1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

We are trading Sneed to the Patriots for #3.  They are apparently interested in him.  

A man can wish, but if that were ever to happen....

At some point, we are going to lose guys because the roster is so loaded. I think it would be good to keep Sneed a year on the tag if we cannot trade. I don’t like a Chris Jones deal that is longer than 3 years. Veach just needs to keep drafting well and snagging guys on the cheap for a year or two deals.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

At some point, we are going to lose guys because the roster is so loaded. I think it would be good to keep Sneed a year on the tag if we cannot trade. I don’t like a Chris Jones deal that is longer than 3 years. Veach just needs to keep drafting well and snagging guys on the cheap for a year or two deals.

I’d imagine a Chris jones deal is essentially a 2 year deal with voidable years on the back end, and he’ll get a big chunk of guaranteed money that will come in the first couple years. Keep in mind, if they announce say a 5 year deal, it really means 3 years with opt outs at the back end. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Couple of CBs released over the last few days, might make teams think twice about giving up Draft Capital and then a big $$ contract to go after Sneed

Mostly injury issues and/or not in the same league as Sneed.  Am I missing a name that's all that?

1 hour ago, xen said:

Mostly injury issues and/or not in the same league as Sneed.  Am I missing a name that's all that?

Nope. All cap casualties ot those not living up to there signed contract and older guys.  Good one year fillers on some.

Just now, xen said:

Fwiw.  

Start high, create a bidding war for those that want to go 2nd plus another and grab what we can. I still think we csn use our first rounder plus Sneed to move up to a higher 1st round pick if we wanted to do that too.

it's cryptic tweet Thursday..evidently Sneed tweeted something  with an Eagle at the end..Maybe the Eagles #1? and CJ tweeted something as well  KC Sports Talking heads speculating  CJ get signed  by Monday and Sneed traded to Eagles..or if CJ not signed they let him go to whomever and sign Sneed but things will happen by Monday unofficial Tampering open

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Start high, create a bidding war for those that want to go 2nd plus another and grab what we can. I still think we csn use our first rounder plus Sneed to move up to a higher 1st round pick if we wanted to do that too.

The Chiefs are short on picks this year.  If they can wrangle one or two more in the top 100, they might just use them to restock the roster with cheaper players.  It's hard to imagine them trading up far enough to get a top three WR or OT.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs are short on picks this year.  If they can wrangle one or two more in the top 100, they might just use them to restock the roster with cheaper players.  It's hard to imagine them trading up far enough to get a top three WR or OT.  

probably get a 3rd  Comp for CJ if he goes and 1 or more for Sneed so all 7-9 picks would be in the top 100 I'd think maybe even  2 top 32 picks . I aint mad about that

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

probably get a 3rd  Comp for CJ if he goes and 1 or more for Sneed so all 7-9 picks would be in the top 100 I'd think maybe even  2 top 32 picks . I aint mad about that

I think a comp for Jones would be next year and very well could be wiped out by the Chiefs signing their own FAs.  The Chiefs currently have three picks in the top 100 so don't know where you came up with 7-9   That would be nice, but not realistic.  Then again, I'm not a math major. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think a comp for Jones would be next year and very well could be wiped out by the Chiefs signing their own FAs.  The Chiefs currently have three picks in the top 100 so don't know where you came up with 7-9   That would be nice, but not realistic.  Then again, I'm not a math major. 

I stand corrected top 3 are in the top 100 but one could easily assume 1 or more in the top 100 for Snead traded that'd make 4-5. Not sure how the CJ Comp would work either but being FA starts the 13th and he'd get signed PDQ. I'd hope we'd see a comp pic for him this year..I could be wrong..regardless I aint worried about it

Chiefs Draft Picks 2024

Round

Pick

Overall

Traded From

-

-

-

-

Dallas

-

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I stand corrected top 3 are in the top 100 but one could easily assume 1 or more in the top 100 for Snead traded that'd make 4-5. Not sure how the CJ Comp would work either but being FA starts the 13th and he'd get signed PDQ. I'd hope we'd see a comp pic for him this year..I could be wrong..regardless I aint worried about it

Chiefs Draft Picks 2024

Round

Pick

Overall

Traded From

-

-

-

-

Dallas

-

We would not get a comp pick for Jones until next years draft if he signs elsewhere. It also might not be a 3rd round pick if we sign other higher FA picks this year as it will cancel out what we signed and lost this year. Complicated formula that no one knows how the NFL does it. 

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well Sneed will get more.

Bears, Jaylon Johnson agree to 4-year, $76M deal, sources say

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39677177/bears-jaylon-johnson-agree-4-year-76m-deal-sources-say

Amazing what a team can do when they're not paying a QB top dollar.  Thing is, by the time the team gets competitive, the QB is wanting big bucks.  If the Bears draft Caleb, they will have a five year window and that's assuming he's the next great thing.  Hard to stay on top, but equally hard to get to the top. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Amazing what a team can do when they're not paying a QB top dollar.  Thing is, by the time the team gets competitive, the QB is wanting big bucks.  If the Bears draft Caleb, they will have a five year window and that's assuming he's the next great thing.  Hard to stay on top, but equally hard to get to the top. 

I think, outside of a few extremely obvious exceptions, the myth of winning a superbowl by maximizing your QBs rookie contract has kinda been busted, don't ya think?

Screenshot_20240307_193729_Chrome.jpg