Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

Just now, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

In Dallas the 0 speed drivers are in all lanes enduring a traffic jam. Every day.

I hate driving in Dallas. 

I wish I could bluebtooth connect to their phones and bitch them out.

3 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I'm well acquainted with driving on Dallas highways and 119, while excessive, is not as far above normal traffic as you might think.

In Dallas, everyone is either driving 100 mph or 0 mph. Not much traffic in between. 

This is correct.

The irrational me keeps thinking to myself that we need to proceed as if he's not on the roster. The last time we did that we drafted Mecole Hardman. Oof. 

The logical part of my brain thinks this will end up being something like time served, probation, community service and a 2 game suspension from the league. 

To me, the wildcard is still the injuries it caused. And him walking away from the scene is a ridiculous embarrassment. But that may have saved him from getting a DUI. So there's still moving pieces here.

Kids do dumb shit. I hope this will make him grow up quickly. The true measure of his character may be how he responds to this, and his decision making going forward. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Kids do dumb shit. I hope this will make him grow up quickly. The true measure of his character may be how he responds to this, and his decision making going forward. 

Rice graduated from high school, went to college, has a job, makes a fortune, and is old enough to serve in the military and buy a beer.  That doesn't make the "kid" excuse very meaningful.  Doing what he did with his homies and leaving the scene has already measured his character.  Whether he learns and changes his lifestyle is the part that is still to be decided.  

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The irrational me keeps thinking to myself that we need to proceed as if he's not on the roster. The last time we did that we drafted Mecole Hardman. Oof. 

The logical part of my brain thinks this will end up being something like time served, probation, community service and a 2 game suspension from the league. 

To me, the wildcard is still the injuries it caused. And him walking away from the scene is a ridiculous embarrassment. But that may have saved him from getting a DUI. So there's still moving pieces here.

You can't fix stupid. The guy is in his early 20's.  He will mature and he may learn some new things in his life, but this action indicates pure stupidity. He will always be a risk...in a marriage, to any kids he eventually has, to other people, and to the Chiefs.  He would do something stupid right before the playoffs  and kill the team's concentration and chances.  Sorry, it is too much risk for a huge and successful franchise.  I don't trust him and never will.  You may think this is harsh...and I suppose it is. It is also a selfish view, because I am a big fan of the Chiefs and their chemistry.  Having him will be a continual risk.

We have replaced other good players before.  Good receivers can be found. I had great hopes for him. We all did.  But he is a powder keg who eliminates stability, consistency, trust, and the hopes and chances of other players who work their asses off.

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You can't fix stupid. The guy is in his early 20's.  He will mature and he may learn some new things in his life, but this action indicates pure stupidity. He will always be a risk...in a marriage, to any kids he eventually has, to other people, and to the Chiefs.  He would do something stupid right before the playoffs  and kill the team's concentration and chances.  Sorry, it is too much risk for a huge and successful franchise.  I don't trust him and never will.  You may think this is harsh...and I suppose it is. It is also a selfish view, because I am a big fan of the Chiefs and their chemistry.  Having him will be a continual risk.

We have replaced other good players before.  Good receivers can be found. I had great hopes for him. We all did.  But he is a powder keg who eliminates stability, consistency, trust, and the hopes and chances of other players who work their asses off.

Come on Fmbl.  While some never grow out of this phase of their life, plenty do.  Most of us have done things that could have put others in danger and most of us were fortunate enough that our stupidity didn't.  Acting like no one can change is ridiculous.  Step back from that ledge my friend.   That stupid kid as a rookie acted nothing short of professional and like a veteran of 10 years in the playoffs last year and without him we probably don't win our 3rd SB in the Mahomes era.  

Will he change?  Only he knows. Can he change?  100% he can.  This was one of your worst takes yet and that is saying something.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Come on Fmbl.  This was one of your worst takes yet and that is saying something.

Would you draft him right now? if not, why not? Anyone else want to chime in? Also, why do you feel the need to insult other people who post in here? Do you have a problem with those who you disagree with? Is it a control issue? Insecurity? Actually, I agree with much of what you wrote.  People can change.  What percent, I don't know.  Again, it comes down to a bet.  Would you draft him now? I wouldn't. He puts the team at risk.  Can't have that.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Would you draft him right now? if not, why not? Anyone else want to chime in? Also, why do you feel the need to insult other people who post in here? Do you have a problem with those who you disagree with? Is it a control issue? Insecurity? Actually, I agree with much of what you wrote.  People can change.  What percent, I don't know.  Again, it comes down to a bet.  Would you draft him now? I wouldn't. He puts the team at risk.  Can't have that.

I would draft him. He would fall though and you give second chances. Hill was given that chance and even still did stupid shit. He worked for us though. I was young and dumb. Got a dui at 20. I was speeding in a 30 mph zone coming off interstate speeds. It woke me up, I joined the army and turned myself around. Was only going to go for 3 years, did 24. This is a mistake that while dumb, thankfully did not kill anyone.

