Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

Just now, Lamardirts said:

The NFL is never consistent in their punishment.  This happened right after the combine and was a terrible look for the NFL.  They weren't able to punish Ruggs really and they will definitely want to make an example out of him.   My guess the initial punishment will be big and then a small reduction.  My guess will be 6 games which is fair on one hand (He was reckless and stupid and was repeatedly warned about such things) and unjust on the other (domestic abuser get the same or less).  

On another note the Dolphins just signed OBJ to a 1/3million up to 8 million dollar deal.  Not a bad deal at all.  Kind of surprised we wouldn't have made an offer like that.

2 to 4 games. Anything over 2 they will appeal and I can see 2 games.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

2 to 4 games. Anything over 2 they will appeal and I can see 2 games.

That's my hope k, and consistent.   However, my gut says they are going to make an example out of him and it will be over the top and ridiculous.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

when Domestic abusers get 4-6 games..really Bil?

Yep.  The nature of the world, OT.  And if he gets convicted of any of those other criminal charges, worse.  Maybe the whole season.  Maybe never.  Personally, I don't think he will be convicted.  But I agree with the article, half or most of the season. What a stupid thing he did!  Could have killed or paralyzed someone.  Then he fled the scene. Not something we want to see in one of our players, even a budding star.  Other teams have had to deal with something similar. At least Andy's son was merely drunk, not purposefully racing for kicks, and he didn't flee the scene.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

That's my hope k, and consistent.   However, my gut says they are going to make an example out of him and it will be over the top and ridiculous.

Yeah.  I’m guessing 8, appealed down to 6.

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

anyone else notice that Articles come out saying KC may need Vet WR help and then DJ Chark, OBJ and Claypool all sign with AFC Teams

https://www.newsweek.com/sports/nfl/bills-chargers-dolphins-bolster-offenses-top-free-agent-wide-receivers-1897366

Claypool is a big nothing..$8 M for OBJ? no thankyou! Chark hasn't had a solid year in 4 years ...meh

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Claypool is a big nothing..$8 M for OBJ? no thankyou! Chark hasn't had a solid year in 4 years ...meh

it's just nice that the simple mention of the chiefs and a position of need sends several teams into a buyers frenzy 😁 Rent Free Baby

5 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

it's just nice that the simple mention of the chiefs and a position of need sends several teams into a buyers frenzy 😁 Rent Free Baby

It that what happened or are the other teams just trying to fill their rosters with vets?  I think the idea of opposing teams grabbing players just to keep the Chiefs from getting them is overstated.  Might happen once in a while, but most GMs should know that the way to win is to improve one's own team, not hinder another.  

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It that what happened or are the other teams just trying to fill their rosters with vets?  I think the idea of opposing teams grabbing players just to keep the Chiefs from getting them is overstated.  Might happen once in a while, but most GMs should know that the way to win is to improve one's own team, not hinder another.  

yup

I wonder where are his family members right now, surely they could get the point across to him that he is throwing his career away by doing this stupid shit. but then you probably cannot tell him anything because he is like all the twenty somethings who think they know everything. two strikes and it ain't even the summer silly season yet😠

Mistakes are made everyday.  They are teaching moments and opportunities if you choose to make them that, and generally speaking grace is shown.  However, to go out and allegedly do another stupid thing in the middle of the crap storm is definitely a decision.  The old adage "Show me your friends and I'll show you your future" has a lot of merit.  Rice better get his act together quickly.    

Feel bad for Mahomes and the rest of the team that are vying for an historic 3 peat and their best wr has done nothing but draw unwanted attention to the organization.   Guess those scouting reports were more accurate than we had hoped.   Maybe this time will wake the kid up.

Now under investigation by Dallas police for assauting a journalist.

I know journalists/photographers can be purposefully annoying and probably asked him to comment on something with only a lose-lose answer.  But c'mon.  This guy has no common sense, no impulse control, and probably is not too well neuronally-endowed.

He is a disaster waiting to happen and will get himself jailed or suspended right before a playoff game after spending a season being incorporated into the offense, with little chance of getting someone up to speed to replace him.  Release him now!  Sign a receiver at roster cut-downs.

21 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Hate that i was right, this kid is probably done in a chiefs uni!

I still hope he gets his act together but yeah starting to doubt he will.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

How many of these threads do I need to merge before y'all realize there's already a thread.  Not even leaving a link this time.

Get it together folks.

Some of the people in here are probably not to well neuronally endowed.  (Thanks, Bil)

Rice is a moron, at this point i think we  have to say that... 

as to the people who keep ccreating rice is a moron  threads... well..  I'm thinking.. 

I aint got nothing..