Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

26 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

His "thoughts are with everyone impacted"  Mostly him.  He is impacted a lot.  I am assuming he was the driver of the Corvette when I write this, but charges would include speeding, reckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident.  Those three obvious crimes have penalties enhanced by "reckless disregard for the life of others."  Here is  an explanation from MyLawQuestions.com  :

"when someone acts with reckless disregard, they commit an act they know is probably illegal and that could harm people, but they don’t have an actual intent to harm a person or people. "

https://www.mylawquestions.com/what-is-reckless-disregard.htm

I would say that he would do prison time followed by some supervised release, and it could all be pretty lengthy.  Maybe 2 years?  It could be further enhanced if he had drugs on board.  I wonder if he was hiding to allow time for any blood levels to decline.  Anyway, the only question is whether he was driving. If he was, then we are looking for another receiver as high as we can find one.  In my opinion, he is done as a Chief. Sad for him and his teammates and the whole organization.  Sad for us.

Had a chance to absorb this. Got to quote my friend. “Jeez-o-Pete” I was really hoping for that OT in round 1. Picked my son up at MU and went to St. Louie last weekend and went go cart racing. Let’s do that. Rent the whole damn place out. I’ll buy.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

His "thoughts are with everyone impacted"  Mostly him.  He is impacted a lot.  I am assuming he was the driver of the Corvette when I write this, but charges would include speeding, reckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident.  Those three obvious crimes have penalties enhanced by "reckless disregard for the life of others."  Here is  an explanation from MyLawQuestions.com  :

"when someone acts with reckless disregard, they commit an act they know is probably illegal and that could harm people, but they don’t have an actual intent to harm a person or people. "

https://www.mylawquestions.com/what-is-reckless-disregard.htm

I would say that he would do prison time followed by some supervised release, and it could all be pretty lengthy.  Maybe 2 years?  It could be further enhanced if he had drugs on board.  I wonder if he was hiding to allow time for any blood levels to decline.  Anyway, the only question is whether he was driving. If he was, then we are looking for another receiver as high as we can find one.  In my opinion, he is done as a Chief. Sad for him and his teammates and the whole organization.  Sad for us.

Yeeaaa...I don't think he'll be going to prison. He may get cut, but I don't think he's going to prison...He's got money. A little anyways..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yeeaaa...I don't think he'll be going to prison. He may get cut, but I don't think he's going to prison...He's got money. A little anyways..

Money will get you probation, but not avoid a conviction.  So far in this country, bribing a jury is still a crime.

19 hours ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think he gets cut. Just an uninformed opinion, but he is cheap with great upside and it is not as bad as international violence. Just youthful stupidity.

What do you think would happen if people had died in the accident?  Involuntary manslaughter.  The Chiefs are not going to allow it.  They let Kareem Hunt walk, no further questions asked.  Chiefs won't put up with it. The Chiefs front office and ownership will kick him out.  Afterall, he damaged a Corvette, which is bigger deal than a vacuum cleaner.

41 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What do you think would happen if people had died in the accident?  Involuntary manslaughter.  The Chiefs are not going to allow it.  They let Damien Williams walk, no further questions asked.  Chiefs won't put up with it. The Chiefs front office and ownership will kick him out.  Afterall, he damaged a Corvette, which is bigger deal than a vacuum cleaner.

According to one report, Rice rented the Lambo and was the only one authorized to drive it.  Was the 'Vette also his?  Here's an idea.  Get two sports cars and race them on a well used highway.  Hold my beer. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think he gets cut. Just an uninformed opinion, but he is cheap with great upside and it is not as bad as international violence. Just youthful stupidity.

My guess is he will be on a short short leash.  Can't imagine him getting cut when no one was seriously hurt.   We are looking at a lengthy suspension though (think they are going to make an example out of him).  I'm not sure this changes our draft plans any though.  Easier to find another wr still out in FA than a LT, same for the draft.  Could be way off base but unless more damning info comes out I don't think he is getting cut.

