This golden era and Veach remind me of the very old days of Lamar Hunt, GM and CEO Jack Steadman, Hank Stram, Len Dawson, and the super bowl  IV championship team and how Jack Steadman almost single-handedly destroyed the Chiefs for decades.  GM's determine the whole thing in the long run. Jack Steadman, after the original great success, was someone who the organization left to do virtually everything. He ran the whole ship and had no time to put the full work into maintaining the talent level. And look what happened. By insider accounts, Jack Steadman used his profile and position to mainly screw.  Serously.  He spent all of his time chasing women and hiring women for that purpose throughout the entire organization.  He considered himself the great playboy as guys like that used to call themselves. His life became partying and bedding as many women as possible.  He was constantly partying and enjoyed his reputation for using the success of the Chiefs in that era to get laid as much and as often as humanly possible.  The Chiefs slowly became a laughingstock of fuitilty, losing every year as the old players gradually faded away and were never replaced by talent that were evaluated and researched.  Many of us here have been aware of what happened and how long it took to right the ship beginning with the Marty and Vermeil eras.  I just feel compelled to mention all this, because the GM really builds the teams in the NFL.  The best and longest lasting and hardworking GM's create the lasting powerhouses. Clark Hunt is 10 times the owner that his dad was.  We have to give thanks for having the organization we have now and not forget how bad it can get when we don't. Sorry for the (once more) excessively long post.  I just think of the past and how bad it can get when the wrong people are put in control.

Far different time Fumbles, far different time.  Pretty much every powerful person attempted to get laid as often as possible throughout history. I did not know Steadman but his results as a GM were truly horrible.

Let's not forget that Hunt Sr. was responsible for trading Cotton Davidson to the Faders and turned that into another HOfer.

I like Clark Jr but it's hard to evaluate one over the other in terms of character.  Clrak has 3 SB's....he wins for performance.

w

3 hours ago, West said:

Far different time Fumbles, far different time.  Pretty much every powerful person attempted to get laid as often as possible throughout history. I did not know Steadman but his results as a GM were truly horrible.

Let's not forget that Hunt Sr. was responsible for trading Cotton Davidson to the Faders and turned that into another HOfer.

I like Clark Jr but it's hard to evaluate one over the other in terms of character.  Clrak has 3 SB's....he wins for performance.

w

i wasn't talking about the characters of either Hunt, just their committment to putting he best football minds in control of the operation, not the best politicians or  the best womanizers. The Chiefs  all knew about Steadman, along with everyone in the business community in KC. But Steadman was a schmoozer and socialite by design, not a football mind.

Hunt senior cared only about his oil fortune and making money by competing in Kansas City vs. competing against the Cowboys in Dallas. Clark is a trust fund baby.  He only wants to make his own name by having the best sports franchises. As far as getting laid the most, you are right. It has always been the truth about holding and using power, at least for men.  The difference is in the long term happiness of a person. One leads to long term failure, the other leads to its opposite. Steadman's long lasting failure is the perfect example.