those two tight end sets, became truly dangerous, you all keep saying you want big receivers.. in Andy's world those are called tight ends..  We have 3 true burners, i mean really fast guys.. 

1 I am very curious about... it will be i interesting to see how he adjusts from rugby. but 23 mph on a rugby pitch is fast. stupid fast. 

like faster than reek ever hit on a football field fast.. 

add in 2 other guys with 2.2  kind of speed. 

and two big tight ends with huge catch radius's..  and we are in good shape  .. 

running back.. well... we will find a backup running back.. 

21 minutes ago, robgar said:

those two tight end sets, became truly dangerous, you all keep saying you want big receivers.. in Andy's world those are called tight ends..  We have 3 true burners, i mean really fast guys.. 

1 I am very curious about... it will be i interesting to see how he adjusts from rugby. but 23 mph on a rugby pitch is fast. stupid fast. 

like faster than reek ever hit on a football field fast.. 

add in 2 other guys with 2.2  kind of speed. 

and two big tight ends with huge catch radius's..  and we are in good shape  .. 

running back.. well... we will find a backup running back.. 

No doubt. 
What I love best is that we can adjust based on what defenses are doing. You want go deep shell, sure no problem. Wanna play man, sure no problem. Wanna bring a saftey down and play single high, sure no problem. 
if they want to fuk around, they gonna find out! 
let’s go chiefs! 

Pre-Draft Analysis

Nourzad started 20 games at right tackle at Cornell, started at center for Penn State the past two seasons and played some guard in 2022. He's at his best climbing and combo-blocking to the second level. He can pull around the corner and lead block. And Nourzad digs in and anchors against bull-rushers in pass protection. He has the length, quickness and size to develop into an effective interior pass-blocker. -- Steve Muench

Now need a DT. I would double up on DT the next 2 picks. Boyd is one I hope is still there. A better Nnadi for sure in year 1 I bet with taking up blocks and stuffing the run.

Pre-Draft Analysis

Boyd is a combine snub who fires off the ball, shoots his hands and knocks blockers back on contact. He has outstanding upper-body strength, presses blockers off his frame, locates the ball and sheds in time to make the play. He can occupy double-teams and help keep his linebackers clean. Boyd is big and strong with a low center of gravity, and while he doesn't have great change-of-direction skill or closing burst, he chases the quarterback with good effort. -- Steve Muench

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Cook was playing well before injury. Look for him to progress even more this year 

Yeah, I like him quite a bit. Gonna be a great rotation back there. Lot of credit needs to be given to Merritt and we are fortunate he hasn't been plucked to be a DC elsewhere. 

Spags loves 3 safeties out there and this will allow them to continue doing that for the foreseeable future. He does such a good job of drafting for now and in the future so free agents leaving aren't as impactful. 

Well so far veach has pulled excellent value out of every round.  

FWIW Dane Brugler, who does The Beast, one of the best prospect breakdowns out there, has Hicks as his top rated safety. 

Screenshot_20240427_161237_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Freshman All-American

Honorable Mention All-Pac-12; 37-yard INT TD; Blocked FG

HT WT
COMBINE 6017 211
PRO DAY 6023 215

HAND
9 3/8
9 1/4

ARM
31 1/2
31 7/8

WING
76 1/4

76 3/8

40-YD 20-YD 10-YD

4.50 2.65 1.58

VJ
37 1/2

BJ
10'2"

SS 3C BP
4.37 6.88 16

STRENGTHS: Looks the part, with the frame of a small line backer and athleticism of a corner... rangy run defender and flies downhill from depth to contain outside runs or make stops at or behind the line ... mirrors well laterally when asked to play in the box ... stout, physical striker ... looks to tune up his target and dislodge the
football at contact... former high school cornerback and covers tight ends well in man coverage ... has a feel for zone coverage and understands how to balance his sightlines between the pocket and routes ... will take advantage of mistakes by the quarterback (see pick six vs. Colorado State in 2023) ... has a knack for disguising his intentions pre-snap and brings the noise as a blitzer with his top-down closing speed ... coaches put a lot on his plate and tested his versatility across multiple positions (also had a blocked field goal in 2023) .. durable and played in every game the last two seasons, including 23 consecutive starts.

WEAKNESSES: High-cut and needs to dean up his tackling form ... doesn’t always see what he tackles, and his misses are usually from dropping his eye level and
prematurely leaving his feet (also had an unnecessary roughness penalty vs. 2023 Arizona State in 2023)... anticipation and efficiency sorting through his keys should
continue to improve with experience... late to locate climbing blocks and can do a better job with his take-on hands ... ball-hawking skills lessen the further away
from the line of scrimmage ... some NFL Scouts have voiced concern about him growing out of safety... wasn't used as a regular on special-teams coverages in 2023.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Washington State, Hicks played strong safety in defensive coordinator Jeff Schmedding's 4-2-5 base and was asked to play the deep half, deep middle, in the box and over the slot. A late bloomer when he arrived in Pullman, the coaches kept putting more and more on his plate, and he developed into one of top defensive backs in the Pac-12. With his versatile skill set, Hicks has the speed to play high and the toughness to play low, filing the alley with urgency or covering big targets in space. Although his read anticipation is a work in progress, he plays confident and free, trusting his athletic instincts to help him make plays.

