1 year deal to allow us to draft and develop our own. Then go into next year knowing whether we need another, resign Brown or draft one. Maybe we get the last we in FA next year after signing our own.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Seven million plus incentives?  Sounds like a good deal for the Chiefs.

Yeah. He will have to stay healthy and earn it. Possibly get a ring and bigger pay day then too next year.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah. He will have to stay healthy and earn it. Possibly get a ring and bigger pay day then too next year.

Only problem is that the Chiefs will have even less mad money next year considering Creed, Bolton, etc.  

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Only problem is that the Chiefs will have even less mad money next year considering Creed, Bolton, etc.  

Well use this draft to get the WR and LT. Then think of future needs like S, DT, DE and G positions. I think we gonafter Creed and Bolton for sure. I looked up capnspace for 2025 and it has us at 48 mil. We will resign some of our own after the big ones too. We will still have next year's draft also. Veach seems to be keeping 2 steps ahead of it all.

https://overthecap.com/calculator

What a great deal.  I was worried we were going to give him some ridiculous contract like 4/80 after Ridley signed.   What a masterclass.  With Brown in the fold the only other major need is LT.   After that we can afford to wait on FA for players to fall to fill IDL, WR, DB, and DE.   Great offseason so far.

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well you know Reid will get the best for him and Mahomes being the best to throw to him.

From the tape I saw, he has great awareness of what is around him and good hands.  Sneaky fast. He won't have to learn much in the way of routes.  NIce weapon for Mahomes.  When there is a lot of pressure on Mahomes, Brown is good with the short/quick game also.  Good signing. Basically a Juju type player.

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

From the tape I saw, he has great awareness of what is around him and good hands.  Sneaky fast. He won't have to learn much in the way of routes.  NIce weapon for Mahomes.  When there is a lot of pressure on Mahomes, Brown is good with the short/quick game also.  Good signing. Basically a Juju type player.

With WAY more speed. 

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i think we still need another vet WR. Cannot expect a drafted WR to contribute right away like Rice did.

still some Vet OTs out there as well

The longer this stretches out the more anxious some of these FA's are going to get.  The draft is loaded with wr talent and if some wait until after the draft (some will have too) then they won't be getting much more than the vet minimum.   I don't think teams are in a hurry to sign almost 30 year old FA vets to significant deals with this draft.   We should be able to get a very serviceable guy for a great deal.  A guy like Josh Reynolds would be nice to add to raise the floor.  

I don't think they want Toney's mental antics around the team but they probably don't want to eat that money and watch him play for a rival either.  Moore is sunk cost. Sure he could be the outlier and blossom in year three but if he couldn't do anything with our wr room last year than what is to say he can beat out a better wr room.  I'm with you Warpaint, Brown, Rice, Draft, FA Vet, Draft , and (Let Watson, Toney, Moore, Remigio, and Ross fight it out for the final spot).  At some point we have to invest enough in the room via the draft that Mahomes has 3-4 years with the same guys on cheaper deals.