FOLLOW

6'4"

314 lbs

Florida State

POS RK

OVR RK

GRADE

Pre-Draft Analysis

Lovett is a three-time team captain with the size and strength to anchor even though he plays high. He has outstanding length and can press blockers off his frame. He was more consistent getting off blocks, locating the ball and making plays on his 2023 tape than in 2022. With powerful hands, Lovett flashes the ability to push the pocket and uses his long arms to get his hands up in passing windows rushing the passer. -- Steve Muench

25 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

More of a 3 technique guy? Need a 1 tech to line up next to Jones to take on the runners and double teams. I mean if they can get him line up next to Jones and play it well, on passing downs especially, then I am all for it. I want a guy to play all 3 downs if possible. Don't know much about what he was asked or can do for Miami.

He was their nose.  Light for a nose but good against the run and showed some real flashers as a rusher.  Just wildly inconsistent and would just disappear at times.  When he's on it, looks great though

I love this draft. We are so much better in speed with Xavier and Hollywood FA signing. We drafted a good pass catching TE to develop with Kelce. OT was addressed and the IOL at G with Smith coming up on FA year then Thuney the following. Still think we go after an OT after cuts just in case but I can see DT for sure. The offense is younger, faster and more reliable for weapons now for Mahomes to go along with a very young defense.

The Safety pick will allow us to see him and let Reid walk of need be. Veach always playing ahead of the game and if you are in a contract year and they draft your position.......

We only lost Sneed on defense really in FA and replaced him with one pick that was very good value and very similar in height, weight, arm length, hands etc. Looking back at Sneeds strength and weaknesses and we can see how well they compared.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/l'jarius-sneed/3200534e-4523-7684-351f-445a251aa795

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kamal-hadden/32004841-4423-0716-2b52-5ce6bc2fb341

Allegretti replaced.  Edwards replaced.  Sneed replaced. (not equal to what Sneed did, yet)  The only loss not covered was Gay.  With upgrades at WR and maybe OT plus some picks to cover the future, this has been a pretty good draft if most of the picks work out.  

4 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Good draft overall.  Addressed a few needs and some depth.  Good value picks without having to make any large moves around the board.

Now we have the UFA'S  and rookie contracts.  After we find out how much money is left, we could pick up a really good vet on a one year deal  in the summer after some releases. So, its not over.

26 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Good draft overall.  Addressed a few needs and some depth.  Good value picks without having to make any large moves around the board.

I agree. I really like the depth added to the o line. TE room is gonna be cooking as well. 
camp is gonna be competitive and that’s exactly what we want. 

7 hours ago, xen said:

Safety.  Kid runs with his hair on fire.  He's a spags DB.  Good blitzer.

RGR said Dane Brugler had him as his top safety.   Dane is pretty good so that is encouraging but at this point how can anyone doubt the DB's selected by the Chiefs.   

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

RGR said Dane Brugler had him as his top safety.   Dane is pretty good so that is encouraging but at this point how can anyone doubt the DB's selected by the Chiefs.   

Scroll back a page or 2 and i posted the full breakdown by brugler.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Sorry Xen, was gone all day to a deaf kids event and just got home.  Scrolled back 3-4 pages and was responding to an earlier post, then I saw your post.   Brugs had him as a 2nd round pick.  Love the value there.  Thought we got great value throughout the draft and filled some immediate needs and upcoming needs potentially.  

Multiple rb’s signed . Love veach. He is so in tune with team needs:

I used to wonder what team Carl Peterson watched. 

and some of the other gms around the league 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Were there some injury histories that dropped him down to the fourth?  Seems that I heard something about a shoulder plus another ouchy that held him back a bit. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Were there some injury histories that dropped him down to the fourth?  Seems that I heard something about a shoulder plus another ouchy that held him back a bit. 

That was the CB Hadden that had the shoulder injury 

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Sorry Xen, was gone all day to a deaf kids event and just got home.  Scrolled back 3-4 pages and was responding to an earlier post, then I saw your post.   Brugs had him as a 2nd round pick.  Love the value there.  Thought we got great value throughout the draft and filled some immediate needs and upcoming needs potentially.  

No biggie just thought u might like to read the report.  Great pick.