Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

15 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

I didn't say they were, I just said it wouldn't hurt him. But I imagine they have minimum security jails for the drunks and tweakers. I doubt if they throw those guys in with murderers and rapists.

Causing a 6 car pileup while street racing is a little more serious than a speeding ticket. Eight felony charges is a little more serious than a speeding ticket.

And if one of those passengers in the other vehicles had died, then involuntary manslaughter is also a little more serious than a speeding ticket...or having some weed in the car, or leaving the scene of an accident and not turning oneself into the police for 48 hours. Those are different from a speeding ticket.  Even going 120 mph in city traffic seems a little extreme for a plain old speeding ticket.

Let's face it.  The kid is an up and coming receiver, already very good, with a high ceiling, and we all want to win more Super Bowls consecutively than any team in NFL history. I was excited about him.  Kids make mistakes and can grow up, as others have pointed out.  But can the Chiefs afford to build a working scheme that he is part of and then suddenly lose him in the middle of a season (or even an offseason) because of a severe lapse of judgement? Maturity does not happen after a bad outcome of one incident.  It takes some time. Maybe a few years.  Can the Chiefs afford that in the middle of a golden era?  My feeling is no. My feelings are wrong just as often as anybody's.  But they are what they are from the perspective of a 76 year old.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

And if one of those passengers in the other vehicles had died, then involuntary manslaughter is also a little more serious than a speeding ticket...or having some weed in the car, or leaving the scene of an accident and not turning oneself into the police for 48 hours. Those are different from a speeding ticket.  Even going 120 mph in city traffic seems a little extreme for a plain old speeding ticket.

If Pigs had wings Bil ..JFK

6 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Let's face it.  The kid is an up and coming receiver, already very good, with a high ceiling, and we all want to win more Super Bowls consecutively than any team in NFL history. I was excited about him.  Kids make mistakes and can grow up, as others have pointed out.  But can the Chiefs afford to build a working scheme that he is part of and then suddenly lose him in the middle of a season (or even an offseason) because of a severe lapse of judgement? Maturity does not happen after a bad outcome of one incident.  It takes some time. Maybe a few years.  Can the Chiefs afford that in the middle of a golden era?  My feeling is no. My feelings are wrong just as often as anybody's.  But they are what they are from the perspective of a 76 year old.

I do think he can change obviously, but this era is bigger than him and this draft affords us the ability to take two wr's in the off chance he screws up again.  I think we should take it.  I'm tired of these one year rentals at WR.  Lets give Mahomes some young talented guys that he can grow with for the next 5 years. 

Rice does not strike me as an idiot.  He is taking full responsibility for his side of this (Brilliant stroke in wording  by his lawyer) so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.  I am still seeing a plea deal (Misdemeanor) and a 2-4 game NFL suspension.

My fear is LT and interior line depth  as watching Pat Mahomes running for his life is not part of a good plan.

1 hour ago, West said:

Rice does not strike me as an idiot.  He is taking full responsibility for his side of this (Brilliant stroke in wording  by his lawyer) so he gets the benefit of the doubt from me.  I am still seeing a plea deal (Misdemeanor) and a 2-4 game NFL suspension.

My fear is LT and interior line depth  as watching Pat Mahomes running for his life is not part of a good plan.

How about a great pass blocking RB like McKinnon was?  There is at least one of those that came for a top 30 interview.  That would kill two birds with one stone. The best at pass blocking is Jonathon Brooks.

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

How about a great pass blocking RB like McKinnon was?  There is at least one of those that came for a top 30 interview.  That would kill two birds with one stone. The best at pass blocking is Jonathon Brooks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10107767-jonathon-brooks-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-texas-rb

NEGATIVES

— Below-average balance and power. Regularly goes down on first contact. Doesn't move piles.

— Below-average discipline and command as a runner. Often unwilling to hit a gap full speed and embrace contact.

— Suffers from being too creative at times, both behind the line and at the second level. Stops his feet a lot.

Low energy pass protector.

43 minutes ago, West said:

I am still a huge "Jet" fan.  The dude is smart and makes critical plays.

Open arms to get him back.

w

I'm not so sure ..he looked noticeably slower last year, I dont think "Jet" applies anymore we do need JET 2.0 tho

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10107767-jonathon-brooks-nfl-draft-2024-scouting-report-for-texas-rb

NEGATIVES

— Below-average balance and power. Regularly goes down on first contact. Doesn't move piles.

— Below-average discipline and command as a runner. Often unwilling to hit a gap full speed and embrace contact.

— Suffers from being too creative at times, both behind the line and at the second level. Stops his feet a lot.

Low energy pass protector.

I read that he is the most polished pass protector available this draft. but if the rest of it is true, then screw that. I'm  not sure what "low energy" means in pass pro. Sounds like bullshit.  Whoever wrote that is looking for a different kind of runner. Also, "too creative?"  That sounds like a coaching problem to me.  That Bleacher Report summary should be looked at in its totality.  The NEGATIVES section doesn't seem to fit with all the POSITIVE things with him. There are a lot more positives, including speed, exposiveness, moves, etc.

Don't believe anything you hear about Rice being suspended until after the Texas prosecutor does his thing and then the NFL does its thing.  Any speculation before those things happen are just that, speculation.  Wake me when something real happens.  

On 4/30/2024 at 7:06 PM, jetlord said:

Don't believe anything you hear about Rice being suspended until after the Texas prosecutor does his thing and then the NFL does its thing.  Any speculation before those things happen are just that, speculation.  Wake me when something real happens.  

And in the meantime, Get Off Jet's Lawn!!!!

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/rashee-rice-car-crash-suspension

The Kansas City Chiefs reportedly expect wide receiver Rashee Rice to be suspended for at least half of the regular season, according to NFL.com's James Palmer.

Sounds fair.  Obviously, the criminal charges would have to be vacated first.  If that happens, half the season would be fair.

Fair?  I am not sure that is Fair just using the NFL rules.

Let's take a look at what he is convicted of or pleas to.

Then, let's compare those "crimes" against similar "crimes" committed by other NFL Players.

Fair criminal law penalties have to be reviewed state by state.

Rashee should be doing his driving in Cali from that angle.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

when Domestic abusers get 4-6 games..really Bil?

Garrett received one game after multiple high speed incidences leading up to him crashing and injuring himself and a passenger. Sure, 8 games sounds fair......smh 

The NFL is never consistent in their punishment.  This happened right after the combine and was a terrible look for the NFL.  They weren't able to punish Ruggs really and they will definitely want to make an example out of him.   My guess the initial punishment will be big and then a small reduction.  My guess will be 6 games which is fair on one hand (He was reckless and stupid and was repeatedly warned about such things) and unjust on the other (domestic abuser get the same or less).  

On another note the Dolphins just signed OBJ to a 1/3million up to 8 million dollar deal.  Not a bad deal at all.  Kind of surprised we wouldn't have made an offer like that.