41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Never trade two firsts or more for anything less than an elite QB.  There's too great of a risk of getting a bust and crippling the franchise for years to come.  It might make sense to trade  a late first and next years third for that last plug and play LT, but for the Chiefs this year, a move down to get second round WR and OT before #50, for example, would seem better.  

Well QBs bust too. Look at last years trade for the Panthers. While I don't think we would do this, WR like this have been traded. Now could you imagine if we got a better than Chase type WR on this team?  One can dream lol.

Legette

4.39 seconds

Here's how the 6-foot-1, 221-pound South Carolina native performed at the combine: 40-yard dash: 4.39 seconds (9th among 30 WRs) 10-yard split: 1.54 seconds (20th among 30 WRs) Vertical jump: 40 inches (6th among 31 WRs)Mar 4, 2024

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/xavier-legette/32004c45-4714-5351-c48c-d286b74bea32

Suamataia OT.

Prospect Info

COLLEGE

BYU

HOMETOWN

CLASS

Orem, UT

R-Sophomore

HEIGHT

6’ 5’’

WEIGHT

326 lbs

ARM

34 1/4’’

HAND

10 5/8’’

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well QBs bust too. Look at last years trade for the Panthers. While I don't think we would do this, WR like this have been traded. Now could you imagine if we got a better than Chase type WR on this team?  One can dream lol.

Of course QBs can bust, but sometimes it's worth the risk to get that 10+ year leader of the franchise.  Near impossible to win without one.  That's not the case for other positions.  While a Chase would obviously make the Chiefs a lot better, they can win without him and use those two or more firsts to fill other needs or a lesser Chase.  Even picking late in the rounds, two firsts is just too much.  

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

About the way I would rank them although I think Polk belongs in there at about #12.  The Chiefs' talent evaluators will be working hard to find the flaws and upsides that we can't know about.  Hope they get it right. 

54 minutes ago, jetlord said:

About the way I would rank them although I think Polk belongs in there at about #12.  The Chiefs' talent evaluators will be working hard to find the flaws and upsides that we can't know about.  Hope they get it right. 

I refuse to take seriously any list that has Worthy listed that low.  Better drop rate and much better routes than the guys at 4 and 5.  Much more complete route tree (those 2 need a ton of work outside of the 2 or 3 routes that were asked to execute).  Much better speed, explosion and YAC.  

It says he needs to land in the right place.  Great.  Andy is the right coach for him.  

unnamed__2_.webp

I'm not opposed to Worthy if the Chiefs' staff thinks he's the best fit for them.  For the moment, I'm not convinced.  Track speed is fine for the combine, but doesn't always translate to the football field.  As for drop rate, the difference between Worthy and Mitchell is 0.1 or 0.2 percent. (Can't tell from the chart)  That's one drop out of 1000 or 500 targets.  We could live with that if they make one extra catch because of height.  And there's the possible issue of how durable Worthy will be at his current weight or will he lose some of that speed if he bulks up ten pounds?  That's all on the Chiefs draft guys to figure out and I'll be happy with most (not all) on that list if that's what they think fits best. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I'm not opposed to Worthy if the Chiefs' staff thinks he's the best fit for them.  For the moment, I'm not convinced.  Track speed is fine for the combine, but doesn't always translate to the football field.  As for drop rate, the difference between Worthy and Mitchell is 0.1 or 0.2 percent. (Can't tell from the chart)  That's one drop out of 1000 or 500 targets.  We could live with that if they make one extra catch because of height.  And there's the possible issue of how durable Worthy will be at his current weight or will he lose some of that speed if he bulks up ten pounds?  That's all on the Chiefs draft guys to figure out and I'll be happy with most (not all) on that list if that's what they think fits best. 

Tell me you've not watched him play without saying that.

As far as the speed guys, I'd say with Worthy and Thomas you can see it on the field.  With A.D. Mitchell that timed speed doesn't always show as much as the other 2.

18 hours ago, xen said:

Tell me you've not watched him play without saying that.

As far as the speed guys, I'd say with Worthy and Thomas you can see it on the field.  With A.D. Mitchell that timed sH

Yeah Worthy isn't he prototypical track guy.  Dude is quick and runs good routes.  Dude isn't Tyreek but he's probably as close as they come.

Plus Worthy is the perfect compliment to Rice.  Brown can help him the first year and give us two deep speedsters and then next year we let Brown walk for hopefully a big pay day and we have our two long term wr's on the roster.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Jared Wiley from TCU is another interesting one.  Day 3 to me though.  Former high school QB.  Didn't do jack squat at Texas before he transferred.

Excellent athletic profile and big.

