking way Reid would let him in our locker room.  That’s why I say this is stupid. 

as for tampering.  NFL players talk with each other all the time.  This isn’t the 1970s where you get drafted and play with the same team and hate the other teams.  Players talk to each other.  Nothing will come of the tampering nonsense either. 

Hardman just needs to stop talking. His comments - true or not - are just stirring up crap.

Players can talk to players, no issue. The problem is that he said he texted Veach "come get me"... that's a big no-no. GMs and Coaches can't talk to other players, especially about trades. 

1 hour ago, Boone said:

Hardman just needs to stop talking. His comments - true or not - are just stirring up crap.

Are some players so attention starved that they have to shoot off their mouths to get headlines?  Hardman just came off a game where he fell into the hero role and didn't have to talk about communications with Chiefs' players.  Just don't get it. 

Jet, never underestimate the "dumb ass" nature of folks......Hardman went from "Maybe take a flyer on him"......to "Run Away!".....

The Chiefs may resign him but it should be very cheap.

Hardman and Toney should just be quiet....

w

On 3/2/2024 at 5:21 PM, jetlord said:

Even if a player just makes stuff up, it has consequences.

Nah. I don’t think we will lose picks unless there is more than a retracted statement from a player. 

8 hours ago, robgar said:

its one thing for mecole to say come get me..

its another for veach to reach out to mecole.

this one is a funny one..

Doesn't matter.  If Mecole contacted Veach directly, and Veach didn't report it to the league, then it could be an issue.

I think Mecole was just blowing smoke, so probably a nothing burger.

On 3/2/2024 at 1:24 PM, West said:

Jet, never underestimate the "dumb ass" nature of folks......Hardman went from "Maybe take a flyer on him"......to "Run Away!".....

The Chiefs may resign him but it should be very cheap.

Hardman and Toney should just be quiet....

w

If he’s our third receiver on a cheap deal I’m all for bringing him back.  He has value and knows the system, he’ll just never be “the guy”. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

If he’s our third receiver on a cheap deal I’m all for bringing him back.  He has value and knows the system, he’ll just never be “the guy”. 

If the Chiefs draft a speedster like Worthy, for example, do they need Hardman?  A really fast guy that can track the ball (Hardman can't) and run gadget plays would be interesting in Reid's offense. 

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs draft a speedster like Worthy, for example, do they need Hardman?  A really fast guy that can track the ball (Hardman can't) and run gadget plays would be interesting in Reid's offense. 

who's Worthy?

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

who's Worthy?

A very philosophical question OT.

Actually, he is a potential WR draftee who just ran a 4.21 second 40 yard dash at the combine.  The fastest time ever recorded at the combine.  Even faster than Hill.  But he is pretty small, only 165 lb and 5'11.  He has very good hands and can track the ball but could get annihilated by a big guy.  He would have to be a gadget or maybe used like MVS to stretch the field and open it up to the other receivers. Maybe a bottom of first round or early 2nd round guy. Could go higher because of his combine performance.

Please no more Hardman. He tried his best to fumble away a couple of games. Even Toney could have caught that game winning TD. The team still needs to upgrade every WR outside Rice. I’d rather keep Watson than Hardman if we are keeping a cheap guy. Watson has the bonus of not fielding punts at the 5 or tempting Reid to call a gadget play that loses 7 yards.

25 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A very philosophical question OT.

Actually, he is a potential WR draftee who just ran a 4.21 second 40 yard dash at the combine.  The fastest time ever recorded at the combine.  Even faster than Hill.  But he is pretty small, only 165 lb and 5'11.  He has very good hands and can track the ball but could get annihilated by a big guy.  He would have to be a gadget or maybe used like MVS to stretch the field and open it up to the other receivers. Maybe a bottom of first round or early 2nd round guy. Could go higher because of his combine performance.

The guy needs to add 20 pounds.