3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

With CJ signed, I wonder if they have an idea what they are trading Sneed for and to who?

My guess is "Yes".  They probably have to deal Sneed before the league year starts and there's been plenty of time to shop him around.  Waiting for this year's hit on the Jones deal, but they still have Danna, Allegretti, Wharton, and a FA WR to deal with.  Maybe take a stab at keeping Edwards.  Veach has some juggling to do.   Right now, a second, especially a top 50 pick, would look pretty good because the Chiefs will have to restock through the draft rather than soled FAs. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My guess is "Yes".  They probably have to deal Sneed before the league year starts and there's been plenty of time to shop him around.  Waiting for this year's hit on the Jones deal, but they still have Danna, Allegretti, Wharton, and a FA WR to deal with.  Maybe take a stab at keeping Edwards.  Veach has some juggling to do.   Right now, a second, especially a top 50 pick, would look pretty good because the Chiefs will have to restock through the draft rather than soled FAs. 

I bet we don't resign any more of ours but 1 of them. Allegretti can be replaced by Morris if we get an OT or an OT to be that guy this year from the draft. Danna or Wharton will be 1 and a FA WR would be nice or even a 1 year OT and go after a WR in the draft.

4 hours ago, Boone said:

I'm still thinking that we'll trade Sneed for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. 

That would be okay depending on where in the second the draft pick fell.  The early second, up to about #50 or so has lots of options at WR and second tier OTs.  At the end of the second round, it gets a lot thinner.  My hope is that the Chiefs can trade down from #32 to about #40-45.  If they got another second in that range, they could package their first with a later pick at move up a few slots in the first like they did with McDuffy.  It would open up lots of options.  Let the bidding for Sneed continue. 

11 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I bet we don't resign any more of ours but 1 of them. Allegretti can be replaced by Morris if we get an OT or an OT to be that guy this year from the draft. Danna or Wharton will be 1 and a FA WR would be nice or even a 1 year OT and go after a WR in the draft.

Morris was pretty underwhelming this year, have to think Allegretti and Dana are gonna get paid by some team and they deserve to get theirs, it is just not going to be with KC (just not enough to go around for everyone).

21 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Morris was pretty underwhelming this year, have to think Allegretti and Dana are gonna get paid by some team and they deserve to get theirs, it is just not going to be with KC (just not enough to go around for everyone).

You're probably correct, but with Omenihu out, Danna would be a good keep.  And the Chiefs might want to bring back Wharton or some other rotational DT.  Buggs is apparently slated to replace Nnadi, but they need a third down defense.  

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Allgretti has what the Baseball Pitchers refer to Tommy Johns..he'll be out awhile I'm not thinking that will equate into a payday

17 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Allgretti has what the Baseball Pitchers refer to Tommy Johns..he'll be out awhile I'm not thinking that will equate into a payday

Maybe. I wouldn't mind still getting him on the cheap. He played the SB with that injury so it is not as bad as a pitcher having it. Could be back pretty soon.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well, they won't get Wilkins now that he's signed with the Raiders. But let's hope they want to offer some nice picks for Sneed. 

7 minutes ago, Boone said:

Well, they won't get Wilkins now that he's signed with the Raiders. But let's hope they want to offer some nice picks for Sneed. 

Well they are really trying to shore up the defense. Losing Cousins hurts but the money is being spent and they have the 11th pick too for a QB.

19 hours ago, Boone said:

I don't see Sneed going to Detroit now... they just traded with the Bucs for CB Carlton Davis.

I wonder what is happening with Snead? It’s odd to me other teams are not lined up to grab him. Lots of money being spent. Maybe Veach wants to much in return? I’m not sure. 

44 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I wonder what is happening with Snead? It’s odd to me other teams are not lined up to grab him. Lots of money being spent. Maybe Veach wants to much in return? I’m not sure. 

maybe they are and it's a bidding war.

I'd hate to play Veach in a game of poker..In Veach I trust

The Titans would be our best bet if  we have to lose Sneed.  They are currently the 7th pick.  If we traded straight up with them, it would be moving up 24 spots!  I'd take that, even with nothing else thrown in.

32 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The Titans would be our best bet if  we have to lose Sneed.  They are currently the 7th pick.  If we traded straight up with them, it would be moving up 24 spots!  I'd take that, even with nothing else thrown in.

We are not getting a top 10 first round pick for Sneed. Hell i dont think we can get a late 20s pick for him too. Best bet would be their 2nd round pick at 38 and another additional pick.

28 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I do believe it's their 2nd pick is whats being talked about..

3 minutes ago, xen said:

I mean, if the worst thing that happens is we keep Sneed another year I'm down.

yea so far with the exception of Gay it looks as if they are trying to keep the Band together and I for one dont think that's such a bad thing. It relieves having to focus too much on the draft & get a FA or 2 for depth. They got a hell of a mojo playing together...Ride the wave