Giovanni Manu

OT

UBC Thunderbirds

Senior

6’7”

352 lbs

Arm Length- 35 1/2” (89%)

Wingspan- 83 1/2” (79%)

NFL Combine/Pro Day:

40-Yard Time- 4.96s (92%)

Vert- 33.5” (94%)

Broad- 107 (72%)

Shuttle- 4.91s (20%)

Bench- 23 (50%)

59 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Giovanni Manu

OT

UBC Thunderbirds

Senior

6’7”

352 lbs

Arm Length- 35 1/2” (89%)

Wingspan- 83 1/2” (79%)

NFL Combine/Pro Day:

40-Yard Time- 4.96s (92%)

Vert- 33.5” (94%)

Broad- 107 (72%)

Shuttle- 4.91s (20%)

Bench- 23 (50%)

Sounds like a perfect 7th round pick. With no 6th, I can't see us spending one of our two 5ths on him. 

33 minutes ago, Boone said:

Sounds like a perfect 7th round pick. With no 6th, I can't see us spending one of our two 5ths on him. 

Let him learn LT and maybe replacement for Thuney at LG. His shuttle wouldn't be needed as much inside.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Let him learn LT and maybe replacement for Thuney at LG. His shuttle wouldn't be needed as much inside.

Maybe OG would be his best bet.  Learn for a year and be ready to replace Thuney or T. Smith in 2025.  The Chiefs may need to replace both for cap reasons.  

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe OG would be his best bet.  Learn for a year and be ready to replace Thuney or T. Smith in 2025.  The Chiefs may need to replace both for cap reasons.  

If he fell to late 2nd, Cooper Beebe would be a huge get at G. The value for him at that spot would be worth it.

36 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If he fell to late 2nd, Cooper Beebe would be a huge get at G. The value for him at that spot would be worth it.

I also like Beebe on the Chiefs but don't think they can get him.  If there are WRs and OTs available when the Chiefs pick in the first two rounds, that should be the priority and Beebe won't last until the third.  Of course, trades could throw all the predictions into the trash.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

I also like Beebe on the Chiefs but don't think they can get him.  If there are WRs and OTs available when the Chiefs pick in the first two rounds, that should be the priority and Beebe won't last until the third.  Of course, trades could throw all the predictions into the trash.  

With what OG's are getting now it wouldn't suprise me at all if we didn't use our 2nd on an OG to be the main backup first year and then slide into RG next year.  I wouldn't love it but I would totally understand if they wanted to trade up and get a OT in the first and then draft an OG in the 2nd.  Cost controlled OL at two spots knowing Thuney, Taylor, and soon Creed will be making a lot.  Again wouldn't like it but would understand.

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

With what OG's are getting now it wouldn't suprise me at all if we didn't use our 2nd on an OG to be the main backup first year and then slide into RG next year.  I wouldn't love it but I would totally understand if they wanted to trade up and get a OT in the first and then draft an OG in the 2nd.  Cost controlled OL at two spots knowing Thuney, Taylor, and soon Creed will be making a lot.  Again wouldn't like it but would understand.

Agree with your thinking, but feel the 2nd is too early considering the needs at WR and OT.  One possibility would be the OG from Michigan, Zak Zinter, who was terrific all season until he fractured his tibia or fibula at the end of the season.  That probably dropped him to at least the third round.  The Chiefs could use him because they don't need a new starter this year and can wait for any recovery time still needed.  Could be like drafting Tre Smith.  Get "damaged" property at a bargain. 

I wouldn't expect an OG in rounds 1-3 unless they were going to be an immediate starter.  If that's the plan, why not wait until next year and start a rookie?  I don't see a major risk in doing so...we did that with Hudson, Morse, Trey (if not for medical, he would have been a day 2), and Creed.

I'm expecting rounds 1-3 being WR, OT, and DT (in any particular order).  Save the depth/future starter projections for rounds 4-7 this year or wait until in the early rounds next year.

42 minutes ago, Boone said:

I wouldn't expect an OG in rounds 1-3 unless they were going to be an immediate starter.  If that's the plan, why not wait until next year and start a rookie?  I don't see a major risk in doing so...we that with Hudson, Morse, Trey (if not for medical, he would have been a day 2), and Creed.

I'm expecting rounds 1-3 being WR, OT, and DT (in any particular order).  Save the depth/future starter projections for rounds 4-7 this year or wait until in the early rounds next year.

Good points, but who's going to replace Allegretti?  Chiefs would have been in a world of hurt without him in the SB.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good points, but who's going to replace Allegretti?  Chiefs would have been in a world of hurt without him in the SB.

Caliendo?  Looks like we're a bit light on interior oline so I expect we'll see some additions, but that could also be FA after the draft.  Allegretti did well for us but let's be honest, he was a replacement level player.