Looks like we have the beginnings of a blue print

for Jones.  No way he signs for anything less than 30 in my opinion.  He's much better than this guy.

The Baltimore Ravens are signing franchise defensive tackle Justin Madubuike to a four-year, $98 million deal that includes $75.5 million total in guarantees and $53.5 million at signing, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

13 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

for Jones.  No way he signs for anything less than 30 in my opinion.  He's much better than this guy.

The Baltimore Ravens are signing franchise defensive tackle Justin Madubuike to a four-year, $98 million deal that includes $75.5 million total in guarantees and $53.5 million at signing, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Well make it 4 years but a voidable 4th year with minimal hits. So he can make it feel 30 mil AAV and think he won?

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Isn't he three or four years younger than Jones?  That would be a factor.  

yes, but he's had 1 season of double digit sacks.  1.  I think we are really in that 133 mill range for him now.

10 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

yes, but he's had 1 season of double digit sacks.  1.  I think we are really in that 133 mill range for him now.

Can't imagine the Chiefs even coming close to that number.

Details, per PFT:

Justin Madubuike has broken the bank.

Just three days after having the franchise tag applied, guaranteeing him $22.1 million for one year. He has traded that in for an impressive four-year contract.

Here are the full and correct details of the deal, per a source with knowledge of the terms:

1. Signing bonus: $25 million (due within 10 days of signing).

2. 2024 base salary: $6 million, fully guaranteed.

3. 2025 option bonus: $15 million, fully guaranteed.

4. 2025 base salary: $7.5 million, fully guaranteed.

6. 2026 base salary: $22 million, guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2025 league year.

7. 2027 roster bonus: $4 million, due on the first day of the league year.

8. 2027 base salary: $18.5 million.

The deal carries $53.5 million in fully-guaranteed money, with another $22 million that will become guaranteed after only one season. In order to avoid owing him $75.5 million, the Ravens would have to cut Madubuike after one year and $53.5 million.

More than 54 percent of the contract is fully guaranteed at signing. More than 77 percent is guaranteed as a practical matter.

The cash flow is $31 million through one year, $53.5 million through two, $75.5 million through three, and $98 million through four.

Under two years of the tag (if tagged in 2025), Madubuike would have earned $48.62 million. He’ll get $53.5 million instead.

The four-year, $98 million contract has an average payout of $24.5 million per year. That puts him second in the NFL at the defensive tackle position, behind only the Aaron Donald unicorn contract worth $31.67 million annually.

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

The only Blueprint is that teams are going to try to take us down financially, by driving up the price at key positions like the raiders did with Adams which drove up Hills asking price, maybe a team does it again with Jones.

And then it backfires on them. I mean look how spending and paying way to much for players got our division rivals to take us down.  

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

And then it backfires on them. I mean look how spending and paying way to much for players got our division rivals to take us down.  

True, we survived losing Hill. In Fact some might say it made Patrick better to stop relying on the deep pass, now losing Jones may be a bit harder to overcome but i am glad we have Spags running our Defense instead of Sutton.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Meh.  He could still sign for a tick under 30MM and be way ahead of what Madubuike got.  

Give him 4/116MM, with 80MM guaranteed.  

I know it was only rumored but the deal they offered him last year was for 2 years.   Doesn’t sound like they wanna mess with him too much past 31 or 32 or take the chance of paying big money to a player possibly going into a decline and not getting the production that they are paying for.  If they try and put funny money into years 3 n 4 chances are he is going to want a bigger portion of it in years 1 n 2.  

With agents and GMs at the combine I’m pretty sure  both CJ and his agents have a good idea of what’s going to get offered. Some team will be willing to come close to what he wants.  

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

The only Blueprint is that teams are going to try to take us down financially, by driving up the price at key positions like the raiders did with Adams which drove up Hills asking price, maybe a team does it again with Jones.

Honestly it's more about price corrections at certain positions for various reasons, including just the evolution of the game. 

We've seen prices rise at positions like right tackle over the last 5 years and that was a direct response to teams putting their best pass rushers over the right tackle and right tackles being drafted higher as a reaction.

We've seen something similar with DT's, as these young pass rushing DT's have come in the league in the wake of AD and CJ tearing up gameplans, prices have steadily risen as each guy signs.

BTW you guys may hate this one, but center position is due for a price correction as well as centers keep getting drafted higher, but center salaries have not risen at the same rates as other positions.  Best sign Creed as soon as he's up.

Is there a chance that the Chiefs and Jones have a verbal agreement and they can't officially sign until all the restructuring of other contracts is official or Sneed is traded?  That would be my hope.  The alternative is that the Katz brothers are repeating the same act as last year which impacted the Chiefs' FA options.  If a contract isn't signed by Monday, some team is going to offer Jones $33 million or so and he's probably gone.  

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is there a chance that the Chiefs and Jones have a verbal agreement and they can't officially sign until all the restructuring of other contracts is official or Sneed is traded?  That would be my hope.  The alternative is that the Katz brothers are repeating the same act as last year which impacted the Chiefs' FA options.  If a contract isn't signed by Monday, some team is going to offer Jones $33 million or so and he's probably gone.  

Could be but if they had an agreement I would think they would have restructured mahomes contract asap. This was in a trade for Sneed teams known we can still afford him and give us a little more leverage.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Honestly it's more about price corrections at certain positions for various reasons, including just the evolution of the game. 

We've seen prices rise at positions like right tackle over the last 5 years and that was a direct response to teams putting their best pass rushers over the right tackle and right tackles being drafted higher as a reaction.

We've seen something similar with DT's, as these young pass rushing DT's have come in the league in the wake of AD and CJ tearing up gameplans, prices have steadily risen as each guy signs.

BTW you guys may hate this one, but center position is due for a price correction as well as centers keep getting drafted higher, but center salaries have not risen at the same rates as other positions.  Best sign Creed as soon as he's up.

Good Points Xen, like others here i have no problem with players getting the bag because guys like CJ have earned it. I know i want every penny i can get between now and when i retire (when ever that is?)

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

We don't have to be under the cap until UFA and the league year opens Wednesday at 3pm arrowhead time.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

Bills cut Morris and he was due $8.5M