1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

who's Worthy?

Xavier Worthy is a WR often mention as a Chiefs target.  Little fast guy who supposedly can track the ball over his head and is very fast.  Not my first choice for a pick in the early/mid second round, but Reid likes speed.  His 40 time at the combine may have boosted him up to late first, but I think the Chiefs could get him with a trade down to mid to late thirties.  

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yep.  But then, his 40 time would be a lot longer. Speed kills, but I would rather get a WR who is big, tall, strong, and can go up and win contested catches.

I think Randy Moss has already retired.  🙂

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

The guy needs to add 20 pounds. 

His playing Wright was about 10 pounds heavier.  That's why teams were questioning if he lost weight intentionally for the combine.  Still was crazy fast and quick playing heavier.  Wonder what he'll weigh in at his pro day.

4 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

A very philosophical question OT.

Actually, he is a potential WR draftee who just ran a 4.21 second 40 yard dash at the combine.  The fastest time ever recorded at the combine.  Even faster than Hill.  But he is pretty small, only 165 lb and 5'11.  He has very good hands and can track the ball but could get annihilated by a big guy.  He would have to be a gadget or maybe used like MVS to stretch the field and open it up to the other receivers. Maybe a bottom of first round or early 2nd round guy. Could go higher because of his combine performance.

Hill did not run at the combine, speculation that worthy is faster than hill is speculation.

what is known is Hill was a track star.. worthy was not.

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

Hill did not run at the combine, speculation that worthy is faster than hill is speculation.

And then you can say Hill trained for speed running being a track star while Worthy was just naturally fast af too.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

And then you can say Hill trained for speed running being a track star while Worthy was just naturally fast af too.

dual sport athlete in highschool.. didnt break hills records.. ;)

previous known 40 time was 4.29 .. heights published are 2" taller at 6'1, and weight 20 - 30 pounds heavier..

theres also a small matter of a 40 or 39.5" vertical depending on where you get your information.

I really wish he had done the agility drills.

17 minutes ago, robgar said:

dual sport athlete in highschool.. didnt break hills records.. ;)

He only ran his freshman and sophomore season. His best 100m was his sophomore year at 10.55. He did run 200m though his junior year and the relay. Let's not make it sound like he went all thru college etc still running track. 

https://www.athletic.net/athlete/12643560/track-and-field/high-school

In a game last year Worthy hit 22.7 mph against Iowa State. In game speed the best way over a 40 imo.

Last year Hill hit 22.07 mph for his fastest speed against the Broncos. Also just fyi, Hill ran his 40 in 4.29 at his pro day. Unofficial though. 

I think the guy is 3 inches? Taller than Hill but he does need to bulk up a bit which may lose speed too. Would I hate the pick? I have to believe in Veech. I just can't see a guy at 167 pounds taking the hits on a regular bases. Hill is built like a mini tank in his lower strength muscles.

I rather have the other Texas WR in Mitchell. Bigger by an inch. Heavier at 205 and ran a 4.34. Guy seems like the complete type player that can get better with pro training. He does have some Trump hand size though at 9 inches.

19 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I rather have the other Texas WR in Mitchell. Bigger by an inch. Heavier at 205 and ran a 4.34. Guy seems like the complete type player that can get better with pro training. He does have some Trump hand size though at 9 inches.

And you know what they say... "Small hands, small gloves."

12 hours ago, robgar said:

What is also known, is HILL is football elite fast. Maybe the quickest acceleration ever on a field. 

One factor is that Hill played RB early in his college career which shows he can take the physical side of football.  Also, Hill didn't have the reputation of drops that Worthy has.  Some say Worthy had a hand/wrist problem two years ago and that added to his drop stats.  I'd still prefer Ladd McConkey or Keon Johnson with the first pick or Polk if they wait until the late second.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

One factor is that Hill played RB early in his college career which shows he can take the physical side of football.  Also, Hill didn't have the reputation of drops that Worthy has.  Some say Worthy had a hand/wrist problem two years ago and that added to his drop stats.  I'd still prefer Ladd McConkey or Keon Johnson with the first pick or Polk if they wait until the late second.  

Reek was 2nd in the league in drops this past year.  Fwiw Puka was first.

"Some say"... its not speculation.  Worthy played through a broken hand that 2nd year.  This past year it didn't seem to be a problem.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Reek was 2nd in the league in drops this past year.  Fwiw Puka was first.

"Some say"... its not speculation.  Worthy played through a broken hand that 2nd year.  This past year it didn't seem to be a problem.

Didn't look up the stats, but was Hill's drop rate high or did he just get more targets or opportunities for drops?  I don't recall him having a drop reputation in KC.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Didn't look up the stats, but was Hill's drop rate high or did he just get more targets or opportunities for drops?  I don't recall him having a drop reputation in KC.

He did seem to lose focus sometimes and drop an easy one here and there, he just usually made up for it somewhere down the road that made people forget them!

If Veach and Co. think he is worth it, it is awfully hard to argue against. If Mahomes can just overthrow it long, like he often does, and the guy can still just run under it and actually catch it like what happened with Hill all the time, then his value at keeping the defenses honest will make a huge difference.  If nothing else, he would be MVS who has much better hands. I think its a moot point,  I think the noise about the Chiefs picking Worthy might just be the Chiefs luring some other team into choosing him so that  a target we like more is available when we pick. I personally don't want a guy who will be lost for a month or a season after one really hard hit.

17 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If Veach and Co. think he is worth it, it is awfully hard to argue against. If Mahomes can just overthrow it long, like he often does, and the guy can still just run under it and actually catch it like what happened with Hill all the time, then his value at keeping the defenses honest will make a huge difference.  If nothing else, he would be MVS who has much better hands. I think its a moot point,  I think the noise about the Chiefs picking Worthy might just be the Chiefs luring some other team into choosing him so that  a target we like more is available when we pick. I personally don't want a guy who will be lost for a month or a season after one really hard hit.

I'm sorry but this comment is ignorant.  Are you even familiar with the player?  Heres a comp for you with similar size.  Again I'd remind people he played around 10 pounds heavier last season than his weight at the combine.  

Whether we take him or not, our interest is almost assuredly real.  Hes a very good player.

20240308_064655.jpg

Screenshot_20240308_064826_Chrome.jpg

Hey, Xen.  How do you evaluate Keon Johnson?  He ran a slow 40 at the combine but nailed the agility drills and looked fast on his game film.  And did you see some of the Troy Franklin workout drills at the combine.  Not impressed especially in the gauntlet.  I liked McConkey better.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Hey, Xen.  How do you evaluate Keon Johnson?  He ran a slow 40 at the combine but nailed the agility drills and looked fast on his game film.  And did you see some of the Troy Franklin workout drills at the combine.  Not impressed especially in the gauntlet.  I liked McConkey better.  

Keon plays a lot faster than that timed speed.  Look how smooth he was in the drills.  Great hands.  A lot of untapped potential.  Ran same couple of routes over and over.  Not a fan of his college offensive system.  With Andy's emphasis on separation o wonder how high we'll have him but really like the player.

I wish Franklin would have run faster.  His calling card is speed.