Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

On 4/1/2024 at 8:11 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

What do you think would happen if people had died in the accident?  Involuntary manslaughter.  The Chiefs are not going to allow it.  They let Kareem Hunt walk, no further questions asked.  Chiefs won't put up with it. The Chiefs front office and ownership will kick him out.  Afterall, he damaged a Corvette, which is bigger deal than a vacuum cleaner.

Kareem Hunt was released bc he lied to the chiefs about the incident. As an organization, and specifically Andy Reid, they are all about second chances.  This has zero parallels to the Kareem Hunt situation. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Well, at least he was driving a cheap model of Lamborghini.  

That and apologizing to the police ought to do it.  It's a done deal.  Problems solved LOL.   I wonder if he brought the police a box of donuts.  Maybe Roger Goodell likes donuts, too?

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Kareem Hunt was released bc he lied to the chiefs about the incident. As an organization, and specifically Andy Reid, they are all about second chances.  This has zero parallels to the Kareem Hunt situation. 

They ARE about second chances.  But it wasn't the lying that pissed off the Chiefs. The Chiefs happen to like vacuum cleaners and they couldn't risk such a thing happening again. Hunt actually damaged a very expensive Italian vaccum cleaner.  And then he fled the scene.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=vacuum+cleaner+made+in+italy&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Ffedemark.ee%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F09%2FPC35-Tools-Evolution-landscape.jpg

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They ARE about second chances.  But it wasn't the lying that pissed off the Chiefs. The Chiefs happen to like vacuum cleaners and they couldn't risk such a thing happening again. Hunt actually damaged a very expensive Italian vaccum cleaner.  And then he fled the scene.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=vacuum+cleaner+made+in+italy&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Ffedemark.ee%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F09%2FPC35-Tools-Evolution-landscape.jpg

once again Bil Facts Matter!

Willie Gay beat up the vacuum

Hunt drop kicked a chic in a hallway then lied to Clark and Andy  about it.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Well, since facts matter, the chic was already on the floor, so he didn't exactly "drop kick" her  ;)

9 minutes ago, Boone said:

Rice's lawyer stated that Rashee was the one driving the lambo... that fact makes the whole thing a lot messier.

Not really. No one was seriously hurt.  He will make amends with the victims and plea down to a lesser charge. We have seen NFL players get traffic violations before and not much happens.

I mentioned Myles Garrett as a recent example. He was caught multiple times for high speed driving, a few of them over 100, and he then one time flipped it putting himself and passenger in the hospital.  Go see what he got for that.....nothing. I will say he didn't leave the scene but still will be a plead down for him.

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Not really. No one was seriously hurt.  He will make amends with the victims and plea down to a lesser charge. We have seen NFL players get traffic violations before and not much happens.

I mentioned Myles Garrett as a recent example. He was caught multiple times for high speed driving, a few of them over 100, and he then one time flipped it putting himself and passenger in the hospital.  Go see what he got for that.....nothing. I will say he didn't leave the scene but still will be a plead down for him.

I understand what you're saying, but if he wasn't the driver, he wouldn't even have to plea anything down. The fact that he was in control of the vehicle that crashed does escalate the situation. 

Hopefully everything turns out alright (proper restitution and acceptable punishment) and he's learned not to be a dumbass.

4 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, since facts matter, the chic was already on the floor, so he didn't exactly "drop kick" her  ;)

Spfd, facts only matter when you are not making a joke. I still think that vacuum cleaner must have been an expensive Italian one, like that Lamborghini.

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Are you sure?  I could have sworn is was KH. Anyway, "never kick a woman when she's already down". That's my motto. I always wait until she stands up.

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

What if someone did get hurt? Does the lack of injury make Rice's behavior less bad?  Really?  If someone had been killed, there would be a manslaughter charge.  What would the Chiefs do with that? Seriously.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What if someone did get hurt? Does the lack of injury make Rice's behavior less bad?  Really?  If someone had been killed, there would be a manslaughter charge.  What would the Chiefs do with that? Seriously.

What if no one gets charged. Play the what if game all day. Someone got hurt with the Garrett high speed crash. He recieved no suspension. 

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You have a point.  Rice did what he did and it was luck that no one was seriously injured.  But that's the way the law (and life) works.  Fire a gun and hit nothing and you may be charged with a gun violation.  Hit someone and you can be charged with murder.  Same foolish action, same intent, and a life changing different result.  BTW:  I think the lawyer said they contacted the Dallas police Saturday night which takes away some of the "hiding from the police" narrative.  Still left the scene of the accident he caused, but it seems he wasn't cowering in hiding for two days.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

You have a point.  Rice did what he did and it was luck that no one was seriously injured.  But that's the way the law (and life) works.  Fire a gun and hit nothing and you may be charged with a gun violation.  Hit someone and you can be charged with murder.  Same foolish action, same intent, and a life changing different result.  BTW:  I think the lawyer said they contacted the Dallas police Saturday night which takes away some of the "hiding from the police" narrative.  Still left the scene of the accident he caused, but it seems he wasn't cowering in hiding for two days.  

True.   Maybe he will get off with a just a warning an a two game suspension as others have said. I've had cars racing exactly like that, going over a hundred and weaving in and out on I-70 between KC and Topeka. Scared the crap out of me.  I have seen it a couple of other times, also.  I have been told this is some kind of deal that young guys do now. I have even seen it in town, although they may have been going only 80. I was almost killed a month ago coming off an exit ramp from I-470 in Topeka.  At the top of the ramp there was a blinking red arrow light.  Just after it turned green, the car ahead of me turned, and I was turning left right behind him.  A kid whizzed through th intersection with a cop chasing behind him.  He went no more than 3 feet from my bumper after I reflexively slammed on the brakes.  He was probably going 60 and definitely would have killed me if I had been 10 feet further into the intersection.  It's better to be lucky than good.  Rice and I were lucky...but not good.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

pretty much what Seth Keysor said whom is a Chiefs Blogger and OBTW a prosecuting Attorney. He had a good interview with Soren Petro yesterday and the bottom line is "what ifs dont count" and what Rice's Attorney said today was almost verbatim what Seth said he would, "Young Kid , nor priors dumb mistake"

Seth Keysor is a contributor to The Athletic NFL, serving as a film/data analyst for the Kansas City Chiefs. He previously covered the Chiefs at SB Nation for more than seven years and is a full-time attorney in Minnesota. He has his own substack, "Chief In The North," where he also writes about the Chiefs and the NFL.

9 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Seth is always spot on.

Yeah.  He had a great explanation on the KCSN podcast on YouTube today.  Have to scroll past all the other other antics but that part was serious and probably spot on.  

49 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Well, looking like my FULL BLOWN MORON statement in the title has become pretty effing accurate!  What a dumbass.  If you're gonna flee the scene, GRAB THE DAMN WEED!

At that point, clear headed thinking probably wasn't part of the equation.