Overall, Hicks is a rangy, intimidating presence, both downhill and on the back end, and he offers the multi-dimensional traits to develop into an NFL starter. He
projects as a scheme-friendly safety who should also contribute immediately on special teams.

GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 39 overall)

11 minutes ago, xen said:

Well so far veach has pulled excellent value out of every round.  

FWIW Dane Brugler, who does The Beast, one of the best prospect breakdowns out there, has Hicks as his top rated safety. 

Screenshot_20240427_161237_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Freshman All-American

Honorable Mention All-Pac-12; 37-yard INT TD; Blocked FG

HT WT
COMBINE 6017 211
PRO DAY 6023 215

HAND
9 3/8
9 1/4

ARM
31 1/2
31 7/8

WING
76 1/4

76 3/8

40-YD 20-YD 10-YD

4.50 2.65 1.58

VJ
37 1/2

BJ
10'2"

SS 3C BP
4.37 6.88 16

STRENGTHS: Looks the part, with the frame of a small line backer and athleticism of a corner... rangy run defender and flies downhill from depth to contain outside runs or make stops at or behind the line ... mirrors well laterally when asked to play in the box ... stout, physical striker ... looks to tune up his target and dislodge the
football at contact... former high school cornerback and covers tight ends well in man coverage ... has a feel for zone coverage and understands how to balance his sightlines between the pocket and routes ... will take advantage of mistakes by the quarterback (see pick six vs. Colorado State in 2023) ... has a knack for disguising his intentions pre-snap and brings the noise as a blitzer with his top-down closing speed ... coaches put a lot on his plate and tested his versatility across multiple positions (also had a blocked field goal in 2023) .. durable and played in every game the last two seasons, including 23 consecutive starts.

WEAKNESSES: High-cut and needs to dean up his tackling form ... doesn’t always see what he tackles, and his misses are usually from dropping his eye level and
prematurely leaving his feet (also had an unnecessary roughness penalty vs. 2023 Arizona State in 2023)... anticipation and efficiency sorting through his keys should
continue to improve with experience... late to locate climbing blocks and can do a better job with his take-on hands ... ball-hawking skills lessen the further away
from the line of scrimmage ... some NFL Scouts have voiced concern about him growing out of safety... wasn't used as a regular on special-teams coverages in 2023.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Washington State, Hicks played strong safety in defensive coordinator Jeff Schmedding's 4-2-5 base and was asked to play the deep half, deep middle, in the box and over the slot. A late bloomer when he arrived in Pullman, the coaches kept putting more and more on his plate, and he developed into one of top defensive backs in the Pac-12. With his versatile skill set, Hicks has the speed to play high and the toughness to play low, filing the alley with urgency or covering big targets in space. Although his read anticipation is a work in progress, he plays confident and free, trusting his athletic instincts to help him make plays.

Overall, Hicks is a rangy, intimidating presence, both downhill and on the back end, and he offers the multi-dimensional traits to develop into an NFL starter. He
projects as a scheme-friendly safety who should also contribute immediately on special teams.

GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 39 overall)

Nice write up. He seems to fit well. Withe what Spags does. Could be asked to play deep zone, rush the passer and cover the TE on a single 3 down series. They really nailed it with Conner later in last years draft. Love to see this DB room get young talent to develop. 

Kamal Hadden

Smart corner but has some injury issues.  Was Vols best corner when on the field.  Long and can press.  Feels like another Spags special.  Got hurt all 3 years in Tennessee though.  

CB

Kamal Hadden

FOLLOW

6'1"

196 lbs

Tennessee

POS RK

OVR RK

GRADE

Pre-Draft Analysis

Hadden can read receivers, has his eyes on the quarterback and breaks on the ball in off-coverage. He shows good instincts and awareness passing off routes in zone looks. Hadden also has the ability to disrupt receivers getting off the line in press coverage. Although he has smaller hands, he can pluck the ball out of the air -- he intercepted five passes over the past two seasons. -- Steve Muench

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

Draft Projection

Round 6

Overview

Big cover corner with the athletic talent and skill set to employ in a variety of coverages. Hadden has the feet and strength to redirect routes from press but can be a little tight in his transitions when trying to simply mirror and match the release. He anticipates route breaks with timing and steams in to break up throws. The ball skills are fine, but there can be too much panic and grab once he falls behind because of his subpar deep speed. Hadden has good size and ball skills and improved his coverage squeeze in 2023. He has the length to annoy receivers from press and can sit back and read routes from zone, but he may need to be protected by scheme due to a lack of speed.

