1 hour ago, jetlord said:

KCSN reported Drue Tranquill signed for three years, $19 million.  Hope that true.  Sorry to see Gay go, but getting Tranquill for a longer term deal is a good thing. 

Fukin rights! He’s a baller! Let’s go Veach! 

And the dominoes begin to fall. I love Tranquill over Gay. Guy can do it all. Leo is stepping up to be our thumper so that will lessen the loss of Gay.  Get Jones signed and then go after the likes of Allegretti, Wharton, Dana and/or one of the TE in Bell or Fortson. Restructure and use some in FA for a position of need at WR and then time for draft and next years extensions.

Can't wait to see the numbers but probably something like 6-7m signing bonus with vet min salary year one (the Veach special) and 6-7m guaranteed salary year 2 and 6-7 non guaranteed salary year 3 so could cut after 2 years with only cap hit the prorated bonus.  Could be other bonuses instead.

Chiefs have to be at or under the cap by next Wednesday so that gives us through the legal tampering period to figure out:  CJ, Sneed, Pat restructure.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Can't wait to see the numbers but probably something like 6-7m signing bonus with vet min salary year one (the Veach special) and 6-7m guaranteed salary year 2 and 6-7 non guaranteed salary year 3 so could cut after 2 years with only cap hit the prorated bonus.  Could be other bonuses instead.

Chiefs have to be at or under the cap by next Wednesday so that gives us through the legal tampering period to figure out:  CJ, Sneed, Pat restructure.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-re-signing-lb-drue-tranquill-to-3-year-19m-dealTranquill is re-signing with Kansas City on a three-year, $19 million deal with $13 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night.

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-re-signing-lb-drue-tranquill-to-3-year-19m-dealTranquill is re-signing with Kansas City on a three-year, $19 million deal with $13 million guaranteed, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday night.

Yes that's what I was going off of.  My numbers would get you to the totals and guaranteed totals.  Vet min probably around 1.1 to 1.4 (too lazy to look up).  Just guessing on the breakdown.  Should show up in next few business days.

I liked Gay.  He was so athletic and made some good plays.  Tranquill has acted like he really wanted to be here and when signing last year claimed that he came to win a ring.  One of the few guys in that situation that got his wish and maybe he gave a bit of a home town discount.  Why else sign before testing the market?  Between Gay and Tranquill, I think the Chiefs picked the right one.  Can't wait to see what Gay gets on the open market. 

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I liked Gay.  He was so athletic and made some good plays.  Tranquill has acted like he really wanted to be here and when signing last year claimed that he came to win a ring.  One of the few guys in that situation that got his wish and maybe he gave a bit of a home town discount.  Why else sign before testing the market?  Between Gay and Tranquill, I think the Chiefs picked the right one.  Can't wait to see what Gay gets on the open market. 

Hope he gets a lot so we can get back a comp pick.

55 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Wow, you are reading into it and reaching far on these. I too think they picked the right guy to resign and yes he missed way to many tackles.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Wow, you are reading into it and reaching far on these. I too think they picked the right guy to resign and yes he missed way to many tackles.

Sounds like everyone wants the gay gone  

25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

LOL!  Xen likes reaching around things!