I think Sneed is high balling cause he wants the bag. If he doesn't get the contract he wants, he knows that the Franchise Tag will pay out. The problem is, KC doesn't want to pay him the tag. Hence the tag and trade situation he currently resides in.

I personally don't think he cares where he plays as long as he gets PAID. The league is not valuing him as high as he thinks. Just like someone posted above, fans always rate players higher than the NFL pros do.

I have always seen flaws in Sneeds game, even last year. He's not the best coverage in zone and he is extremely physical, i.e, HANDSY. HIs hips are also stiff, which means he's a very good 1 trick pony that excels on the outside against bigger WRs. Small quick WR's are a problem for him..Always has been..

Well, if all we can get for him is a 3rd.  I say rescind the offer, let him go in FA, and get the 3rd round comp he will bring in.  I'd love for him to stay, but no reason to tie up 20 mill of the cap when you will get pretty much the same compensation either way.

12 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, if all we can get for him is a 3rd.  I say rescind the offer, let him go in FA, and get the 3rd round comp he will bring in.  I'd love for him to stay, but no reason to tie up 20 mill of the cap when you will get pretty much the same compensation either way.

If we need the money, then yes. If we are fine with him being here and running it back and can still get what is needed, then might as well keep him. Now if they do rescind it, we better extend next years FA and get a couple more pieces for this year whether FA before draft or cuts after it. Still need what others have said in rb, lt, etc

19 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

If a 3rd is the best offer, we'd do the deal rather than outright release him, for 2 reasons: 

1. The traded 3rd will be a higher pick than the comp 3rd

2. Trading him ensures we get a say in where he goes. Releasing him allows him to sign anywhere - with a division rival or to an AFC contender. (I'd rather he didn't end up in Baltimore or Houston)

Veach is much more patient than us fans are. 

38 minutes ago, Boone said:

If a 3rd is the best offer, we'd do the deal rather than outright release him, for 2 reasons: 

2. Trading him ensures we get a say in where he goes. Releasing him allows him to sign anywhere - with a division rival or to an AFC contender. (I'd rather he didn't end up in Baltimore or Houston)

Valid arguments!

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

what other teams out there have the cap and need for a CB? They seem to be filling it like the Vikings here did.

Commanders, Patriots, Titans, and Eagles have the most cap space as of yesterday:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10113513-updated-nfl-salary-cap-outlook-for-all-32-teams-entering-week-2-of-free-agency-2024

3 hours ago, Boone said:

Good post.  One added thing about #1 is that a traded third will be a sure thing this year.  A comp pick can be offset if the Chiefs pick up FAs themselves plus they have to wait a year.  That being said, I'm still thinking that rescinding the tag might be the best thing to get Sneed to face his real value and to free up space to address other needs.  We have to trust that Veach has a handle on when he has to move or lose out on other FAs. 

No reason to rush.  Is there anyone left in FA that we just have to have?   At this point let the 2nd wave of FA play out.  He will probably get traded right before the draft and if not then Veach can restructure Taylor afterwards to grab the remaining guys he wants in the 3rd wave and cuts.  This is also Sneed knowing he has time to ask for the moon.  He seems more than happy to play on the tag if need be to return to the Chiefs so if he has to go he wants it to be worth it.   Bet this gets done the week leading up to the draft.   

If chiefs trade sneed they don’t have to pay the 20 mil, so this talk of  rescinding the tag makes no sense.

the third round compensation pick in theory sounds good, but its not guaranteed.

a traded for 3rd rounder is a sure thing and both scenerios are exactly the same on the cap.

its looking more likely to me he plays on the tag this year then walks in free agency after the season… where we would still got some sort of compensatory pick.

personally i hope they can deal sneed for something of value, because im scared to death of his injury situation. When healthy he is easily a top 5 cb in the league, but at his age that won’t last much longer 

I like how, during silly season, all y'all are falling for the bullshit.  For all the talk about his knees, likely put out there by teams looking to drive the value of a trade/contract down, he wasn't missing games over it and managed to lock down a murderers row of receivers all season and in the playoffs.  No talk of surgeries after the season, and the only thing we know is he had some swelling.

