Don’t get me started. Protecting the once in a lifetime franchise QB who finally led the Chiefs back to the SB after 50 years and is the face of the dynasty we’ve dreamed of is by far the highest priority. We could draft every stud WR in this year’s draft and it would mean nothing if he’s unable to play because we went cheap on the LT. 

6 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Don’t get me started. Protecting the once in a lifetime franchise QB who finally led the Chiefs back to the SB after 50 years and is the face of the dynasty we’ve dreamed of is by far the highest priority. We could draft every stud WR in this year’s draft and it would mean nothing if he’s unable to play because we went cheap on the LT. 

The post is not all that funny. Although I meant it to be. Gotta get a franchise left tackle on his rookie contract with a fifth year option and make him a first day starter. Gotta protect Mahomes at all costs. That is everything. Nothing else matters.

3 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

The post is not all that funny. Although I meant it to be. Gotta get a franchise left tackle on his rookie contract with a fifth year option and make him a first day starter. Gotta protect Mahomes at all costs. That is everything. Nothing else matters.

As much as I agree I'm not real sure who will be the last Opening Day starter available? I'm not soo sure it's the kid from BYU 

I agree that Kingsley Suamataia might not be the guy they have to draft if they wait until 32. 
For a first day starter they will have to trade up I should think. 
Nobody wants to hear that but the Chiefs do it all the time. Need to get into the teens to get a good one. 

1 minute ago, gochiefsgo said:

I agree that Kingsley Suamataia might not be the guy they have to draft if they wait until 32. 
For a first day starter they will have to trade up I should think. 
Nobody wants to hear that but the Chiefs do it all the time. Need to get into the teens to get a good one. 

How high is too pricy to keep Pat healthy and extend his career? 

I got news for y'all, I don't think having more than a competent LT is that necessary.  Half the time Pat is gonna be scrambling anyway cause that's what he does.  You just need a guy that let's him operate in structure when he needs to.  Far more important in this offense to get some skill guys that can burn up man coverage, which is where we've been struggling.  

For every comment about we won superbowls with average receivers I'd counter with the fact we did the same with average tackles.  Below average actually.  

I'm more worried about what happens when kelce retires, the security blanket is gone, and we still don't have good receivers.  

7 minutes ago, xen said:

I got news for y'all, I don't think having more than a competent LT is that necessary.  Half the time Pat is gonna be scrambling anyway cause that's what he does.  You just need a guy that let's him operate in structure when he needs to.  Far more important in this offense to get some skill guys that can burn up man coverage, which is where we've been struggling.  

For every comment about we won superbowls with average receivers I'd counter with the fact we did the same with average tackles.  Below average actually.  

I'm more worried about what happens when kelce retires, the security blanket is gone, and we still don't have good receivers.  

The current inactivity to either sign a free agent , or endorse a current player at left tackle, speaks volumes. They are drafting at least a couple offensive linemen. One of them is going to be someone they move up for. Let Veach and company do their thing in the latter rounds but this feels almost telegraphed with their free agent inactivity of late. LT is the first pick. IMO 

29 minutes ago, xen said:

as he ages  he wont be as elusive as he is and why not give him the security of not having to scramble if he does not want to? To me he's scrambling to save his life not because " that's what he does".

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

as he ages  he wont be as elusive as he is and why not give him the security of not having to scramble if he does not want to? To me he's scrambling to save his life not because " that's what he does".

Pat has talked about how difficult it is to play LT  for him cause of how much improvises and he does it on his own when their is a clean pocket so I believe their is element of that’s what he does to it.  

how much of the play breaking down and him buying time is cause WRs can’t get open.  

50 minutes ago, xen said:

"The Chiefs can get by with an average LT because Pat can run away after his protection breaks down" is a less than convincing viewpoint.

This is still the NFL and stud LTs are at a premium for a reason. I still remember Pat limping around and screaming in pain because one guy got through and almost ended his season. Yeah, he can scramble with the best of them but an elite LT would give him more time in the pocket. Last season, on his excellent youtube channel  Kurt Warner broke down over a dozen plays where Pat missed seeing a wide open receiver -- often for a TD -- because he was running around dodging defenders. 

I'm looking as much into the next 7 - 9 years as this season. I would like to see Pat enjoy a long, healthy, productive career. An elite LT is crucial for making that happen.

I want the Chiefs to get an elite LT as much as anyone, but it seems it will be hard to do where they’re picking. Hoping they can get lucky and find someone later, but that’s a crap shoot. I’m still so happy they won the SB I just haven’t been into the draft like you guys.

They drag the first day of the draft out so long, hopefully I’ll be able to see who the Chiefs pick by the time I get off work.

29 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Pats looking to trade for Aiyuk so that might put WR on the list for the 49ers at 31.  Depending on who they might want they are going to have to trade up in front of the Bills and 49ers.

He is wanting to be top paid wr. He is good, but not that good.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Keep picking those QBs, 6 I hope go in the first, and talent will fall to us or at least a better trade up as we might not have to trade up that far.

I want the Chiefs to move up to get Thomas Jr.or one of the OTs. My fear is we sit and get another FAU type pick. Not that he is terrible but minimal contribution early on.