1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Meh.  He is a ways away.

I’ll trust Veach, though.

Find me a left tackle with his size and athleticism this late.  Ceiling is higher than most of the tackles in this draft.  I agree he needs technical work but he's also only 20.  

1 minute ago, xen said:

Find me a left tackle with his size and athleticism this late.  Ceiling is higher than most of the tackles in this draft.  I agree he needs technical work but he's also only 20.  

I'm pumped we got him at the end of the 2nd round.  At some point we have to develop some of these premium positions.  Spending a couple picks on finding your long term LT are picks well spent.    

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Put your gun up.  I don’t dislike the pick.  It was good value there.  Hopefully, he develops.  Quickly.

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Put your gun up.  I don’t dislike the pick.  It was good value there.  Hopefully, he develops.  Quickly.

I hope he can too.  If he can develop into an above avg starter year 2 and then good LT years 3-4 then this pick will be a homerun.  We don't need Trent Williams at LT but we need an upgrade over Donovan Smith level play on a cost contolled contract.  Hope its works out but he has all the tools.

All teams are excited about their picks, but I have to say that Veach's 1-2 punch this time is pretty damned good for a team that has won 2 superbowls in a row and is picking last in every round prior to trades. The two most needed spots filled by guys absolutely in the top tier. The D may be down a little because of Sneed, but the O is up a LOT.  A better balanced, deep, young, championship team.  Who knows what might happen to one ot two of the guys on day 3.  Add in the FA signings including retention of our main D line guys, and I just have to bow before Veach.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Our first 4th rounder is forever and a day away but a few guys that are on my wish list at that spot are.

Khristian Boyd - DT

Dominick Puni -OG/OT

Khyree Jackson - DB

Jaylen Wright  - RB

Leonard Taylor III - DT

Some are gone now, but here's a few still on the board:

DT - Dorlus

WR - Franklin, Rice, Walker

RB - Wright, Davis, Guerendo

CB - Tampa, Abrams-Draine

OG - Lauea, Mahogany

TE - Wiley, Theo Johnson

There's a lot more and many better choices, but these are some that have been prominent in pre-draft discussions.  Any that you hope the Chiefs snag?

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Some are gone now, but here's a few still on the board:

DT - Dorlus

WR - Franklin, Rice, Walker

RB - Wright, Davis, Guerendo

CB - Tampa, Abrams-Draine

OG - Lauea, Mahogany

TE - Wiley, Theo Johnson

There's a lot more and many better choices, but these are some that have been prominent in pre-draft discussions.  Any that you hope the Chiefs snag?

How is Franklin still on the board.  I know his combine was atrocious but his film is pretty good. Gets open a lot and has deep speed.   

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

How many and what round picks do we have left ? 

Round 4 we have picks 31 and 33

Round 5 we have pick 24

Round 6 pick 35

Round 7 pick 28

5 total picks left.

Hope Veach can find a DT that can contribute in the rotation.  My priorities are IOL (Mahogany?), another WR, and RB.  Veach might find a CB for Merritt to train up.  Theo Johnson looks like a stud TE but there's a reason he didn't produce much in college and he's slid down the board.  My guess is that Veach will have a few targets and move up in the fourth or fifth to get them.  

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

wonder if we can get Franklin and another TE

Maybe Franklin has been taken off most teams' boards.  Adonai Mitchell slid for a reason and Franklin has dropped even further.  We don't see the warts or sit in on the interviews.  The Chiefs have taken a number of prospects with red flags such as Hill and Peters so Franklin would have to be pretty severe to be taken off their board. 

Just now, Boone said:

DT, OG, RB, TE, and S

Why S?  More depth is good at any position, but I don't see any third day pick beating out Reid, Cook, or Conner.  Maybe a future replacement for an expensive Reid would be nice.  The Chiefs have definite needs at the other four positions in the near future as well as adding depth.  There are no credible backups for the interior line and the RB room is also thin.

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why S?  More depth is good at any position, but I don't see any third day pick beating out Reid, Cook, or Conner.  Maybe a future replacement for an expensive Reid would be nice.  The Chiefs have definite needs at the other four positions in the near future as well as adding depth.  There are no credible backups for the interior line and the RB room is also thin.

I don't see Veach exiting the draft without picking someone in the secondary. CB has more depth, and having another safety on a rookie contract puts us in a good position with Reid's contract expiring or if Cook needs more time coming back from that nasty injury.