Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

it was my understanding that Rice had some Red Flags but man o man Veach & Co really dropped the ball on this guy

The Chiefs tend to do this, They take some guys they really need who have troubled history figuring that they are merely immature and can be counseled.  They have been right sometimes. It gave us a repeat Lombardi.  But this guy is not just immature.  Both episodes represent being just "a bad dude."  Time to give up the experiment and move on. He'll keep doing similar things with some other team and eventually be out of the NFL.  That's my prediction.  And I, of course, wear THE HAT.  The guy is a  

⏱️
💣

Dipfuckery in full effect with this kid. Had the world in the palm of his hands… I’ll never get it..

chiefs should sign hunter renfro to fill the power slot. 
they absolutely have to sign someone now. 

It costs very little to keep Rice, even if he's not playing and we don't know how much time he'll miss.  When he's suspended, I think his roster spot will be opened to someone else.  When he's not, let's see if he can play at last year's level and contribute.  Just cutting him makes no sense at this time.  I'm still willing to wait for the legal processes to play out before making any permanent call on him.  

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

local KC Radio suggests that the Chiefs will not cut him at this time, if they do so then how quick do you think buffalo, baltimore or other teams will pick him up?

Not very fast at all.  They aren't dumb.  They can read the news. It probably best econonically for them to wait and pick up someone after the legal situation is clearer.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Dipfuckery in full effect with this kid. Had the world in the palm of his hands… I’ll never get it..

chiefs should sign hunter renfro to fill the power slot. 
they absolutely have to sign someone now. 

We have 12 billion in cap space.  Let's use it to find a Rice replacement.

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We have 12 billion in cap space.  Let's use it to find a Rice replacement.

Sorry.  I meant million.  I must have been thinking of the economy or aid to Ukraine or something.

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Who are we going to get right now that is worthy? i just looked at the list of FA's not exactly a stellar inspiring list

Doesn't need to be someone stellar, just someone who will stay out of jail, pass go, and collect 200 dollars.

3 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Doesn't need to be someone stellar, just someone who will stay out of jail, pass go, and collect 200 dollars.

Too early.  No one knows how long Rice may be out and there's no FA that's a "must have".  Brown, Worthy, Watson, Toney, and Moore will absorb 95% of the snaps that Rice would have gotten so waiting to see how this plays out makes sense.  Patience, Grasshopper. 

June will bring more free agents....

Rice is very immature and apparently a slow learner and He needs to find new friends for sure.

That said, innocent until proven guilty....let the process play out.

If they cut him it will be just like Hunt was.  Chiefs cut him, officially gets a suspension, and a team picks him up super cheap.  Maybe he stays smart, maybe he doesn't but either way that team can have him for next to nothing and Chiefs are looking to fill a hole rapidly and probably makes a mistake.

1 hour ago, West said:

June will bring more free agents....

Rice is very immature and apparently a slow learner and He needs to find new friends for sure.

That said, innocent until proven guilty....let the process play out.

I'm not even certain we need another receiver.  Our WR room right now, without Rice, is better than what we won the superbowl with the last 2 years.

Let the process play out.  As you say, there will be opportunities to pick receivers up if needed.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I'm not even certain we need another receiver.  Our WR room right now, without Rice, is better than what we won the superbowl with the last 2 years.

Let the process play out.  As you say, there will be opportunities to pick receivers up if needed.

Zay Jones visiting.. I like him.

Rice made a mistake with the street racing thing, but this latest thing is nothing.  The Dallas News reported that two witnesses of the “assault” said there was no physical contact, just verbal arguing.  Telling someone who is taking your picture when you don’t consent is justification for telling someone to fuck if in my book.  

In the quest of being first, internet warriors jumped the gun on the Rice situation. It was clickbait and got people riled up. 

5 hours ago, moons314 said:

Rice made a mistake with the street racing thing, but this latest thing is nothing.  The Dallas News reported that two witnesses of the “assault” said there was no physical contact, just verbal arguing.  Telling someone who is taking your picture when you don’t consent is justification for telling someone to fuck if in my book.  

In the quest of being first, internet warriors jumped the gun on the Rice situation. It was clickbait and got people riled up. 

May be nothing but why is he even out at the club with everything going on.  

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

he's making the rounds with lots of teams Plowboys, Titans and Cards as well

Should be a no brainer unless he is looking for starter money. He is a bigger dude with surprising quicks, and would be able to fill the Rice role adequately until he returns. 

Not a super dynamic receiver, but we've got a couple of those now, so he could be more role specific. I hope this visit results in a signing. He's more than capable of being a day 1 contributor. If healthy, he's an upgrade to MVS without a doubt. 

Worthy, Brown, Jones, Toney, Watson, Moore (with Rice back later) is a lot closer to a depth chart I'd expect them to have for Mahomes to throw to. 

Then again we have won the last 2 Lombardis w/ dogshit at WR so who knows...