14 minutes ago, West said:

Good signing....Andy likes the Vet in the QB Room.

and they know each other which helps. I think the Gabbert experiment just didn't go the way they had hoped with the "Brady Connection". Gabbert probably wont see another team

Chiefs are already much better with Wentz instead of Gabbert.  Good signing.  More depth at QB is a big damn deal.  I knew we were going to need someone else, but Wentz is a great QB.  This assumes all of his injuries are healed. 

9 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Chiefs are already much better with Wentz instead of Gabbert.  Good signing.  More depth at QB is a big damn deal.  I knew we were going to need someone else, but Wentz is a great QB.  This assumes all of his injuries are healed. 

They can heal while he holds the clipboard on the sideline.  Let's face it.  The Chiefs go as far as Mahomes takes them.  Maybe a second stringer can win a game or two or maybe sub in during a game for a while, but he won't be the reason the Chiefs win playoff games.  

17 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They can heal while he holds the clipboard on the sideline.  Let's face it.  The Chiefs go as far as Mahomes takes them.  Maybe a second stringer can win a game or two or maybe sub in during a game for a while, but he won't be the reason the Chiefs win playoff games.  

I wouldn't bet the farm on that

11 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I wouldn't bet the farm on that

Wentz was a good QB at Philly until he got hurt but there's a reason he's failed ever since and can't stick with any team.  Probably better than Gabbert but I can't see him as saving the season if Mahomes goes down.  Hope I'm wrong about him. 

On 4/2/2024 at 2:39 PM, jetlord said:

Wentz was a good QB at Philly until he got hurt but there's a reason he's failed ever since and can't stick with any team.  Probably better than Gabbert but I can't see him as saving the season if Mahomes goes down.  Hope I'm wrong about him. 

If Mahomes goes down for the season then the season is over. You need a guy that can go 1-1 if Pat misses 2 games. You need a Henne. This guy is closer than Gabby. 

7 hours ago, DieHard said:

If Mahomes goes down for the season then the season is over. You need a guy that can go 1-1 if Pat misses 2 games. You need a Henne. This guy is closer than Gabby. 

Yeah, exactly.  Maybe 2-0.  Remember how good Foles was for us?