Mike Williams. Buy? Sell? I know where I am.

Buy. Uh, Mike Williams is an elite player. Imagine a healthy Williams and Mahomes. If he pases a physical, I’d sign him on a 5 million per year deal for at least 3 years. He might get a well deserved Super Bowl ring in that window. Agree, disagree, death threats? 

7 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Buy. Uh, Mike Williams is an elite player. Imagine a healthy Williams and Mahomes. If he pases a physical, I’d sign him on a 5 million per year deal for at least 3 years. He might get a well deserved Super Bowl ring in that window. Agree, disagree, death threats? 

lunacy to think he'd sign 3 for $15M

Heard some guys on KCSN talking about Williams.  Said he was a contested catch kind of guy and the Chiefs don't throw up many jump balls.  Not saying he wouldn't be useful, but lets hope the Chiefs get someone who gets separation.  

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs know all too well about Williams. While playing for the division rival Chargers, Williams customarily torched Kansas City.

Williams compiled 43 catches, 692 receiving yards and six touchdown receptions in 11 career games against the Chiefs. It’s the most catches, receiving yards and touchdown grabs he’s had against any NFL opponent.

perhaps this is why I see him as elite. Lol. 

16 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs know all too well about Williams. While playing for the division rival Chargers, Williams customarily torched Kansas City.

Williams compiled 43 catches, 692 receiving yards and six touchdown receptions in 11 career games against the Chiefs. It’s the most catches, receiving yards and touchdown grabs he’s had against any NFL opponent.

perhaps this is why I see him as elite. Lol. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/keenan-allen-vs-chiefs-career-stats

if that's your gauge then K Allen would be my go too. 15 games  89 catches 1083yrds 5 tds

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Heard some guys on KCSN talking about Williams.  Said he was a contested catch kind of guy and the Chiefs don't throw up many jump balls.  Not saying he wouldn't be useful, but let’s hope the Chiefs get someone who gets separation.  

To be fair though Mahomes hasn’t really had 6’4 guy that can make those kind of contested catches.  

As long as it’s 1 year prove it deal it would be good and like others have said he is a force when healthy.   

11 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

To be fair though Mahomes hasn’t really had 6’4 guy that can make those kind of contested catches.  

As long as it’s 1 year prove it deal it would be good and like others have said he is a force when healthy.   

Hell he has only 2 receivers that were starters or at least played a good amount at 6'4". Marcus Kemp and MVS. 

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hell he has only 2 receivers that were starters or at least played a good amount at 6'4". Marcus Kemp and MVS. 

Ross is 6'4", but can barely get on the field.  If he could ever put it together...

I told my son there is no way the Chiefs were gonna sign Calvin Ridley because someone was gonna pay him "stupid money". Hello Titans!

Now we are debating Mike Williams. I'm gonna say no they won't sign him for the very reasons mentioned in this thread. He could agree to an incentive laden deal. But I'd be surprised if some other team doesn't simply outbid KC for his services.

12 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I told my son there is no way the Chiefs were gonna sign Calvin Ridley because someone was gonna pay him "stupid money". Hello Titans!

Now we are debating Mike Williams. I'm gonna say no they won't sign him for the very reasons mentioned in this thread. He could agree to an incentive laden deal. But I'd be surprised if some other team doesn't simply outbid KC for his services.

Yep...The Titans "Jacked" everything up with that outlandish deal for Ridley. Now you got WRs like Odell Beckham tweeting that he wants a "Bag of Cash" and a long term deal. He even mentioned KC by name...LOL!!

26 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yep...The Titans "Jacked" everything up with that outlandish deal for Ridley. Now you got WRs like Odell Beckham tweeting that he wants a "Bag of Cash" and a long term deal. He even mentioned KC by name...LOL!!

OBJ had his chance last year and showed he is not a wr1 and 2 imo. I bet him and Hopkins are kicking their own asses on not having a ring now too.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

What if he takes a lesser deal with the Chiefs just to get to play against the Chargers twice a year? lol 😂 

44 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

What if he takes a lesser deal with the Chiefs just to get to play against the Chargers twice a year? lol 😂 

Doubt it.  Do you think Gay signed with the Saints so he could play against the Chiefs this season?  It will be about the money, not the ring or the opponent. 

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Doubt it.  Do you think Gay signed with the Saints so he could play against the Chiefs this season?  It will be about the money, not the ring or the opponent. 

Yeah that was a joke. The only reason he’d possibly take a pay cut would be the opportunity to maybe win a championship. Who knows? They need a veteran wide receiver who can actually catch the ball. Hopefully the Chiefs will address this sooner than later.