Baker led the Big 12 with 1,139 receiving yards on 52 receptions with seven receiving touchdowns in 2023. His 21.9 yards per reception ranked second in the nation and helped him earn a First-Team All-Big 12 selection. 

https://atozsports.com/kansas-city/chiefs-ucf-javon-baker-demarcus-robinson-top-30-visit-2024-nfl-draft/

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Gotta trust the Chiefs' evaluations, but from what we know, Worthy isn't my favorite.  Would be nice to see a true long term #1 X receiver.  Haven't had one since Johnathan Baldwin.  

Baldwin was no WR1. Did you mean Bowe?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Baldwin was no WR1. Did you mean Bowe?

Nope.  Baldwin was the Chiefs first round pick in 2011 (?) from Pitt.  Got in a fight in the locker room in TC and broke his wrist.  Never played worth a hoot and was traded to SFO.  One of the many failed first round picks during the Chiefs dark ages.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Nope.  Baldwin was the Chiefs first round pick in 2011 (?) from Pitt.  Got in a fight in the locker room in TC and broke his wrist.  Never played worth a hoot and was traded to SFO.  One of the many failed first round picks during the Chiefs dark ages.  

Your post said true long term wr1 x. I took it as you thinking Baldwin was that. He was a bust at his draft spot.

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Your post said true long term wr1 x. I took it as you thinking Baldwin was that. He was a bust at his draft spot.

Should have been clearer.  Lost my sarcasm meter logo.  I meant an INTENDED #1 receiver.  Baldwin was about 6'4" and another Pioli contribution to the Chiefs' legacy.  He would have been a bust at any draft spot. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Should have been clearer.  Lost my sarcasm meter logo.  I meant an INTENDED #1 receiver.  Baldwin was about 6'4" and another Pioli contribution to the Chiefs' legacy.  He would have been a bust at any draft spot. 

Well Bowe was the last one worth a shit and we have not drafted many wr at all since 1960 in the first round, 5 total. Since 2000, 3 have been drafted. Morris in 2000, Bowe 2007 and Baldwin in 2011. Might make sense to finally try to help Mahomes with a good WR in round 1. Still I think we need it in the first 2 rounds with our picks for when Brown leaves and whatever happens with Rice. Will need a long term FA next year too to go with this year's pick and Rice, I hope.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Gotta trust the Chiefs' evaluations, but from what we know, Worthy isn't my favorite.  Would be nice to see a true long term #1 X receiver.  Haven't had one since Johnathan Baldwin.  

Best separation, route running and overall receiver skills of all the guys in our range, even discounting the speed.  

Go sell it to someone else.

With the Danna signing we are good at DE. Now WR, OT, then look at TE and DT.  A stud DT next to CJ would be great. Omenihu is fine but won't be back for a few games in season he is on his last year.

51 minutes ago, xen said:

Best separation, route running and overall receiver skills of all the guys in our range, even discounting the speed.  

Go sell it to someone else.

Can you imagine Patrick Mahomes with 2 WR like Brown and Worthy? Personally Worthys teammate is the one I'm highest on out of the all the  WR  "in our range".

Gonna be fun though! Only 3 weeks away. It seems like the draft in KC was a few weeks ago. Time just absolutely flies by. 

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

With the Hughes signing we are good at DE. Now WR, OT, then look at TE and DT.  A stud DT next to CJ would be great. Omenihu is fine but won't be back for a few games in season a f is on his last year.

Who tf is Hughes, Kyle? Seriously DO NOT sleep on Irv Smith II. Dude has massive untapped potential. 

21 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Who tf is Hughes, Kyle? Seriously DO NOT sleep on Irv Smith II. Dude has massive untapped potential. 

Danna.  I see danna and think danna Hughes.  I've has to show he csn put it all together and stay healthy. I hope he can but even if he does, having another TE to develop or be there in case Smith does shit and Kelce calls it quit  etc.

24 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Can you imagine Patrick Mahomes with 2 WR like Brown and Worthy? Personally Worthys teammate is the one I'm highest on out of the all the  WR  "in our range".

Gonna be fun though! Only 3 weeks away. It seems like the draft in KC was a few weeks ago. Time just absolutely flies by. 

I hope 5 qbs go in the first 6 or so picks. The more the better for other talent to fall. Hell I hope someone reaches for Bo Nix before out pick and make it 6 gone.

Not sure which round it should come, but the Chiefs need to draft an interior lineman.  Just looking ahead to 2025, they either have to pay T. Smith a huge bundle or replace him.  Actually, the Chiefs are near the place where they can go BPA after getting a future WR starter.  OT, DT, IOL or double dipping at WR are all possibilities.  They still have cap space to nab a backup OT and/or vet WR after the draft. 

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah A.D. has great potential.  So does Thomas.  I mean this class is crazy.  Honestly I'd be happy with more than a dozen receivers in this draft but I just like Worthy in this offense with Andy's ability to scheme guys wide open.  Sure wish we could get high enough for Odunze.  Love that kid too.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Yeah A.D. has great potential.  So does Thomas.  I mean this class is crazy.  Honestly I'd be happy with more than a dozen receivers in this draft but I just like Worthy in this offense with Andy's ability to scheme guys wide open.  Sure wish we could get high enough for Odunze.  Love that kid too.

So I'm going to need you to name them, in order of preference with no misspellings, emojis or...fuck I've gone cross-eyed. 

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

He was first team “all training camp” selection one year.

Tearing up one's wrist punching out a teammate isn't exactly "all training camp".  If there was something like the Darwin Award for NFL players, Baldwin would certainly be nominated.  

23 hours ago, xen said:

Y Honestly I'd be happy with more than a dozen receivers in this draft but I just like Worthy in this offense with Andy's ability to scheme guys wide open.   

Harrison, Nabors, Odunze, Thomas, Franklin, McConkey, Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, Wilson, Legette, Pearsall, Corley, Walker.

Okay, professor.  Rank them for the Chiefs' needs.  I even threw in a couple of extras since the first three, probably four, are out of reach.  Wilson and Corley are the only ones under 6' AFAIK.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Harrison, Nabors, Odunze, Thomas, Franklin, McConkey, Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, Wilson, Legette, Pearsall, Corley, Walker.

Okay, professor.  Rank them for the Chiefs' needs.  I even threw in a couple of extras since the first three, probably four, are out of reach.  Wilson and Corley are the only ones under 6' AFAIK.  

Obviously Nabors number 1.

jim-nabors-gettyimages-3244495.jpg?crop=