I felt the same way of my driving that night. Even after that, I was still a dumb grunt, doing dumb shit too in my early career. He will realize he has a lot to lose and if not, we cut bait and don't look back. I could tell you many more stupid stories, but I am sure many here could do the same.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I would draft him. He would fall though and you give second chances. Hill was given thst chance and even still did stupid shit. He worked for us though. I was young and dumb. Got a dying at 20. I was speeding in a 30 coming off interstate speeds. It woke me up, I joined the army and turned myself around. Was only going to go for 3 years, did 24. This is a mistake thst while dumb, thankfully did not kill anyone.

I felt the same way of my driving that night. Even after that, I was still a dumb grunt doing dumb shit too in my early career. He will realize he has a lot to lose and if not, we cut bait and don't look back. I could tell you many more stupid stories but I am sure many here could do the same.

I've done stupid shit, too. Who hasn't? How old were you,when the lightbulb went on?

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I've done stupid shit, too. Who hasn't? How old were you,when the lightbulb went on?

Like I said, joined the army at almost 21 and still partied and did young dumb shit. Probably 23ish. A lot involved alcohol....go figure. 

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I meant no insult.  You have some crazy takes. Not sure if its overreaction or this is just a safe place to vent for you.  You do overreact a lot, though. A lot of us do but it's normally reserved for the game day threads only.   I didn't call you an idiot or stupid just that that it was a bad take and you seem to have quite a few.  I actually think you are intelligent and while I disagree with many of your takes I enjoy you on this site.  An echo chamber is no fun for a football fan forum.  If I offended you, then I apologize.  I'll be more careful in the future. 

As for drafting him again. I would but this incident would obviously drop him in the draft but it changes nothing about his ability on the field and as his first incident it doesn't form a pattern of poor decision making or trouble.  I mean we drafted a pregnant wife beater, this doesn't even remotely remove a player off our boards imo.  Even the Hunt issue looked horrible but the only reason we cut him was that he lied.  This team is all about giving second chances.  One of our HC's best characteristics is his willingness to give players second chances.  

Yeah, no real offense taken.  I enjoy getting strong reactions and being a bit on the outrageous sideOtherwise, things would get dull.  I just wanted to clear this up, because I just sometimes feel this incredible urge to just kill people in sadistic ways.  I don't know where it comes from, but it is very sudden and often accompanied by profuse sweating and bulging of eyeballs.  I have noticed this problem particularly when reading your posts.

I hope Rashee Rice turns out to worm out of this and grow up and be great for the Chiefs. But I have decided not to hold my breath. 💣

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah, no real offense taken.  I enjoy getting strong reactions and being a bit on the outrageous sideOtherwise, things would get dull.  I just wanted to clear this up, because I just sometimes feel this incredible urge to just kill people in sadistic ways.  I don't know where it comes from, but it is very sudden and often accompanied by profuse sweating and bulging of eyeballs.  I have noticed this problem particularly when reading your posts.

I hope Rashee Rice turns out to worm out of this and grow up and be great for the Chiefs. But I have decided not to hold my breath. 💣

Lol

tumblr_myfz3buzak1r1ad86o3_r2_250.gif

Talk about a thread swerve....

i am still at probation and a 2-4 game suspension.

Rice was not rational and he fled.....He needs to mature.  The good news, he is not lying to anyone and willing to

make "good" to folks.  Give him (and his attorney) credit for that at least.

1 hour ago, West said:

Talk about a thread swerve....

i am still at probation and a 2-4 game suspension.

Rice was not rational and he fled.....He needs to mature.  The good news, he is not lying to anyone and willing to

make "good" to folks.  Give him (and his attorney) credit for that at least.

Hope you're right and as Chiefs fans, we all hope for a good career for Rice with minimal disruptions.  At the least, he's listening to advice to play nice with the situation as it stands now and cut the damages as best he can.  Can't blame the prosecutor in Texas if he tries to make an example of Rice.  That's what they try to do with high profile cases.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hope you're right and as Chiefs fans, we all hope for a good career for Rice with minimal disruptions.  At the least, he's listening to advice to play nice with the situation as it stands now and cut the damages as best he can.  Can't blame the prosecutor in Texas if he tries to make an example of Rice.  That's what they try to do with high profile cases.  

Yeah, and that kind of street racing needs to be stopped. Without pursuing police at the ready (who would also cause accidents), the only effective control is major penalties in the news when caught for the offense.  I am sick of it. I don't see it very often, but it happens both in the city and on I-70.  Someone needs to be made a public example, unfortunately.  Though bad for the Chiefs, there is no better example than this spoiled kid who rents a Lamborghini.  I apologize for being so harsh, but street racing threatens us all and can result in death or permanent paralysis for any of us or our families.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah, and that kind of street racing needs to be stopped. Without pursuing police at the ready (who would also cause accidents), the only effective control is major penalties in the news when caught for the offense.  I am sick of it. I don't see it very often, but it happens both in the city and on I-70.  Someone needs to be made a public example, unfortunately.  Though bad for the Chiefs, there is no better example than this spoiled kid who rents a Lamborghini.  I apologize for being so harsh, but street racing threatens us all and can result in death or permanent paralysis for any of us or our families.

So can just a normal auto accident caused by any other reason.  

hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70