2 minutes ago, West said:

Chiefs will have a much improved offense as long as they can lock down LT....

The defense will still be stellar.

They are making the right moves to enable the 3Peat.

It always comes down to health and a few breaks along the way IF you have a real chance to start with.

w

I think we may go DT if no OT is worth it. Improve the line tremendously by getting a good DT next to Jones. I expect an OG for development too as Veach is thinking ahead for Trey Smith and Thuney. 

I believe our LT will be a guy in FA or a cut player with Morris still getting reps in case the LT goes down. I think the Chiefs have Bakhtiari on speed dial after the draft. They have done their examines and can take the chance knowing Morris would get most of the season with reps if he had to replace him. 

DT, OG, TE from our next picks would go a long ways in improving and setting up depth etc for next year. OT would be nice, I just don't want to reach when we could get a bpa in those other positions.

With two fourths, would anyone have a problem if the Chiefs used on to nab a RB?  Say Shipley or Davis is there and Veach doesn't think either will last until the fifth.  I think OL and DT are high priorities, but depending on how the board looks at pick #133, someone to replace McKinnon might be worth it.  

Truth is none of us knows what Xavier Worthy will bring to the Chiefs. We hope he can stay healthy. We hope he is smart and picks things up quickly. We hope his game translates to the NFL level. We hope he and Patrick can find some chemistry early. I've seen a lot of speedy WRs go in the the first round of drafts and do little or nothing for their career. I'm not so smug as to proclaim with any certainty that this one is different. My faith in Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes does give me some hope. Fortunately he doesn't have to come in and be a savior. Just a good contributor.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I  

I believe our LT will be a guy in FA or a cut player with Morris still getting reps in case the LT goes down. I think the Chiefs have Bakhtiari on speed dial after the draft. They have done their examines and can take the chance knowing Morris would get most of the season with reps if he had to replace him. 

No one seems to mention Charles Leno, the WASH LT who is a FA with nine years experience.  Would he be better or worse than Donovan Smith or even Bakhtiari?  I know nothing about him except that he's 32 and an experienced starter at LT.  Will there be OTs released after the draft that are worthwhile looking at?  Hope this all becomes a moot point after tonight.  

We did bring in Kris Jenkins DT from Michigan for one of our visits. He may need to be traded up for around 45 ish though. We also brought in Boyd from UNI who may be the guy at DT in the 4th round.

I would love to know what the Chiefs' plan is for the OT position. There are still a couple decent ones available in Rd 2. But the Chiefs would need to move up significantly to get either. But if the plan is grab an available vet then I want interior defense to get a close look 

Just now, dhitter said:

I would love to know what the Chiefs' plan is for the OT position. There are still a couple decent ones available in Rd 2. But the Chiefs would need to move up significantly to get either. But if the plan is grab an available vet then I want interior defense to get a close look 

Well Paul or the BYU OT may be there in the 4th too. With everyone going in on OT some will fall. Defense run will happen because so many did fall and get pushed back.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well Paul or the BYU OT may be there in the 4th too. With everyone going in on OT some will fall. Defense run will happen because so many did fall and get pushed back.

ESPN has Paul as the #100 best player remaining. Suamataia from BYU is listed at #42 which means he could easily go in round 2. Roger Rosengarten from Washington is #30.

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

ESPN has Paul as the #100 best player remaining. Suamataia from BYU is listed at #42 which means he could easily go in round 2. Roger Rosengarten from Washington is #30.

Nfl network had them much later. I think a run on CB, WR and a few RB may push some one done.

15 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Also 100 bpa available left after round 1? From pick 32 that would put him at 132? About our 4th round pick we have at 131 and 133 I think they are.

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Also 100 bpa available left after round 1? From pick 32 that would put him at 132? About our 4th round pick we have at 131 and 133 I think they are.

Oh no doubt Paul will be available to us whether it's at #64 or possibly later. Is he a guy they covet? I don't know .

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Nfl network had them much later. I think a run on CB, WR and a few RB may push some one done.

Fortunately, the Chiefs and the NFL network talking heads don't always agree.  

Just curious.  Who did the Chiefs fear would take Worthy before pick #32?  My guess is SFO but who knows?

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Fortunately, the Chiefs and the NFL network talking heads don't always agree.  

Just curious.  Who did the Chiefs fear would take Worthy before pick #32?  My guess is SFO but who knows?

I am thinking maybe SF or a team jumping in from the early 2nd round and grabbing him. Maybe it was why Panthers moved up one spot to not only get the guy left they wanted but also the 5th year option.

There could have been a team not only wanting him but also the 5th year too. It is so funny though the Bills pretty much did it for trade swaps only.  They received no real bounty at all as the points were exactly the same.

Well it’s time to submit my facebook post that indicates a murky; but clear act of violence, if they don’t draft a LT to protect Mahomes in this draft. See what I did? I had to revise my initial threats of proposed violence to include the entirety of the 2024 draft at this point. Draft someone to protect Mahomes you rat bastard idiots. 

1 minute ago, xen said:

Polk is a really good receiver.  Shame

And the run on WR still goes on. Cb and RB to come.  This will only push better talent at OT or DT to us. I hope we get a chance at a 3rd too. I am surprised cooper demean is still out there. He can play outside/inside and even saftey plus he is a punt returner who had a 1st round grade.