Looks like we looking for another WR after Rice goes full blown moron!

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

How much did AZ pay?

Jones and the Cardinals agreed to terms on a contract Friday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. Jones' deal is reportedly a one-year contract worth up to $4.25 million, per Jordan Schultz of BleacherReport.com.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Jones and the Cardinals agreed to terms on a contract Friday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. Jones' deal is reportedly a one-year contract worth up to $4.25 million, per Jordan Schultz of BleacherReport.com.

that's pretty cheap makes me wonder if the Chiefs are really interested in another WR OR if AZ just promised him a bigger role

9 minutes ago, West said:

-agree OT....Play for the defending champs with MVPat over incentive $?

Makes no sense.

this is off Cardinals Wire but this may something to do with it all, he could be the early season #1WR until Marvin gets up to speed then go to #2, not as much competition for playing time as KC

He immediately becomes the most accomplished receiver on the team. If he is healthy, the receiver room is suddenly solidified with a top four of rookie Marvin Harrison Jr., Michael Wilson, Greg Dortch and Jones...It is very plausible that Jones winds up supplanting Wilson as the second starter on the outside.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/sports/1-personnel-director-had-chiefs-014848081.html

Draft Wire

1 personnel director had it right about Chiefs WR Rashee Rice

Here is a line from NFL writer Bob McGinn’s predraft report on Rice”

At least one team, however, has removed him from its draft board because of behavioral issues. “He’s talented, but not a good dude,” one personnel director said.

The league has yet to impose any sort of punishment on Rice for the incident but it could be significant if the league looks back into Rice’s past and takes into account another incident he had while playing at SMU. The Chiefs didn’t take a thing for granted in the 2024 NFL draft when they selected Texas speedster Xavier Worthy in the first round.

19 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Most players are paid mercinaries and will choose money over winning.  Most players will say the right things for fans to hear but when it comes down to it money is king.  

Works for my career. Probably most y'all's, too.

2 hours ago, Boone said:

I don't care which laundromat you work for, if another one offers you a substantial raise, you'll probably change teams. 

That was a joke, Boone.  You know..."money laundering."

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 8:11 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

Good luck to him.

On 5/11/2024 at 8:11 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

Good luck to him.

He's  going  to  need it. Like Ron White says,  you can't fix stupid.

You know, like double quoting.

Edited by THEWIZARD

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

That was a joke, Boone.  You know..."money laundering."

I know, and I got it...I was trying to throw one back to you. I should have included a 😉 or something. 

12 minutes ago, Boone said:

I know, and I got it...I was trying to throw one back to you. I should have included a 😉 or something. 

I am too dense to figure out that you figured it already.

One thing about Andy... he likes him a project.

Now he's got one. 

Hope it works out, and who knows it just might. Especially if the legal proceedings drag out. Would be awesome to have him available for the first 2 games, then miss the next 3 games, returning for the Niner's.

Yeah, I know.

• 1 month later...

If true what are your thoughts? Me personally I think it's because they are the Chiefs. Many other have done more stupid things and not even had 4 games suspension.