55 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What do you think would happen if people had died in the accident?  Involuntary manslaughter.  The Chiefs are not going to allow it.  They let Damien Williams walk, no further questions asked.  Chiefs won't put up with it. The Chiefs front office and ownership will kick him out.  Afterall, he damaged a Corvette, which is bigger deal than a vacuum cleaner.

Well no one did die so I don't think he gets cut because of a hypothetical situation.  He will get charged and probably get probation and be put on a short leash.  The NFL will make an example of him and give him a lengthy suspension (6-8 games).  They didn't cut Frank Clark for gun possession felony.  They didn't cut Gay for a Domestic Violence issue.  Doubt they cut Rashee for being an idiot and racing his car.   Yes if he had seriously hurt someone then maybe they cut him but he didn't so I doubt they will unless more damning info comes out.   

This is all speculation, but apparently, the reason he allegedly left the scene with his friends is they had weapons. I once thought Rice was a smart dude, but if this is true; that only applies to football.

12 hours ago, qnet said:

This is all speculation, but apparently, the reason he allegedly left the scene with his friends is they had weapons. I once thought Rice was a smart dude, but if this is true; that only applies to football.

Is having a weapon illegal?  This didn't happen in NY or California.  My guess would be drugs or a high BAC but that just speculation without any news on it. 

17 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Well no one did die so I don't think he gets cut because of a hypothetical situation.  He will get charged and probably get probation and be put on a short leash.  The NFL will make an example of him and give him a lengthy suspension (6-8 games).  They didn't cut Frank Clark for gun possession felony.  They didn't cut Gay for a Domestic Violence issue.  Doubt they cut Rashee for being an idiot and racing his car.   Yes if he had seriously hurt someone then maybe they cut him but he didn't so I doubt they will unless more damning info comes out.   

Someone did get seriously injured, but what difference does it make anyway?  Should the penalty be determined by the luck of any other car passengers on the road or by the act itself? It's the same act. The result was different - personal injury rather than involuntary manslaughter, but that is a legal issue, civil versus criminal, not an issue in the NFL organization (or shouldn't be). But, yes.  Probably 8 game suspension. But what if they found a gun or guns in the car, or scheduled drugs? Maybe an intent to harm is the difference?  I don't know. The Chiefs are pretty intolerant of looking publicly irresponsible.

19 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Someone did get seriously injured, but what difference does it make anyway?  Should the penalty be determined by the luck of any other car passengers on the road or by the act itself? It's the same act. The result was different - personal injury rather than involuntary manslaughter, but that is a legal issue, civil versus criminal, not an issue in the NFL organization (or shouldn't be). But, yes.  Probably 8 game suspension. But what if they found a gun or guns in the car, or scheduled drugs? Maybe an intent to harm is the difference?  I don't know. The Chiefs are pretty intolerant of looking publicly irresponsible.

Facts matter Bil not emotions

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/04/01/rashee-rice-accident-car-crash-dashcam-video-dallas-texas-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/73166666007/

"Dallas police said two drivers were treated there for minor injuries and two other people were taken to a hospital with minor injuries. "

43 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

8 game suspension? People have done worse and had less suspension. I think 4 games with him them taking 2 after appeal.

Some suspensions from an article 2 years ago but you get the gist. Look and see what they did for number of games suspended.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/08/18/notable-suspensions-under-nfls-personal-conduct-policy/50613645/

Garrett had a high speed crash with injuries too. He was a higher profile player that had many instances if speeding before this crash.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/investigations/3news-investigates-cleveland-browns-star-myles-garrett-stopped-six-times-speeding-before-crash/95-566a5848-4719-4f9f-945f-e97d4fd090db

I dont think he even was suspended 

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Facts matter Bil not emotions

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/04/01/rashee-rice-accident-car-crash-dashcam-video-dallas-texas-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/73166666007/

"Dallas police said two drivers were treated there for minor injuries and two other people were taken to a hospital with minor injuries. "

You're right. There were about 4 MINOR injuries.  No serious injuries. I should have never relied on a single source.