Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

Rice is a typical youngster with money, fame and free time.....very difficult concoction to overcome without good friends and great role models....MVPat needs to take the kid under his wing.

47 minutes ago, West said:

Rice is a typical youngster with money, fame and free time.....very difficult concoction to overcome without good friends and great role models....MVPat needs to take the kid under his wing.

Im sure Pat doesn't want to be saddled with this guy. Does he really need the stress?? With that said, I think Rice was a WR that Mahomes wanted??? So maybe he should be "responsible" for babysitting this kid...

I don't believe KC will cut him...just yet. They'll probably sign another Vet FA and roll with that. Like someone mentioned above, the WR room is already better than last years SHIT SHOW.

2 hours ago, West said:

Not typical.  Hundreds of young men join the NFL rosters every year and most don't act like Rice did.  He needs to get rid of his "friends" and adjust to the lifestyle he should now afford, but some can't seem to do that.  There's no reason to think he would listen to Mahomes.  I'm also tired of the excuse that he's just a kid.  Rice is in his twenties, attended college, makes money most people only dream about, and has achieved success including a ring.  He has plenty of advisors and help at his fingertips.  If he decides to keep hanging with the old crowd then there's no sympathy for him from me because he's had plenty of time to change course but apparently hasn't.  

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not typical.  Hundreds of young men join the NFL rosters every year and most don't act like Rice did.  He needs to get rid of his "friends" and adjust to the lifestyle he should now afford, but some can't seem to do that.  There's no reason to think he would listen to Mahomes.  I'm also tired of the excuse that he's just a kid.  Rice is in his twenties, attended college, makes money most people only dream about, and has achieved success including a ring.  He has plenty of advisors and help at his fingertips.  If he decides to keep hanging with the old crowd then there's no sympathy for him from me because he's had plenty of time to change course but apparently hasn't.  

how do you know it's his friends ..maybe he's the ring leader and now with $$??Maturity level questions are not new

Just now, oldtimer said:

how do you know it's his friends ..maybe he's the ring leader and now with $$??Maturity level questions are not new

You're right, I made an assumption.  But he was in his home area and the others in the car incident also left the scene.  He didn't loan out his 'vette to a stranger to street race. Whether he's the "leader" or not is immaterial.  If the gang gets together to spend Rice's money, he's going to be involved dumb situations.  People that cared about Rice would lead him away from street racing and 2:30 a.m. bar fights.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

You're right, I made an assumption.  But he was in his home area and the others in the car incident also left the scene.  He didn't loan out his 'vette to a stranger to street race. Whether he's the "leader" or not is immaterial.  If the gang gets together to spend Rice's money, he's going to be involved dumb situations.  People that cared about Rice would lead him away from street racing and 2:30 a.m. bar fights.  

I'd be willing to bet with OT. I bet Rice is the ring leader...He's the one with money, he's the one with so called "clout". I wouldn't be surprised at all if the car racing event was initiated by him...Now, a good friend with Rice's best interest in mind would probably try to talk him out of these things, but you never now....

At the end of the day, he is responsible for his own actions. It's not like he keeps getting caught being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The dude is actively participating in every event. HIM. So, I just think the dude is immature, entitled and has probably had his ass kissed since he was junior high...

10 hours ago, West said:

He needs for Mahomes to turn him over his knee.

5 hours ago, artsy said:

I'd be willing to bet with OT. I bet Rice is the ring leader...He's the one with money, he's the one with so called "clout". I wouldn't be surprised at all if the car racing event was initiated by him...Now, a good friend with Rice's best interest in mind would probably try to talk him out of these things, but you never now....

At the end of the day, he is responsible for his own actions. It's not like he keeps getting caught being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The dude is actively participating in every event. HIM. So, I just think the dude is immature, entitled and has probably had his ass kissed since he was junior high...

Not saying it his friends' fault.  Saying Rice needs to hang with different people.

He needs to be cut.  I'll say it again. He is a time bomb for this team. The Chiefs now know it, and they have not hesitated to cut really bad individuals in the past, no matter how good he is as a player.  We have to hope he gets signed by an AFC West team, so that he can burn them with a distraction like this.  He sounds like somebody who would have played for the old Oakland Raiders anyway. But some team will be desperate enough or foolish enough to sign him.  We can count on that. What a total shame for a guy with his talent and future to just crap on his and flush it down the toilet. A self-destructive young man.

soo if Rice gets cut for misbehaving AND Worthy does not meet expectations..does this put Veach on the hot seat? A  "dynasty" cant afford missing on 1rst and 2nd rnd picks and stay a dynasty.  This is really more about Veach reaching on a 2nd round player that had maturity red flags already and failing.

23 hours ago, West said:

i asked before, where is his family during all of this?

14 hours ago, SEMO said:

Wow.  IF, the newest info is true, he may get cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqJSBQaeedc

I'll wait for the details.  What was the reason for the altercation?  What was on the phone texts?  What did the witnesses see and hear?  Are the injuries to the photographer defining?  This wouldn't be such a big deal if Rice wasn't already in trouble.  Sure, it looks really bad and possibly Rice should be cut, but to me, it's too sketchy to jump off that cliff at this time.  Nothing lost by waiting to get the details and charges out before taking that step.

51 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'll wait for the details.  What was the reason for the altercation?  What was on the phone texts?  What did the witnesses see and hear?  Are the injuries to the photographer defining?  This wouldn't be such a big deal if Rice wasn't already in trouble.  Sure, it looks really bad and possibly Rice should be cut, but to me, it's too sketchy to jump off that cliff at this time.  Nothing lost by waiting to get the details and charges out before taking that step.

Yep.   2 different stories going around right now.  1 that says it was just a verbal altercation and nothing more from 2 bystanders and this one.    Best to let it get sorted out.

Lots of speculations....but the process needs to play out.

I do not see this as a "Veach on the hot seat"...Once the guy is on the roster they are the care  of the coaches with support from their team mates. Veach has the cap room to sign another vet receiver, although if we did not have these worries with Rice he could pursue a Vet LT.

I have to say no matter how the process plays out, I am disappointed in Rice.

w