lol donkeys

xen

The jury is in.  Along with dead cap hits of 35.4 mil this year and 49.6 mil next year, this is what they gave up:

Broncos received

QB Russell Wilson
DL Eyioma Uwazurike (2022 - 4th round pick), currently suspended

Seahawks received

QB Drew Lock
TE Noah Fant
IDL Shelby Harris
OT Charles Cross (2022 - 1st round pick)
OLB Boye Mafe (2022 - 2nd round pick)
OLB Tyreke Smith (2022 - 5th round pick)
CB Devon Witherspoon (2023 - 1st round pick)
EDGE Derick Hall (2023 - 2nd round pick)

Denver is sitting with almost $50 MILLION in cap space now after cutting/restructuring, so it isn't all bad news.

The only QB I would want them to draft, that is remotely attainable, is Drake Maye, and that probably isn't realistic.  If you can't get him, which they probably can't, just take BPA and rebuild.

2 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Denver is sitting with almost $50 MILLION in cap space now after cutting/restructuring, so it isn't all bad news.

The only QB I would want them to draft, that is remotely attainable, is Drake Maye, and that probably isn't realistic.  If you can't get him, which they probably can't, just take BPA and rebuild.

Live look at how the Broncos are doing:

4ranj3.gif

15 hours ago, xen said:

Y'all are paying 37 million in cash this year and 50m on the cap plus another 32m on next year's cap to a QB to play in Pittsburgh.

c486a4f6-63b3-4abf-b329-74dc59526029_tex

Right.  It's better to cut the cord now and swallow the shit already in your mouth than to hit the shit buffet for 5 more years.

Sean Peyton had to correct the roster mistakes made before he got to Denver, this was the obvious first step.

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Right.  It's better to cut the cord now and swallow the shit already in your mouth than to hit the shit buffet for 5 more years.

Sean Peyton had to correct the roster mistakes made before he got to Denver, this was the obvious first step.

We will see but Denver has traded up, spent a lot in FA and hired all those supposedly great coaches at the time and are still fucked up. If Peyton can't do it and flounders, your team may become Raider like the next 20 to 30 years.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

We will see but Denver has traded up, spent a lot in FA and hired all those supposedly great coaches at the time and are still fucked up. If Peyton can't do it and flounders, your team may become Raider like the next 20 to 30 years.

It is what it is dude.  Denver put on bandaids for years and never properly rebuilt the roster post-Manning.

It's not like they are going to win the Super Bowl next year, take this season to begin the rebuild, hopefully compete for the playoffs in the next few seasons.  See what happens.

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The New York Jets are trading quarterback Zach Wilson and a 7th-round draft pick to the Denver Broncos, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.

Per the report, the Jets will receive 6th-round pick in return and will pay part of his $5.5 million salary next season.

It JUST keeps getting BETTER!  I love how the Broncos are turning into the Raiders!  Our division is starting to look like a complete joke, and I absolutely LOVE IT!

15 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

It JUST keeps getting BETTER!  I love how the Broncos are turning into the Raiders!  Our division is starting to look like a complete joke, and I absolutely LOVE IT!

I guess you fail to realize the Chargers are going to win the division for the 8th straight year.