Strengths

Well-built with good length and strength outside.

Bounces and slides for extended mirror and match from press.

Sticky feet for stop-start action in vertical-route phase.

Much more agile and sticky with his man coverage in 2023.

Tracks and adjusts to deep ball from shuffle and constricts catch space.

Anticipates breaks from off-man and charges into the throwing lane.

Voracious in attacking perimeter blocks on quick screens.

Weaknesses

Season-ending shoulder injury will need to be vetted.

Allows vertical separation from his shuffle technique.

Plays with some hip tightness that limits fluid transitions with the route.

Can be too content to hold or interfere when coverage panic sets in.

Effort level can be very spotty as a run defender and tackler.

I am not mad at all going S and CB. Keep the flow of young and athletic guys coming to learn from and develop into players. Allows us to make those tough decisions of who we keep when their first year contracts are up. I do wish we would get a DT though. Overall we did get great value in area of need at WR and LT. We got depth at OG/C if Smith does not get resigned. A good TE to learn from Kelce with a huge pass radius and them there are the depth and youth in the secondary.  Next year of who we resign or go afternin FA I think DT may be priority 1.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I am not mad at all going S and CB. Keep the flow of young and athletic guys coming to learn from and develop into players. Allows us to make those tough decisions of who we keep when their first year contracts are up. I do wish we would get a DT though. Overall we did get great value in area of need at WR and LT. We got depth at OG/C if Smith does not get resigned. A good TE to learn from Kelce with a huge pass radius and them there are the depth and youth in the secondary.  Next year of who we resign or go afternin FA I think DT may be priority 1.

I know hes inconsistent but no idea why Leonard Taylor is still there.  I thought he'd go a few rounds earlier.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I know hes inconsistent but no idea why Leonard Taylor is still there.  I thought he'd go a few rounds earlier.

More of a 3 technique guy? Need a 1 tech to line up next to Jones to take on the runners and double teams. I mean if they can get him line up next to Jones and play it well, on passing downs especially, then I am all for it. I want a guy to play all 3 downs if possible. Don't know much about what he was asked or can do for Miami.

Fabien Lovett Sr.

Fabien Lovett Sr.

Fabien Lovett Sr. headshot

FABIEN LOVETT SR.

FLORIDA STATE

DT

Prospect Info

COLLEGE

Florida State

HOMETOWN

CLASS

Vicksburg, MS

Senior

HEIGHT

6’ 4’’

WEIGHT

314 lbs

ARM

35 1/2’’

HAND

10 3/8’’

Prospect Grade

Will Eventually Be Average Starter

Average

View All Prospects

Score Breakdown

Production Score

2024 Combine DT Rank: 22nd

Athleticism Score *est

2024 Combine DT Rank: 15th

Total Score

2024 Combine DT Rank: 19th

Player Bio

2018 (Mississippi State): Redshirted. Played in 2 games as a reserve (no statistics).

2019 (Mississippi State): Started all 13 games (19 tackles, 2.5 TFL with 1 sack).

2020: Played in 8 games with 2 starts (14 tackles, 1 sack). 

2021: Honorable Mention All-ACC. Played in 11 games with 9 starts (28 tackles, 4.5 TFL with 2 sacks).

2022: Honorable Mention All-ACC. Started 7 games (10 tackles, 2 TFL with 1 sack). Missed 6 games with a lower-leg injury.

2023: Played in 13 games as a reserve (22 tackles, 4 TFL with 1 sack, 3 PBUs).

Son, Fabien Jr., was born in the fall of 2021, three months premature. He set up a GoFundMe account to help with medical expenses, raising almost double his $10,000 goal. 

-- by Chad Reuter

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein

NFL Analyst

Draft Projection

Round 5

NFL Comparison

Eddie Goldman

Overview

Lovett is a wide-bodied, two-gapping impediment to running attacks looking to impose their will between the tackles. He blends long arms, big hands and a powerful lower half to withstand double-teams and leverage his gap with consistency. He lacks the snap quickness to disrupt in gaps or attack the pocket as a rusher, so his blue-collar toughness can't be quantified by box-score scouting. He understands his job is to bring the work to whomever may be in front of him. His run-plugging talent could create early playing time for him at nose for 4-3 or 3-4 stop units.

Strengths

Movements are compact, balanced and powerful.

Has the talent and technique to split double-teams and leverage his gap.

Carries a tree stump for a base, forcing blockers to slide off their sustain.

Quick punch and extension allow him to control single blocks.

Heavy hands should give him the ability to improve as a pass rusher.

High football character with desire to help his team.

Weaknesses

Relatively pedestrian production in impact categories.

Doesn't come off the ball with much quickness.

Needs less fist-fighting and quicker discards versus the block.

Below-average lateral quickness to counter zone blocks.

Plodding feet likely to keep him off the field on pass rush downs.