3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea so far with the exception of Gay it looks as if they are trying to keep the Band together and I for one dont think that's such a bad thing. It relieves having to focus too much on the draft & get a FA or 2 for depth. They got a hell of a mojo playing together...Ride the wave

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

yea so far with the exception of Gay it looks as if they are trying to keep the Band together and I for one dont think that's such a bad thing. It relieves having to focus too much on the draft & get a FA or 2 for depth. They got a hell of a mojo playing together...Ride the wave

Danna would be a loss and Omenihu won't be playing for most of the season.  Hope Buggs steps up and the Chiefs find another Edge or DT that's versatile.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Danna would be a loss and Omenihu won't be playing for most of the season.  Hope Buggs steps up and the Chiefs find another Edge or DT that's versatile.  

Get Armstead. Would be sweet if it happened.

9 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Get Armstead. Would be sweet if it happened.

Or DJ Reader.   Pairing either one with CJ would be a terror for Olines.

Calais Campbell would be a cheap options.  He is old old but dude had 6 plus sacks last year at 36.  I think they can find guys later in FA that can fill/rotate and provide some juice next to CJ.

1 minute ago, THEWIZARD said:

It would be nice if FAU would show a little more this year.

I think the staff is banking on this^^^

I sure hope he does too. If FAU develops just a little, say 5-7 sacks with Jones and George our pass rush will be pretty good, even better than last year. That will help whomever replaces Sneed.

1 hour ago, THEWIZARD said:

It would be nice if FAU would show a little more this year.

He's probably counted on to at least replace Danna.  He probably won't be moving inside unless he gain a lot in the off season.  Replacing Omenihu could be the issue. 

39 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Honestly we may eat the cap and keep Sneed the way it looks right now. Most likely it may be a draft day trade announcement. 

Hope not.  That hamstirngs Veach in the third tier FA market. 

In regards to Snead it seems logical to think AFC teams dont want to give much up in draft capital, they know what Veach could do with those picks. the  $19M  seems doable with not much suffering now but hopefully it's for a few years so Veach can do his Cap Magic will arnett magic GIF

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

In regards to Snead it seems logical to think AFC teams dont want to give much up in draft capital, they know what Veach could do with those picks. the  $19M  seems doable with not much suffering now but hopefully it's for a few years so Veach can do his Cap Magic will arnett magic GIF

What a spot to be in.  We can afford him this year which would be great.  Especially since we found a WR1-2 ish for a great deal and our defense is pretty much the same as last year minus Gay, and our offense should be a little better at least.  We don't have any major holes outside of OT and WR going into the draft.  Which bodes well for us.  Would love to sign him long term but I don't think they can get a deal with Bolton done if they do.  IMO Sneed > Bolton, but Spags loves him so doubt that happens.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

If a team worries about what could possibly happen with the Chiefs instead of doing what is right for their team then they have already lost. Veach is killing it if this is the hold up on a trade of Sneed.

33 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I love what Sneed did for the Chiefs last season and hope he gets paid.  The question is how much.  Maybe Sneed is finding out that no one wants to give him a long term contract at his asking price.  He does have a history of recurring knee problems and is 27 years old.  His best option may be to stay with the Chiefs for the tag or negotiate a little security with a longer term deal in KC.  That would be great for this season, but with the number of starters coming off rookie contracts in the next two years, the long term cap problems could be big.  

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I love what Sneed did for the Chiefs last season and hope he gets paid.  The question is how much.  Maybe Sneed is finding out that no one wants to give him a long term contract at his asking price.  He does have a history of recurring knee problems and is 27 years old.  His best option may be to stay with the Chiefs for the tag or negotiate a little security with a longer term deal in KC.  That would be great for this season, but with the number of starters coming off rookie contracts in the next two years, the long term cap problems could be big.  

In Veach I trust

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hope not.  That hamstirngs Veach in the third tier FA market. 

Still, if it saves cap space coming up, including next season and beyond, then we probably need to do that, even if we only get one draft pick or movement in the draft for him.  Or we could get him to sign a one year deal only.

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I wouldn’t mind keeping sneed and danna. Im more concerned with our plans for LT. 
Who replaces Allgretti as well. 
Do anyone think there are above average LT in the draft that maybe be there at 32? 

Its always possible a guy falls but it looks like no mans land at 32 for a LT.  All the guys graded out as first rounders will be gone and at that point it seems like a reach to draft the next tier.   Heard they had interest in Patrick Paul out of Houston but 32 seems high for him (he is also 24).  I wouldn't mind him mind him in mid 2nd though.  I could see Veach reaching for a LT though there with the wr being deep and waiting until the end of the 2nd for a wr.  Would make more sense if we added another FA wr though.   Here is hoping to Sneed netting a pick better than 82.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Its always possible a guy falls but it looks like no mans land at 32 for a LT.  All the guys graded out as first rounders will be gone and at that point it seems like a reach to draft the next tier.   Heard they had interest in Patrick Paul out of Houston but 32 seems high for him (he is also 24).  I wouldn't mind him mind him in mid 2nd though.  I could see Veach reaching for a LT though there with the wr being deep and waiting until the end of the 2nd for a wr.  Would make more sense if we added another FA wr though.   Here is hoping to Sneed netting a pick better than 82.

Thank you. 

It sure is great having the last pick in rd one! LOL

Agree that Sneed > Bolton but that DB room is loaded with talent.  Bolton is the QB of the Defense....and Spags loves him as mentioned earlier. 

We still need to address LT, Edge  and LB.  I think we have the DL set with all the re signings....

9 minutes ago, West said:

It sure is great having the last pick in rd one! LOL

Agree that Sneed > Bolton but that DB room is loaded with talent.  Bolton is the QB of the Defense....and Spags loves him as mentioned earlier. 

We still need to address LT, Edge  and LB.  I think we have the DL set with all the re signings....

I would get a DT if bpa and allow us to go into next year with a developed DT too. Save us from having to resign so many next year. 

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I would get a DT if bpa and allow us to go into next year with a developed DT too. Save us from having to resign so many next year. 

This is 100% what I'm hoping for. I want a young stud DT picked in rounds 1-3.