Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

8 minutes ago, artsy said:

Well, I know one thing..

He better hope that he doesn't get cut cause this is about to cost him his entire rookie contract. After the court cost, attorney fees, civil suits, and insurance company lawsuits, he will have to moonlight in the offeseason to make ends meet. (And he deserves every bit of the pain he's about to feel)

Just like someone posted earlier, I hope the young man learns from it.

+1.  He has to pay some sort of price.  He is not getting cut, but a suspension is in order.  4 games sounds fair, and will hopefully wise his ass up.  Plus, there is paying off that Lambo, and, like you said, the civil suits are going to break him.

You would think the Ruggs incident would have got through to these kids.  Carter last year, and Rice this year.  Yes, they are kids, and I did some major stupid shit back then, but these guys don't realize the opportunity that they have.  Don't throw it away.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Well, I know one thing..

He better hope that he doesn't get cut cause this is about to cost him his entire rookie contract. After the court cost, attorney fees, civil suits, and insurance company lawsuits, he will have to moonlight in the offeseason to make ends meet. (And he deserves every bit of the pain he's about to feel)

Just like someone posted earlier, I hope the young man learns from it.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

- Steven Wright

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

He already publicly accepted responsibility and stated he will make everyone whole.  He's gonna get sued into the stone age.

Veach could construct a whole new contract out of that. It would cost nothing under the cap. Chiefs would just pay his legal judgements over the life of the contract.

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case – six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault, according to the warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Ouch. I was hoping for one count of Shit Happens. 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/rashee-rice-dallas-texas-crash-charges-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/287-55b4ae10-a0c3-4bc3-b82d-a826d4b80ddf

12 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Rice, 23, now faces eight charges in the case – six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault, according to the warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Ouch. I was hoping for one count of Shit Happens. 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/rashee-rice-dallas-texas-crash-charges-kansas-city-chiefs-nfl/287-55b4ae10-a0c3-4bc3-b82d-a826d4b80ddf

Lol...as everyone keeps point out....This did happen in TEXAS. 

His ass is GRASS..

Rice has turned himself in and posted $40,000 bond.  Where does it go from here?  Could plea guilty and cut a deal with the prosecutor and judge for sentencing.  Could go to trial, but that seems counterproductive since he's admitted guilt and there's video.  Like OT, I'll await the Mueller report but it seems we'll know the outcome sooner rather than later.  Big danger for Rice is that he'll be held up as a example and the court will want to use him as an example of why not to go street racing.  

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Rice has turned himself in and posted $40,000 bond.  Where does it go from here?  Could plea guilty and cut a deal with the prosecutor and judge for sentencing.  Could go to trial, but that seems counterproductive since he's admitted guilt and there's video.  Like OT, I'll await the Mueller report but it seems we'll know the outcome sooner rather than later.  Big danger for Rice is that he'll be held up as a example and the court will want to use him as an example of why not to go street racing.  

There has been plenty of other examples that could have been made before this. They will cut a deal, 4 game suspension he will appeal to 2 and we go from there.  Veach will use this later on in negotiations if any other red flags pop up too.

27 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Why would he have that in his car anyway (especially a rented one)? Chiefs should cut him for that, alone.

Has that been confirmed?  Plenty of rumors and speculation going around and that one seems a little tough to believe.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Has that been confirmed?  Plenty of rumors and speculation going around and that one seems a little tough to believe.  

Maybe studied it at traffic lights or in line at McDonalds.  Yes, it is hard to believe.  People say all kinds of shit.

27 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I'm well acquainted with driving on Dallas highways and 119, while excessive, is not as far above normal traffic as you might think.

In Dallas, everyone is either driving 100 mph or 0 mph. Not much traffic in between. 

In El Paso the 0 speed drivers are in the left lane.