Many of us have been talking stout draft after the trade, cap space and even next year's FA of our own guys etc. Thought I would make a thread for it with about a month to go for the draft. One thing I think is we extend either Bolton or Creed this season. I do believe, unless getting a great deal....Trey Smith is gone. 

End of round 3? Maybe slips to 4. Let him develop for the year.

Played LG, RG and 78 snaps at RT.

Good breakdown below too.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2024-nfl-draft-scouting-report-boston-college-og-christian-mahogany/

https://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetingsByTeam2024.php

SR – Senior Bowl meeting.
EW – East-West Shrine meeting.
COM – Combine meeting.
INT – Interested.
VINT – Very Interested.
PRO – Pro Day or campus meeting/workout.
LOC – Local visit. Prospect making a local visit.
PRI – Private visit. Prospect making an official 30 visit.
WOR – Private Workout. Members of an organization working out a player in private.
STM – Some Type of Meeting.
VIR – Virtual Meeting.
% – indicates more than one meeting at an event.
^ – has met with team at more than one event.
# – indicates meeting set up outside of the 2024 Senior Bowl or the 2024 East-West Shrine Game

Kansas City Chiefs

Khristian Boyd, Defensive Tackle, Northern Iowa (PRI)

Anthony Gould, Wide Receiver, Oregon State (LOC)

Theo Johnson, Tight End, Penn State (COM)

Marshawn Kneeland, Defensive End, Western Michigan (PRI)

Christian Mahogany, Offensive Guard, Boston College (PRI)

Bo Nix, Quarterback, Oregon (COM)

Patrick Paul, Offensive Tackle, Houston (COM)

Xavier Worthy, Wide Receiver, Texas (COM)

11 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

There are several on that list I'd be happy for the Chiefs to draft.

I see the WR and OT which we need. I like the TE, OG and DT prospects too. Some mid round guys that can develop. Wr round 1, Paul in round 2. Get the OG in round 3, DT in round 4.

What intrigues me is Theo Johnson who could be a mid day type pick in 3 to 4 range?

I want a young stud at DT, somewhere in rounds 1-3. I want what the Rams did last year by picking Kobie Turner with pick 89. Our D will be unstoppable having a pair of DTs destroying the middle of an offensive line. 

1 hour ago, Boone said:

I want a young stud at DT, somewhere in rounds 1-3. I want what the Rams did last year by picking Kobie Turner with pick 89. Our D will be unstoppable having a pair of DTs destroying the middle of an offensive line. 

The DT above is built like a tank. Shorter than what I think Spags usually goes for but he has a quick first step and is a NT type guy. Imagine him having rushing ability and also to just plug the middle. Next to Jones he would have a lot of 1 on 1 situations.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

While we’re on draft topic, does anyone here go to the draft festivities they have at arrowhead?  This will be my first year. 

the year I went the Chiefs traded down..real buzz kill never went to another

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

While we’re on draft topic, does anyone here go to the draft festivities they have at arrowhead?  This will be my first year. 

It's been a number of years and not that exciting to me.  There was free beer if you were willing to stand in line for 30 minutes and the beer was BUD or something equally distasteful.  Not a lot of interesting activities and since the picks are 15 minutes apart there wasn't much to do but stand around and complain about the last season.  It may be better now with a championship team and maybe better organization and activities.  

Round 1 we go WR unless there is a guy that drops and is a stud at DT imo. Dark horse here would be CB.

Round 2 OT. The more I read on this guy, the more intrigued I am.

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/03/16/kiran-amegadjie-2024-nfl-draft-profile/

Read the article but he is a huge guy with long arms and strong lower body. May take some time to really get into it all, but man if they do their due diligence......and pick him to really train him up, it would be huge.

Amegadjie’s Strengths

• Elite size for the offensive tackle position. Looks like he’s built in a lab with his thick build and big legs.
  • Elite measurements with insanely elite 36 and one-eighth-inch arms. It could be a major advantage at the NFL level. Arms are in the 95th percentile.
  • Great run blocker, especially when playing under control. Has rare strength and moves defenders against their will. Can displace and turn defenders quickly, opening holes. With his aggression and power, he is a natural weapon on double teams and down blocks. Can reach block and hook the defender and climb to the second level with ease and control.
  • He is underrated as a pass pro, especially when he’s at his best. His great strength allows him to swallow pass rushers. He can thrive in multiple sets, including quick sets and jump sets. His long arms and quick feet allow him to mirror rushers past the quarterback.
  • Has the ultimate nasty temperament to want to destroy and dominate his opponents.
  • Brilliant at recognizing while having the talent to pick up stunts and twist.

Amegadjie’s Weakness
He played at the Ivy League conference at Yale. Poor competition will be a major step up in the translation to the pros.
He can get way too aggressive. I love his aggressive mindset, but it can sometimes get him in trouble, leading to missed blocks and losses to counters.
Inconstant hand placement and timing. With a lack of hands strikes post and timing, he will get exposed at the NFL level. This could lead to many times his hands getting swiped down, making it easy for the rusher to apply pressure.
A late Quad injury in the 2023 season has led him to miss part of the NFL Draft process.
Can not start at Tackle day one—draft and stash player.

