45 minutes ago, qnet said:

Nice signing. I've always been curious about him since he was with the Ravens.

Ahhh Love the Brown signing. Didn't overpay, one year deal. Masterful work by Veech. I was hoping for this signing since FA started.

I think he just fits this offense. Andy will get the most out him.

Now, the only question is: Can the dude stay healthy for good playoff run??

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Ahhh Love the Brown signing. Didn't overpay, one year deal. Masterful work by Veech. I was hoping for this signing since FA started.

I think he just fits this offense. Andy will get the most out him.

Now, the only question is: Can the dude stay healthy for good playoff run??

Aside from the foot/heal injury that plagued Brown last season, does he have an unusual injury history?  His biggest issue is bad QB play for most of his career.  Lots of separation, ball doesn't get there. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Aside from the foot/heal injury that plagued Brown last season, does he have an unusual injury history?  His biggest issue is bad QB play for most of his career.  Lots of separation, ball doesn't get there. 

3 games missed total prior to 2022.  5 games in 2022 and 4 games in 2023.

Just now, xen said:

3 games missed total prior to 2022.  5 games in 2022 and 4 games in 2023.

I should say played 3 total seasons prior to 2022.  So 3 games missed in 3 years.   Last 2 years combined missed 9 games.

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If anyone wants to dig deeper into Brown's skillset, I recommend Seth Keyser's "Chief in the North" piece.  He breaks down the plusses and minuses of Brown's route running .  Pretty interesting.  

https://mnchiefsfan.substack.com/p/hollywood-brown-film-review-meet?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

After reading about all of the hype around Brown, now I'm wondering if Veech should've did a multi year deal? Dude is only 26...

Maybe the one year deal was from Browns camp.....?

Go to KC, raise your stock, get the "bag" next year??

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

After reading about all of the hype around Brown, now I'm wondering if Veech should've did a multi year deal? Dude is only 26...

1 year is best. If he has the dropsies or turns out to be a Hardman type in our system then we can use this year to develop a WR from the draft. Then, next year go after the WR we want or draft one. I am thinking too, Brown is betting on himself to go after the bigger contract next year too.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:35 PM, Holmes4six! said:

Brown, rice, Watson. Remingo may beat out sky and Toney. 

I do think Nikko will beat out Skyy, but Toney is safe. He had no problem getting open, it was those drops which I think he just had a weird fluke season. 

4 hours ago, artsy said:

The fans are excited, but Brown isn't guaranteed to be all world here.  He's had bad QBs but also injuries.  I like the signing, but am glad it's for one year.  First of all, the Chiefs are off the hook if he flops and probably won't have to pay all the incentives.  More of a factor is that Brown will do everything in his power to earn the big contract next time.  Everyone plays better in their contract year.  A cheap one year deal is perfect for the Chiefs at this time. 

5 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

I do think Nikko will beat out Skyy, but Toney is safe. He had no problem getting open, it was those drops which I think he just had a weird fluke season. 

Agree. Love to Remingo stay healthy and get a shot. 

56 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Agree. Love to Remingo stay healthy and get a shot. 

The Chiefs have Rice, Brown, and Watson under contract.  Moore is a lock since he's on his rookie deal.  They will draft a WR early by all accounts.  Toney is getting paid whether he's here or not.  That doesn't leave much room, even if they unload Toney somehow or just eat his salary.  Really, there's only one slot to compete for among Ross, Remiggio, and several other practice squad guys.  TC will be interesting.  

Brown's camp said the market wasn't to their liking.  Definitely a compromise from both sides.  He gets the ability to play with Pat and raise his value and cash in next year and we get a chance to get a big time upgrade for a great price.   He wasn't going to sign a long term deal near this value.   

25 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Not sure about Thomas but the two rbs for sure.

Probably the Chiefs will get RBs on cheap deals after the draft or late picks during the draft.  And they have the PS guys still around.  Only thing I see left in immediate FA is an OT to at least compete or back up Morris.  Then again, Veach is always good for a few surprises.