27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea but he'll be 30 in Oct what kind of extension and for how much is he really worth? Goff is one of those QBs ya just never know what your going to get from year to year but so far so good with the Lions.

seems he's a $32M cap hit next season 

Goff has won more playoff games than Cousins.  🙂

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

if they offered a 3rd it'd be better than a 3rd comp next year and not in our division so those are the positives, looking at Suttons contract he's bout a $10M a year guy and not sure  what pert of that will still go against Detroit's Cap. Can they afford him would be my question?

I was dreaming last night that the Lions offered a late third and swapped firsts.  Probably not realistic, but with the way the LTs are stacked, a few slots up in the first could be gold.   Jump ahead of BUFF.  

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I was dreaming last night that the Lions offered a late third and swapped firsts.  Probably not realistic, but with the way the LTs are stacked, a few slots up in the first could be gold.   Jump ahead of BUFF.  

Agreed that earlier first would be better in any trade up too.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Agreed that earlier first would be better in any trade up too.

This is probably not the best year to trade up.  Veach doesn't have the extra draft capital to work with and the Chiefs needs can be met in the second round for the most part.  The top three WRs and top five LT are out of reach without giving up the whole draft.  The meat for the Chiefs is in the top half of the second where multiple WRs, second tier O-line, and maybe an Allegretti or future Smith replacement can be had.  Same for defense.  Not sure how far the Chiefs would have to move down to pick up another top 100 pick.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Am I missing something?  Don't the Lions have pick 29?

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes. So we get 29 and a late second. They get our 32nd and Sneed. 

The post I was quoting referred to jumping in front of the Bills.  I thought maybe I wasn't following properly as I sometimes do. 

45 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The post I was quoting referred to jumping in front of the Bills.  I thought maybe I wasn't following properly as I sometimes do. 

Well I think with the ammo we get from Sneed trade, we can use to jump up and that would be higher than the Bills pick.

3 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

If that’s the case the Chiefs got jobbed. 

The market must have been dry for a trade war, makes one wonder if Sneed is overhyped or something outside the locker rooms and front offices.

I wish I could say I am happy.  We will miss Sneed.  All in all, though, he was a 4th rounder, and the secondary is the deepest part of the team.  Nothing stays the same.  This coming season we will have Brown and Rice and maybe a great rookie or a FA who is very strong at the catch point.. We will be more balanced.  Will the O score more points than we surrender?  That is the only question.  I think they will.  But the playoffs will be more difficult, because all of those kinds of teams have good defenses and a great #1 receiver who we will not be able to shut down.  Would we be able to stop Tyreek Hill, for instance?  I don't think so. Sneed is one remarkable CB.

We were never getting a high pick when it came out that Sneed wanted +22 million a year.   When it was leaked the turned down a 4/80 then I figured a 3rd was what we were getting.   Only thing now is what will Veach do with 20 more million this year.  

11 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Am I missing something?  Don't the Lions have pick 29?

Yes, my mistake.  DET has pick 29 and BUFF has 28.  Guess it's a moot point now that a trade seems agreed to.  Fans are going to be disappointed, but Sneed was just more than the Chiefs can afford.  That happens when they have to pay the top defensive player and the top offensive player.  Doesn't leave much room for other high contracts.  I think the Chiefs know what their DB will be next year.  Conner is versatile, Nazeeh seems to be liked by the coaches,  and their Nic Jones coming off injury that was also well spoken of by Merrit.  One other point is that the Titans could finish last in their division.  That makes the third round pick next year a high one. (70+ vs. 100+ for comp)  I'm sorry to see Sneed go, but if his savings mean signing Danna and a vet LT, it's all for the best.  JMHO

Well, I’m surprised with what we got in return however that maybe all someone was willing to give plus the tag amount for Veach is important for plans he has. 
I’m disappointed but at the same time, we have a lot of flexibility now with $.