Mike Williams. Buy? Sell? I know where I am.

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah that was a joke. The only reason he’d possibly take a pay cut would be the opportunity to maybe win a championship. Who knows? They need a veteran wide receiver who can actually catch the ball. Hopefully the Chiefs will address this sooner than later. 

Man if we get him and he stayed healthy.......

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Man if we get him and he stayed healthy.......

LOLOLOL..."IF" he stayed healthy.

However, I didn't know that he was 30 yrs old already....One year deal.

I remember at the beginning of 2022 when DHop was a free agent and him talking about "wanting to go to a SB contender and getting a ring". Like Ridley has now done ...DHop signed with the Titans. Why? They have zero chance of making the SB! Money ...money....money. The idea stars take less money in order to chase a ring is pretty much a myth.

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah that was a joke. The only reason he’d possibly take a pay cut would be the opportunity to maybe win a championship. Who knows? They need a veteran wide receiver who can actually catch the ball. Hopefully the Chiefs will address this sooner than later. 

The way I see it is if the Chiefs get Brown, they draft a big guy.  If they get Williams, they go for Worthy.  Need someone to take the top off and on who can improve the red zone success rate.  

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The way I see it is if the Chiefs get Brown, they draft a big guy.  If they get Williams, they go for Worthy.  Need someone to take the top off and on who can improve the red zone success rate.  

Well Williams is a deep threat and red zone guy too 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Doubt it.  Do you think Gay signed with the Saints so he could play against the Chiefs this season?  It will be about the money, not the ring or the opponent. 

he is also from that area  ( Mississippi)

52 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well Williams is a deep threat and red zone guy too 

He’s like a faster, contested football catching; Tight end sized wide receiver who will sacrifice his body to catch a poorly thrown pass, based on the videos I’ve seen. If it was Mahomes throwing into those windows he may not have taken as much of a beating as he has in his career. His injury concerns might be mitigated by having a dart throwing qb hitting him in the hands. And since he was “oft” injured he might have 28 year old legs instead of 30 year old legs. 

5 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

He’s like a faster, contested football catching; Tight end sized wide receiver who will sacrifice his body to catch a poorly thrown pass, based on the videos I’ve seen. If it was Mahomes throwing into those windows he may not have taken as much of a beating as he has in his career. His injury concerns might be mitigated by having a dart throwing qb hitting him in the hands. And since he was “oft” injured he might have 28 year old legs instead of 30 year old legs. 

Damn! That’s really too many mights. I just want them to sign anyone who can help them pull off the impossible 3 peat. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I remember at the beginning of 2022 when DHop was a free agent and him talking about "wanting to go to a SB contender and getting a ring". Like Ridley has now done ...DHop signed with the Titans. Why? They have zero chance of making the SB! Money ...money....money. The idea stars take less money in order to chase a ring is pretty much a myth.

It also depends what teams realistically make an offer. Most times it can be money, but I also suspect sometimes dudes have only one real offer from some desperate team.

39 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

It also depends what teams realistically make an offer. Most times it can be money, but I also suspect sometimes dudes have only one real offer from some desperate team.

Yeah, Ridley got big money and signed with a non-contender.  But it also possible that he only got ONE offer that paid him anything close to that.  If so, it might also mean that there's not that many teams left who will spend big on a vet receiver.  Maybe Veach can stick to his "don't give long term contracts to old guys" style and get Williams on a one year incentive laden deal. 

I'd take Mike Williams in a heartbeat, even for a few years. Color me skeptical it happens though. He'd have to really want a ring as his value is pretty high.  Higher than we'll pay, I'd think.

1 minute ago, xen said:

I'd take Mike Williams in a heartbeat, even for a few years. Color me skeptical it happens though. He'd have to really want a ring as his value is pretty high.  Higher than we'll pay, I'd think.

Load it with incentives and keep the guarantees low.  He might think he could light it up with a real QB.  

Seems like Mike and Hollywood are about all that’s left for starters. I like both, but don’t love either. Mike is my favorite but too old for a one year deal probably.  Brown? I don’t know. For the right price, but I think he gets overpaid as well.

1 hour ago, xen said:

He would provide a type of WR that Mahomes has never had at least not at that level.  Would be fun.  Like you said doubt it happens but would be nice.

I don't mind the slow play in FA.  There will be good value in the 2nd tier and we have the ability to bring Sneed back if we can't find appropriate value.   Having Sneed under the tag gives us lots of options.