Mahomes restructured

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

As far as the team goes, his pay is good for us because it allows us to sign and pay other players. And I’m not commenting directly on Lawrence or anyone else, but it’s ridiculous that he’s not even top five. Of course, overall, he has plenty of money and makes plenty outside of his contract.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40345163/source-jaguars-qb-trevor-lawrence-agree-five-year-275m-deal

35 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

As far as the team goes, his pay is good for us because it allows us to sign and pay other players. And I’m not commenting directly on Lawrence or anyone else, but it’s ridiculous that he’s not even top five. Of course, overall, he has plenty of money and makes plenty outside of his contract.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40345163/source-jaguars-qb-trevor-lawrence-agree-five-year-275m-deal

well when he restructured IIRC it made him #1 again..stupid games.  he's a rich MO FO. JFC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

well when he restructured IIRC it made him #1 again..stupid games.  he's a rich MO FO. JFC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Add in all his endorsements and get back to me. You don't get that easy endorsement coin unless you're front page. You don't get front page unless you win. You don't win without a sufficient supporting cast... see KC defense 2023/24. 

Patrick knows this. And it's why we'll be serious SB contenders for the next 5-10 years.

3 hours ago, mex said:

Yep. Add in all his endorsements and get back to me. You don't get that easy endorsement coin unless you're front page. You don't get front page unless you win. You don't win without a sufficient supporting cast... see KC defense 2023/24. 

Patrick knows this. And it's why we'll be serious SB contenders for the next 5-10 years.

How many more SBs did Brady win because he played below market value while his team picked up Randy Moss, etc.?  Mahomes will come out ahead both financially and with personal satisfaction by giving the Chiefs cap space to keep a good team around him.  Even if he was greedy or his ego needed boosting, neither of which appears to be true, he'll do fine by not worrying about being #1 on the pay scale for his whole career.