Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

It certainly doesn't look good.

It didn't look good for Hill going into the draft a few years ago, either.  Innocent until proven guilty, my brothers.

Agree.  We should wait before panicking or passing judgement.  But we can all remember when Hill was questionable and the Chiefs picked Hardman as a precaution.  Don't need that again.  

As a car guy, yeah this is very stupid. I hope it wasn't him. I wish there was more knowledgeable people at the rookie symposium who could talk to these dudes. I say more because it's not enough (clearly). There are car clubs and dedicated tracks around the U.S. where you can drive your cars fast, learn how to drive, and get it out of your system. 

I was young and stupid with cars so I get it. With the money these guys make they could easily hire someone or join a club where they could have fun with their cars without endangering other people. The issue is most of them are ignorant of this information. I get so annoyed when young guys see me in my car around Atlanta and Florida trying to race me. 

56 minutes ago, qnet said:

I wish there was more knowledgeable people at the rookie symposium who could talk to these dudes.  

Do you really think  a newly minted 20 y.o. millionaire  who's been pampered and praised since junior high is going to listen?  They are immortal and can impress their posse with their new toys.  A few will listen, but most are above it.  That's why such a high percentage are bankrupt within a few years of retirement after making millions.  

I think a Zoom call from Ruggs in prison might not be a bad idea. He is in a Nevada prison and working at the Stewart Conservation Camp for $2.50 an hour. That would get my attention. 

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

News media and Chiefs front office BREAKING NEWS:    Crickets

Not sure the media nor the Chiefs really know what's going on.  If the Chiefs do, they are better off letting it settle before issuing the usual "we'll let the legal system work before making any statement" release.  Don't dare say anything meaningful. 

Is there a way for the Combine to include a test for, and give a rating for, emotional and mental maturity?  It would be more useful than "wingspan." I guess if they need to use avian references, there should be a "bird brain index."

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not sure the media nor the Chiefs really know what's going on.  If the Chiefs do, they are better off letting it settle before issuing the usual "we'll let the legal system work before making any statement" release.  Don't dare say anything meaningful. 

Yeah. Better to say nothing than the usual meaningless drivel they release when they don't definitely know something for sure.

27 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah. Better to say nothing than the usual meaningless drivel they release when they don't definitely know something for sure.

You had to expect this.

BREAKING Statement from Chiefs WR Rashee Rice and his lawyer Royce West: “On behalf of Rashee Rice, his thoughts are with everyone impacted by the automobile accident on Saturday. Rashee is cooperating with local authorities and will take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly. Any and all requests for comment can be directed to his attorney Mr. Royce West of West & Associates, LLP."

22 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

BREAKING Statement from Chiefs WR Rashee Rice and his lawyer Royce West: “On behalf of Rashee Rice, his thoughts are with everyone impacted by the automobile accident on Saturday. Rashee is cooperating with local authorities and will take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly. Any and all requests for comment can be directed to his attorney Mr. Royce West of West & Associates, LLP."

That is the STATEMENT?  What a joke!  Makes me feel like he was there whether he was driving or not.  If he was not involved, why wouldn't he just say that?

20 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

That is the STATEMENT?  What a joke!  Makes me feel like he was there whether he was driving or not.  If he was not involved, why wouldn't he just say that?

good lord.. it's lawyer speak & of course he was there there are pics to prove it

49 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Is that real?

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Is that real?

C'mon man.  We've all been around long enough to know that once lawyered up, nothing will be said.  "Every thing you say can and will be used against you."  Even protesting innocents can be damaging at this point.