I read yesterday that Sneed said last week that he didn't want to play on the tag so i guess maybe keeping him wasn't an option after all.  

Think there were a few mitigating factors here.

Had to be a predominantly man coverage team that needs a corner.  That eliminated all the zone teams, which are most. 

Had to be a team willing to give up picks, overlook the penalties, and shell out the contract.   As we saw, the contract demand was the stick in the mud.  Woof 19m per is a lot.  There's only 4 corners making more and they're all younger, either 24 or 25.

We still don't really know what's going on with the knee.  While I don't think it was much of a factor, I suppose it might have been with some teams.   He got 55m guaranteed so the Tits didn't care evidently.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

is it a done deal? I just read an article that said the contract talks have hit a wall and it was written yesterday afternoon and the next article  surmised it a done deal. Regardless Luvhouse is dumber than Veach

Don't think it's done yet but if the contract was the sticking point sounds like they are past that.

54 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess just hope the Titans suck next year

If history is a judge they likely will be.  If they still had Vrabel they likely would have been mid round at least.  Now they're pretty boon or bust.  Levis is still their QB and he can be very volatile.  Great 1 week total shit the next.

Just now, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Not bad for a kid from Minden. 

He's got a whole lot of problem people/history in his family. He's been the bright spot, the one looked at to redirect the family's trajectory. I don't blame him for getting a much $$ as possible. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

is it a done deal? I just read an article that said the contract talks have hit a wall and it was written yesterday afternoon and the next article  surmised it a done deal. Regardless Luvhouse is dumber than Veach

You seriously still don't fully trust Veach?

We also have Nico johnson I believe who from what I heard was going to make the 53 last year until his injury. 
so johnson Watson and Williams along with McDuffie. 
I think we are goi g to be fine. Draft an another CB and let merrit do his work with him. 

The market gave us all we were gonna get. The continued Veach doubt is wild to me. Snead was gone for sure next year. We got something for him. Our secondary is stacked and the coaches have proven they can develop that room. 
just wait until you see Connor doing the same thing boys. That kid can ball. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs are probably about to use this pick to move up. Franchise left tackle anyone? 

It's got to be the plan. Thuneys contract has gotten to the point where we almost have to do this if we want to sign Creed. And we'd have to release Thuney after this year if we wanted to resign Trey. Which personally I wouldn't rule out.

And they are looking at IOL during draft season too. Veach is always going to think 2 steps ahead. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's got to be the plan. Thuneys contract has gotten to the point where we almost have to do this if we want to sign Creed. And we'd have to release Thuney after this year if we wanted to resign Trey.

Which personally I wouldn't rule out. And they are looking at IOL during draft season too. Veach is always going to think 2 steps ahead. 

We have 27 million in cap space. Enough to dabble in FA for the leftovers on one year deals. Still then should have money to extend our FA type guys in season then too. I think this is the 2 steps ahead thinking he is doing and then to get a guaranteed 3rd this, this year, before any comp formula that might not gave us one is awesome.

Sucks as we all think he could have done better, but it is a pick in the 3rd and a higher 7th than we had before, plus he gets all that cap relief. I can't wait to see if he does extend a couple of our FA then and go into next year with just needing to resign 1 or 2 guys and having more cap then for whatever is needed.

Great Strategy by Veach Inc.  The market is a variable out of his control but the overall approach was fantastic.

Chiefs get picks for a guy that would have left because KC could not afford him.

KC returns the $19 mil to the pot for extensions and the 1-2 holes they will attempt to fill before the draft.

As we have been reminded, Veach and Reid want to be able to "line up and Play" BEFORE the draft to have maximum flexibility for Trades and grabbing BPA's.

Great Off season so far....

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs are probably about to use this pick to move up. Franchise left tackle anyone? 

How much can you move up using only a 7th rounder as bait.  We don't get the third round pick until 2025.  Not much of an incentive.  Maybe move up one spot for a seventh rounder?

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How much can you move up using only a 7th rounder as bait.  We don't get the third round pick until 2025.  Not much of an incentive.  Maybe move up one spot for a seventh rounder?

And the fact most will assume, rightly so, that the 3rd in 2025, would be end of the round pick too.

None of us can predict what Veach will do on draft day, but I doubt he will move up in the first round.  The Chiefs need bodies at a variety of positions rather than emphasizing a home run at one of them.  If they take care of a backup LT in FA before the draft, they are positioned to go BPA.  If they can find a partner, they could trade out of round one and get who they want at pick 35-40.  I do expect Veach to trade around day two or later to get his targets as he's done in the past.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Sorry no, I meant our 3rd round pick. Guessing Titans would be mid 3rd

Unless their QB gets hot, a 7-10 record would be about right which would give the Chiefs a pick around #75.  Why is next year's pick worth so much less than a similar one this year?  The Chiefs will have a lot of needs nest year as well as this one