Veach knows this and that's why he's fine letting him play on the tag.  If you can get a pick, great.  Not like there's much worth spending money on in FA at this point so no sense in not letting it play out.  I suspect his knee will be miraculously fine either close to or during the draft (if we actually trade him), or playing for us this season when we threepeat.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

I like how, during silly season, all y'all are falling for the bullshit.  For all the talk about his knees, likely put out there by teams looking to drive the value of a trade/contract down, he wasn't missing games over it and managed to lock down a murderers row of receivers all season and in the playoffs.  No talk of surgeries after the season, and the only thing we know is he had some swelling.

Veach knows this and that's why he's fine letting him play on the tag.  If you can get a pick, great.  Not like there's much worth spending money on in FA at this point so no sense in not letting it play out.  I suspect his knee will be miraculously fine either close to or during the draft (if we actually trade him), or playing for us this season when we threepeat.

tenor.gif?itemid=4351577&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=

Detroit might be back in the mrkt. seems their #1 CB is a wanted man

Florida investigators are looking for a Detroit Lions cornerback accused of domestic battery by strangulation

Detroit Lions cornerback Cam Sutton is wanted in Florida for an alleged domestic battery by strangulation, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff’s office said Wednesday it had attempted to contact Sutton for two weeks before it turned to social media to ask for help finding the 29-year-old, who has homes in Lutz, about 15 miles north of Tampa, and Pinellas County

On 3/19/2024 at 5:53 PM, jetlord said:

Good post.  One added thing about #1 is that a traded third will be a sure thing this year.  A comp pick can be offset if the Chiefs pick up FAs themselves plus they have to wait a year.  That being said, I'm still thinking that rescinding the tag might be the best thing to get Sneed to face his real value and to free up space to address other needs.  We have to trust that Veach has a handle on when he has to move or lose out on other FAs. 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:21 PM, kkuenn said:

Come on commanders!

I don't think a 3rd alone is enough.  Although a lot of great players come out of the third round, they are just as likely to be deficient or very "meh," or even a bust. I think Sneed is not slowing down, his knee not an issue, and he will still be top-of-the-line for at least two or three more years. The money savings on a draftee would be huge, though.  IVIT.

I'm beginning to think Sneed's success is because his ( and other's) success is a sum of all it's parts and Spags. Spags seemed to be ok with Sneed and his in Nov being the most penalized defensive player in football, It was the cost of being aggressive..other D coordinators maybe not so much ..34 days until draft

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think a 3rd alone is enough.  Although a lot of great players come out of the third round, they are just as likely to be deficient or very "meh," or even a bust. I think Sneed is not slowing down, his knee not an issue, and he will still be top-of-the-line for at least two or three more years. The money savings on a draftee would be huge, though.  IVIT.

A third is better than nothing or a comp pick.  Like when the Chiefs traded for Clark, the receiving team not only gives up the draft pick, they also pay top dollar to the player.  That's a lot, especially if the player wants top dollar at his position.  Neither Sneed nor the Chiefs want to play him for one year on the cap. (reportedly)  That's why I threw out the idea of rescinding the tag, offering Sneed a multi-year contract, and let him find out what other teams are willing to really pay.  Worst case, the Chiefs save $19.8 million and get a comp pick.  Best case, Sneed signs for, say, three years in KC at $48 million and $30 million guaranteed.  That lets the Chiefs cut or trade him in time to pay McDuffy, who is the more valuable player.  

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well I now think Sneed is a real possibility with Detroit. 

Lions release Cameron Sutton amid police search for CB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39779567/lions-release-cam-sutton-amid-police-search-cb-florida

if they offered a 3rd it'd be better than a 3rd comp next year and not in our division so those are the positives, looking at Suttons contract he's bout a $10M a year guy and not sure  what pert of that will still go against Detroit's Cap. Can they afford him would be my question?

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

if they offered a 3rd it'd be better than a 3rd comp next year and not in our division so those are the positives, looking at Suttons contract he's bout a $10M a year guy and not sure  what pert of that will still go against Detroit's Cap. Can they afford him would be my question?

If they are able to recoup Suttons salary amd they most likely can, they'll be about 30m under the cap.

38 minutes ago, xen said:

Next year they are lol a projected 143m under the cap.  Need to extend their QB though.

yea but he'll be 30 in Oct what kind of extension and for how much is he really worth? Goff is one of those QBs ya just never know what your going to get from year to year but so far so good with the Lions.

seems he's a $32M cap hit next season