1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Ex-Texas Longhorns DL T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI

Does he drop even further now? Would you want him end of round 2?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39895470/ex-texas-longhorns-dl-tvondre-sweat-arrested-dwi

No!  Not only stupid judgement, but how about trying to trim down a bit before OTAs?

We need talent at IDL. I would take him at 64 if he was there.  We could use an actual 1 tech that can handle double teams.    Wonder if that will make him drop into the 3rd round.  

20 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I see arm length greater than 34 inches....but you get the idea.

Yeah.  i think Veach has actually commented that 34 minimum is a requirement of theirs for tackle.

The consensus seems to be Barton will move inside to center or guard.  Morgan iffy to stay outside.  

Some more:

Amegadjie 36 1/8

Fisher 34 3/8

Foster 34 5/8

Christian Jones 34 1/2

Rosengarten 33 1/2

McCormick 33 7/8

Man, good year to need a tackle

Think I would be looking at feet instead of arms at the OT position. I know I don’t know Diddley but with DE and OT I always hear about teams scrutinizing arm length. It’s like QB or WR with height. You don’t want a QB or WR that is 5’6”, but the difference between 6’1” and a 6’5” is not related to height IMO. Please pick an OT in round one based on feet. I would say the same for WR if we go there. Gives a shit about height or length. Give me tape. 

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

Think I would be looking at feet instead of arms at the OT position. I know I don’t know Diddley but with DE and OT I always hear about teams scrutinizing arm length. It’s like QB or WR with height. You don’t want a QB or WR that is 5’6”, but the difference between 6’1” and a 6’5” is not related to height IMO. Please pick an OT in round one based on feet. I would say the same for WR if we go there. Gives a shit about height or length. Give me tape. 

Well if they have short t Rex arms, they can't fight off at length to use their feet too. I am not saying feet doesnt matter, it does a lot but how much does it matter if you are being engaged at a length where feet doesn't help?

Think of range on a fighter as an example. You can dance around all you want, but once that jab keeps hitting you, it will have an effect. I want great feet, but you also want arm length to be more  34 inches or so. People can be taught better footwork, you can't teach the arm length.

16 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Well if they have short t Rex arms, they can't fight off at length to use their feet too. I am not saying feet doesnt matter, it does a lot but how much does it matter if you are being engaged at a length where feet doesn't help?

Think of range on a fighter as an example. You can dance around all you want, but once that jab keeps hitting you, it will have an effect. I want great feet, but you also want arm length to be more  34 inches or so. People can be taught better footwork, you can't teach the arm length.

Spinx had 6 inches of reach on Tyson. 😁 No I hear you. It just isn’t the top on my wish list. 

20 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Tbh there really is times where the QB escapes pressure and are within inches of a defenders grasp. Those OTs with extremely long arms have a natural advantage there. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I like Sinnott but don't think the Chiefs will prioritize him on day two.  If he lasted until #131, they might go for him.  Doubt that could happen.

I seriously doubt he gets past day two.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

well since we draft at the end of the first.... would you give 2 of them and a 2nd day pick?

No.  Veach has done just fine drafting at the end of rounds.  

Just now, SEMO said:

No.  Veach has done just fine drafting at the end of rounds.  

I agree. I do think him not having a first, when he did before, has done well too though. 

Never trade two firsts or more for anything less than an elite QB.  There's too great of a risk of getting a bust and crippling the franchise for years to come.  It might make sense to trade  a late first and next years third for that last plug and play LT, but for the Chiefs this year, a move down to get second round WR and OT before #50, for example, would seem better.