Great thread....

Phase II of Free Agency is ongoing and I think KC will continue to  be opportunistic as they always are....

They need to address T , BU QB, BU RB, and Edge IMO....

I would be fine with Jet and Mike Dana coming back with KC friendly contracts as an example.

I hear Gabbert or maybe Carson Wentz as the BU QB is out there as well.

I think the next 3 weeks of Free Agency will  define Draft priorities as Veach attempts to "shape" both the 2024 and 2025 Rosters.

My guess is that KC may move up to get that 1st Rd talent if there is a "Hole"....No hole....they likey down for more picks.

Veach think both short and long and uses all available tools....love the way he operates.

2 hours ago, West said:

Great thread....

Phase II of Free Agency is ongoing and I think KC will continue to  be opportunistic as they always are....

They need to address T , BU QB, BU RB, and Edge IMO....

I would be fine with Jet and Mike Dana coming back with KC friendly contracts as an example.

I hear Gabbert or maybe Carson Wentz as the BU QB is out there as well.

I think the next 3 weeks of Free Agency will  define Draft priorities as Veach attempts to "shape" both the 2024 and 2025 Rosters.

My guess is that KC may move up to get that 1st Rd talent if there is a "Hole"....No hole....they likey down for more picks.

Veach think both short and long and uses all available tools....love the way he operates.

i think Jet's tank is empty....

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Has Sneed passed his Titans physical yet?  Until he does, his $19.8 million tag is still in effect.  When that's done, expect Veach to go after Danna and a backup LT.  Then extend Creed.

They announced his contract so guess so.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

They announced his contract so guess so.

Yep he signed today. 

On Tuesday, Ian Rapoport reported that not only did Sneed pass his physical with his new team, but he also signed a massive contract extension.

The 27-year-old will be with the Titans on a four-year, $76.4 million contract with $55 million guaranteed.

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Round 1 we go WR unless there is a guy that drops and is a stud at DT imo. Dark horse here would be CB.

Round 2 OT. The more I read on this guy, the more intrigued I am.

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/03/16/kiran-amegadjie-2024-nfl-draft-profile/

Read the article but he is a huge guy with long arms and strong lower body. May take some time to really get into it all, but man if they do their due diligence......and pick him to really train him up, it would be huge.

Amegadjie’s Strengths

• Elite size for the offensive tackle position. Looks like he’s built in a lab with his thick build and big legs.
  • Elite measurements with insanely elite 36 and one-eighth-inch arms. It could be a major advantage at the NFL level. Arms are in the 95th percentile.
  • Great run blocker, especially when playing under control. Has rare strength and moves defenders against their will. Can displace and turn defenders quickly, opening holes. With his aggression and power, he is a natural weapon on double teams and down blocks. Can reach block and hook the defender and climb to the second level with ease and control.
  • He is underrated as a pass pro, especially when he’s at his best. His great strength allows him to swallow pass rushers. He can thrive in multiple sets, including quick sets and jump sets. His long arms and quick feet allow him to mirror rushers past the quarterback.
  • Has the ultimate nasty temperament to want to destroy and dominate his opponents.
  • Brilliant at recognizing while having the talent to pick up stunts and twist.

Amegadjie’s Weakness
He played at the Ivy League conference at Yale. Poor competition will be a major step up in the translation to the pros.
He can get way too aggressive. I love his aggressive mindset, but it can sometimes get him in trouble, leading to missed blocks and losses to counters.
Inconstant hand placement and timing. With a lack of hands strikes post and timing, he will get exposed at the NFL level. This could lead to many times his hands getting swiped down, making it easy for the rusher to apply pressure.
A late Quad injury in the 2023 season has led him to miss part of the NFL Draft process.
Can not start at Tackle day one—draft and stash player.

Could be a potential tackle but easily slide into guard.  Like those kind of picks.  I know its a pipe dream but would be awesome if Byron Murphy dropped to 32 but there are a couple penetrating type DT in this draft.  Newton, Ruke, Darius (tweener), and Mike Hall Jr (who I think might fall but if Cullen could get his potential that could be the steal of the draft).

3 hours ago, dhitter said:

If  you could pick one WR you'd like to see the Chiefs grab at #32 or #64 (and who might be available)....who would it be?

At #32:  Worthy, Coleman, McConkey, Franklin, Legette

At #64:  Polk, Burton, Wilson, Walker, Corley,   plus several I've forgotten about for the moment.

Not all may be available, but out of that list, some will be.  Since Hollywood is probably a rental, the Chiefs can take anybody and use him long term.   If Veach can find a trade partner in the #23-27 range (all NFC teams) he might use #32 and a 2025 third to move up and grab a better LT.  That would make the WRs at #64 more important.  Knowing Veach's habits, he could also trade up in round two to get a Legette type mid round.